ncjumpjunkie

Man UP!!!!!!!!

If there is anyone in this forum that would like to talk to me or about me MAN UP and CALL ME! (910)858-0700 at my DZ.
Just to let everyone know I DO NOT CONTROL any BASE JUMPERS in my area or any where else for that matter. These are grown men and weman making their own dissisions.
The tower that you are talking about, YES I have jummped it many times at night and in day, with permission from the land owner and the company that rents a spot on this sight. I jumped it many times in the day when they were there working on the damn thing. They liked watching!!!!
I dont see how you or anyone else can call it HOT when everyone knows what is going on.
Yes there are other people that go to this sight from North Carolina and South Carolina. So Dont put my name is things unless Im involved!!!! PERIOD.
There are alot of people that dont like the way I do things, And I dont like the way most other BASE jumpers do things. But you dont hear me bitching about it when I see someone with FACE paint on hiding in the shadows of an Object that I have jumped with permission several times. Here it is again MAN UP talk to people. Hell everyone that I ever talked to about an object has let me jump it many times. Thats whats wrong with BASE now people want to keep it secret so that they feel like they are STEALING something when they jump.LET PEOPLE KNOW MAN UP!
SONIC BEEF #1 BASE 708, NC BASE 3
SLI,IADI,AFFI.TIE.FAA Rigger, Single & Multi Commercial Pilot,CFI, CFII, MEI

A note to all: Let's try to keep this discussion civil, as well.

A thought for John. Once you start training people in your area, you are responsible for them in an ethical sense. Just saying "it wasn't me" isn't really sufficient, in our normal community ethics. Teachers and mentors are expected to exercise good judgment in selecting students, and instill good ethics in those students. While no one expects you to be responsible for 100% of things that go on in your area, by starting the training cycle, you do create a certain responsibility for yourself in it's outcome.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

A note to all: Let's try to keep this discussion civil, as well.

A thought for John. Once you start training people in your area, you are responsible for them in an ethical sense. Just saying "it wasn't me" isn't really sufficient, in our normal community ethics. Teachers and mentors are expected to exercise good judgment in selecting students, and instill good ethics in those students. While no one expects you to be responsible for 100% of things that go on in your area, by starting the training cycle, you do create a certain responsibility for yourself in it's outcome.

Tell me what to do! Do I beat them up or call the BASE police on them. NO I CANT CONTROL what people do. What would you do if someone from your BASE course decides that the wont to jump everything in sight and wouldnt listen to you? You would probably do what I have done, WASH your hands of everything.

What would you do if someone from your BASE course decides that the want to jump everything in sight and wouldnt listen to you? You would probably do what I have done, WASH your hands of everything.

Actually, I'd probably make an effort to jump with them more, and lead them into better ways. Leadership is only rarely about brow beating.

Still, in this case, it sounds to me like what you have is a lesson you've learned about student selection. The real way to avoid these kinds of problems on your home ground is to be very careful about who you bring into the sport. You and I have the luxury of being able to be very picky about who we train--because we're not doing this as a business.

Not a whole lot you can do about that now, just something to think about the next time. We've all made mistakes. The trick is not repeating them.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

John never selected this monkey to do anything. As previously stated, John will go with if the people go against his judgement to call the Sonic Meat wagon. This thread is soon to be locked, I know. With that in mind I would like to state that I am with John. Any coward can type in a false name and then turn around and put someone else's full name on a website. Monkies go to space too. You can contact me through John at the afore mentioned number. I, with John, await. Man Up!

Still, in this case, it sounds to me like what you have is a lesson you've learned about student selection. The real way to avoid these kinds of problems on your home ground is to be very careful about who you bring into the sport. You and I have the luxury of being able to be very picky about who we train--because we're not doing this as a business.

Not a whole lot you can do about that now, just something to think about the next time. We've all made mistakes. The trick is not repeating them.

Mistakes!!! You call it a mistake that I made, when someone goes out on their own and BLAZES everything in sight. So if that were the case, THE ONE that I learned from would also be responsible, By what your saying is that its a chain reaction that falls on the teacher if someone falls into doing things their way instead of what they are tought. The most experienced guy is at fault. ALSO THE guy that has been posting on here about this sight LEROY BUCKLEY was NEVER tought by me so how IS THIS MY FAULT?????

By what your saying is that its a chain reaction that falls on the teacher if someone falls into doing things their way instead of what they are tought. The most experienced guy is at fault.

Yup. That's exactly what I'm saying.

If one of my students goes out and blazes something, even years later, I do share some of the responsibility. The sooner after they leave my tutelage, the more of the burden is mine, I believe.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I could be way off base here, no pun intended, but it was my understanding that the person we are goosestepping around naming here, the problem child himself, was never a student of yours John. Am I mistaken? I mean, I asked you for over a year to start mentoring me and you made it clear that you were not taking students, not training people, not being responsible for starting people out BASE jumping. That was CRYSTAL CLEAR to me.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I could be way off base here, no pun intended, but it was my understanding that the person we are goosestepping around naming here, the problem child himself, was never a student of yours John. Am I mistaken? I mean, I asked you for over a year to start mentoring me and you made it clear that you were not taking students, not training people, not being responsible for starting people out BAE jumping. That was CRYSTAL CLEAR to me.

