Marital status: single
Hobbies: BASE jumping, DownHill, Swimming
Harness and container: Perigee Pro, WS Extreme Gargoyle
Parachute: Mojo 240, Ace 260
Home dropzone: Skydive Cuautla (Mx)
Records or awards:
Pet peeves: People that are mean to animals
What is your favorite quote? "Everybody dies, but not everybody lives"
What is your philosophy on life? Move one step at the time.
What is something most people don’t know about you? I’m really scared of Spiders
Who has inspired you in BASE jumping? Super Johnny , Mark, Clem, Avery , and all my friends .
What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment? The first Wingsuit Base Jump in México in 2001 in a 1500ft cliff we call the Orange, It was also the first time I jumped that cliff and I was very scared but excited at the same time , It was only my friend and myself at that mountain and for a moment it felt so silent before the jump , It was a great jump !
Describe Gabriel Ruiz in five words or less: I like having many friends .
I BASE jump because… I like the feeling I get before , during and after the jump . Also because of the wonderful people I have met in this sport. I love the visuals I get especially on cliffs. And I need my constant adrenaline fix .

Gabriel

Is that longest in time or distance?

Both... Longest distance and time :D...

Your post is hillarious :D...

I'm soooo hung over today, I needed a pick me up :)
:)
SBCmac

Jason "Big Country" Kennon
Height and weight: 6'2 225lbs
Birthplace: Lansing,MI
Marital status: Married 2 children Aaron,Ashlyn
Hobbies: BASE jumping, skydiving, shooting pool, drinking beer,hanging out with all my friends old and new,and spending time with my wife and kids.
Harness and container: (3)NEOs (1) paratech odyssey
Parachute: Mojo 280 Ace 310
Home dropzone: Skydive Paris TN
Records or awards: I don't think you will ever see my name on any of these
Pet peeves: People over 65 who still drive on the interstate
What is your favorite quote? 2 thing happen when you die..first your footsteps blow away and then people stop telling your story-Kevin McGuire
What is your philosophy on life? From the moment we are born we start to die...some go early some go late,it doesn't matter its what you do in meen time that matters.
What is something most people don’t know about you? I too am really scared of horses.
Who has inspired you in BASE jumping? All of you inspire me in one or another but what you should have done is talked my clumsy ass out of this shit.oh well...to late now.
What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment? Climbing down an 1100' A after the elevator got stuck and watching lighting strike all around us just knowing it was going to hit us at any second.Man that was on bitch of a storm.
Describe Jason Kennon in 5 words or less: fun,caring,calm,easy going
I BASE jump because… Everything in my life is changeable except the fact that i will die.I know this will happen and i cannot stop it nor can choose how or when.But one thing i can do is live every moment like it is my last and make the most out of life i have.
big country
base998

Records or awards:

Aren't you Mx BASE #1 ? :)

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

Hello
Yes, I was the first person to complete all 4 objects in México .
# 1 Gabriel Ruiz
# 2 Avery Badenhop
# 3 Harry Parker

We are waiting for # 4 and that could be anyone !!
It could be you !

Gabo

Margaret "nerdgirl" Kosal

Height and weight: 5’5 & … more than I like
Birthplace: Detroit, MI
Marital status: trans-Atlantic affair
Occupation: dangerously over-educated, trying to save the world, reformed (?) mad-scientist
Hobbies: skydiving, ice-climbing, writing, hiking, biking, belly-dance
Harness and container: Neo, with emblazoned biohazard symbol
Parachute: Flik 293
Home dropzone: Archway Skydiving, Vandalia IL
Records or awards: nothing pertinent
Pet peeves: Passive-aggressiveness, preconceived notions
What is your favorite quote? Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters. Tibetan Buddhist saying.
What is your philosophy on life? See above
What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment? First cliff jump in Norway
Describe Margaret in five words or less: intense, outgoing, idealistic, dangerously over-educated
I BASE jump because… skydiving no longer scared me; there’s so much more thinking in BASE (compared to skydiving and other ‘activities’) and simultaneously, it’s so fundamental an activity; to feel alive.

