TomAiello

A new BASE book

I'm wondering, how do you order this book from canada?

Since the author lives in Canada, I don't think it can be too hard. Have you tried Amazon?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I messed around with Amazon.com for about a month, they never shipped it. So I went to www.barnesandnoble.com and had it a week later.

Just another route you can take if you're still trying to get your hands on a copy.

Well, I called Chapter's and ordered it from them, they called me later that night and told me my order had been cancelled due to the fact that the author ran out, their not printing anymore.:( Any other ideas?

***Free bird Forever

Then you still can get the electronic version.
I think it's what I'm gonna do if my order doesn't succeed with amazon.

Jul.
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!
"Minds are like parachutes the

Thanks, I attempted to order it from barnes & nobles, O.K. so far, we'll see if it works.

***Free bird Forever

I ordered from Amazon.com a week ago, and it shipped four days later. Haven't received it yet, but am not expecting any problems.

Cheers,

Jaap Suter

I received the book from Amazon.com yesterday, and finished it the same night. It's a page turner! I can highly recommend it to anybody interested in Base.

What I really love about the book is that it manages to capture the most important thing of all. After all the preparation, the education or lack of it, the packing, the climbing, the jumping, the landing, the traveling, potential b*llshit and all adventure; it's all about one and one thing only: 'having a good time with friends'.

I also really liked the prose by the way. It reminded me a lot of the book "Surely you're joking, Mr. Feynman" which is about completely different things, but has the same anecdotal style to it.

Cheers,

Jaap Suter

thought id bump this to the top for any of the other BASE newbies out there. i ordered this book right around the same time this thread originated. for whatever reason i just now got around to reading it. it is a great book, picked it up this morning due to shitty weather and just finished, i couldnt put it down even to take the dog out for a crap:S

he feels much better now that i have finished reading.
thanks for a great read BASE 66.
what!?

I picked up a copy written in English from Jevto's booth on Saturday at Bridge Day 2005. Apparently everyone was more drunk than I was. That's a first.
In theory, there is no difference bretween theory and practice. In practice, however, there is. -

"RIP Forever Brian Schubert. Always remembered, Never forgotten" - Leroy DB
http://www.johnny

Apparently everyone was more drunk than I was. That's a first.

Yeah, BASE has become way hardcore since your jumps in Yosemite... :)

Yupp I just finished reading it a few weeks ago.. it was brilliant - really hard to put down!

BASE 66 is by far the best account of BASE jumping yet published.

Except for the small issue of the nebulous reference to our '66 El Cap jump as having been made by "two guys from California", the book was excellent. (just kidding):)
Jevto is a very talented writer. Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down until it was finished. I would highly recommend it to anyone, jumper or not, for a thoroughly enjoyable read.
In theory, there is no difference bretween theory and practice. In practice, however, there is. -

"RIP Forever Brian Schubert. Always remembered, Never forgotten" - Leroy DB
http://www.johnny

I just got a copy from amazon.com earlier this week... haven't had a chance to read very much of it yet, but I like what I've read so far :)