You are so true and i edited my last post to to put his name out there. LEROY was never a student of mine! He has caused alot of trouble and Im always blamed for it and I never wanted to put his name out there BUT IM TIRED OF IT.

By what your saying is that its a chain reaction that falls on the teacher if someone falls into doing things their way instead of what they are tought. The most experienced guy is at fault.

Yup. That's exactly what I'm saying.

If one of my students goes out and blazes something, even years later, I do share some of the responsibility. The sooner after they leave my tutelage, the more of the burden is mine, I believe.

Ok lets get everyone involved! If the teacher is to blame then I think the other post was put out by a TEACHER of LEROY'S.

You are so true and i edited my last post to to put his name out there. LEROY was never a student of mine! He has caused alot of trouble and Im always blamed for it and I never wanted to put his name out there BUT IM TIRED OF IT.

So there we have it. This person, who is not/was not a student of John's causes problems for the rest of us and John gets the blame. That's camaraderie for you. You want a patsy? You want your scapegoat? Go look up this character who is REALLY causing the heat.
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

LEROY Im tired of taking CRAP from other people for YOU! If I get anymore crap you better man up and take the HEAT or I will start a fire!:|

LEROY Im tired of taking CRAP from other people for YOU! If I get anymore crap you better man up and take the HEAT or I will start a fire!:|

Just so we're clear, I'm Kevin. :P

But I hear ya, brother.

Just so we're clear, I'm Kevin. :P

But I hear ya, brother.

I know who you are but i couldnt post something else unless i posted on the last post.......sorry

I know who you are but i couldnt post something else unless i posted on the last post.......sorry

I was just having fun with you, my friend. No worries. B|

Hey whats up John,

A friend of mine came through your hood recently and had good things to say about you and your hospitality. That makes you OK in my book, but I do think that the general attitude in SC towards base is at best marginal. The whole sonic beef skydiver thing is cute and all that, but I see a lot of skydiver mentality on the beef web page that does not really mesh to well with BASE ettiquette. I'm not telling you how to do your thing, but there has been a lot of problems in your neck of the woods, and most of it has to do with newbies teaching newbies teaching newbies, and little regard to BASE ethics. Everyone effects everyone else in this sport. If somebody is fucking things up in your hood, you just may have to set things straight.

John, for better or worse (my buddy says for better) you are a lead guy down there. You set the tone for many. If you don't push the idea of being stealth, preserving sites, and the like, others will follow your lead. To start with, a giant "Were loud, obnoxious drunk, boisterous skydiver/ basejumpers" web site isn't really the base way.

We've had similar potential problems around Maryland, and yes, we pretty much threatened people's health, well being, and gear if they were to do somehting really stupid. We are self policing, so if people aren't doing right by you and yours, fix it.

I'd be happy to share a jump with you, if there is anything left to jump down there in the future. :P

Tree

The whole sonic beef skydiver thing is cute and all that, but I see a lot of skydiver mentality on the beef web page that does not really mesh to well with BASE ettiquette.

The whole SONIC BEEF page is mostly all skydivers from my DZ thats why it looks like all skydivers. My post was to let everyone know that when it comes to things in this area Iam NOT the go to guy! It seems that when something goes wrong my name gets dragged in the middle of it. I know your bro and he is a damn good guy,and any time that any of you come here you will be greeted with open arms!

Good thing Maryland is only a few minutes long on a trip to someplace worth a shit. BASE is jsut a small portion of our lives and what we do has nothing to do with blazing shit. Nobody has a problem when we jump these things just as cautiously as you. It's one monkey screwing it up for everyone. If you think we should hurt this kid then maybe we need to look at who has the problems here.

You don't define what everyone thinks about BASE even though there are gonna be a shitload of groupies gathering around this one. I am pretty sure that the sooner you get a grip the better. The website is true to heart and no one asked for you to enlighten us. If you're gonna insult someone just say it.

I'm not telling you how to do your thing, but there has been a lot of problems in your neck of the woods, and most of it has to do with newbies teaching newbies teaching newbies, and little regard to BASE ethics. Everyone effects everyone else in this sport. If somebody is fucking things up in your hood, you just may have to set things straight.

John, for better or worse (my buddy says for better) you are a lead guy down there. You set the tone for many. If you don't push the idea of being stealth, preserving sites, and the like, others will follow your lead. To start with, a giant "Were loud, obnoxious drunk, boisterous skydiver/ basejumpers" web site isn't really the base way.
:P

Tree

Yeah the whole thing about newbies taking newbies was the same guy Leroy Buckly...He took his brother one of my AFF students with only 5 jumps and put him off a tower and almost killed him. This thread is becouse leroy posted a video on here day blazin and I got blamed for it. I DONT JUMP WITH LEROY!!!!!!!

You are right, I don't define BASE, that is for sure; But I know it when I see it. Take PDX a few years ago for example, they defined what a base scene was. I don't live in either place, but having been around for a while, and having eyes and ears, I can see and hear whats going on.

The road is long so a short sighted map will not get you there.

I don't live in either place, but having been around for a while, and having eyes and ears, I can see and hear whats going on.

Like I said I have been taking the heat for shit that I have nothing to do with. And it all stems from Leroy. Everybody has been hearing shit from NC but ask everyone here he is the blame and we were just trying to keep his name out of it becouse he is a local but NO MORE will I take the heat for his antics.

You know what I getting fed up with this whole thing. And I have posted a photo of what i think of this.