5’5 and jumping a 293 - your wingloading must be very low. Have you experienced any difficulty under canopy because of that? (such as difficulty making distance over obstacles to get to an LZ, etc?)
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

Hey Kidwicked-

Please note that Marg didn't post her weight. You jump to conclusions when you assume because she's 5'5" her wingloading is off. She did buy an appropriate size to reach an appropriate wingloading. Nice of you to notice and make mention!

Karen
BR

5’5 and a jumping a 293 - your wingloading must be very low. Have you experienced any difficulty under canopy because of that? (such as difficulty making distance over obstacles to get to an LZ, etc?)

So much for the preconceived notions pet peeve.

I'd say the difficulty in getting over obstacles would be fairly high. eg, fence, wall, donut left in the middle of the road etc.
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

*** "donut left in the middle of the road etc"

Skin, that was mean. By mean I mean that I can't stop laughing and it is cruel to inflict that kind of torture on me. :)

What is your favorite quote? Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters. Tibetan Buddhist saying.
What is your philosophy on life? See above

Marg (hee hee), I owe you an apology. In the interests of sincerity I thought I'd make it a public one.

We are clearly opposites. I myself am dangerously under-educated. I didn't even graduate high school, no GED, nothing...pathetic really! I could've been a lawyer.

I fear that you have no use for my respect after my callous comments but, for what it's worth, you gain more respect from me by being a BASE jumper by default than any other form of foodivore, including that pretentious shite Jared from the Subway commercials.

You may fly a 293 but you'll always be a size 55 in my book.

You're not just fat, Marg...you're phat!;)

Dairy Queen and ground crew on me.
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Well, if Tom and Skin did it...

Yuri Kuznetsov
Height and weight: 5’10, 150 lbs
Birthplace: Moscow, Russia
Marital status: Unmarried
Hobbies: BASE jumping, wingsuits, karate, scuba diving, trance music, travel
Harness and container: Merlin, Warlock, Wizard
Parachute: Troll, Fox, Impy
Home dropzone: Entire world
Records or awards: Who cares
Pet peeves: Organized religions
What is your favorite quote? "BASE jumper dies in senseless tragedy" - Dead Steve via 460
What is your philosophy on life? Life must be enjoyed.
What is something most people don’t know about you? Never been hurt or busted
Who has inspired you in BASE jumping? 175, Thor Alex, DW
What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment? Looking at a friend who just started a countdown, thinking "now it's a 2-way"...
Describe Yuri Kuznetsov in five words or less: Smiling :)I BASE jump because… it's too low for a wingsuit

Dear Yuri,

I think all of the years of partying and jumping have melted your brain. You can't even spell your name correctly. It was published in Skydiving as "Kounetsov" when they mentioned you, as the Godfather of Russian BASE, hitting your 1000 BASE jump. Clearly they got it right, as how could they fuck up something as simple as spelling your name corectly while giving you major props on your accomplishment. But down the pipe and bottle, and very soon you will remember that it is not "Kuznetsov", as you wrote, but that it is "Kounetsov". I really think that you need this long vacation coming up. :P

Cya.

...You can't even spell your name correctly...I really think that you need this long vacation oming up. :P

What's that old saying about stones and glass houses?

Put down the pipe, and step slowly away. :)
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Don't screw up my teasing Yuri with spelling issues!

Now that you've done it, I'll explain for the short bus crowd. Yuri was in Skydiving under "Maybe You've Heard" regarding him hitting 1000. The spellign of the name was so far off, I decided to make fun. There, happy? Can't have any fun aorund here. :P

Dammit!

As Yuri pointed out to me, his last name is pronounced and spelled as "cuts nuts off."
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Lika
Height and weight: 172 cm, 60 kg
Birthplace: Russia
Marital status: unmarried
Hobbies: BASE jumping, acrobatics, snowboarding, videoediting, travelling, scuba diving...
Harness and container: Atmosphere
Parachute: MDV Troll 225
Home dropzone: Borki Moscow, but not only for jumping
Records or awards: none
Pet peeves: fanatic-christians
What is your favorite quote: can't translate it in english
What is your philosophy on life?: It could be good or bad. It depens on my point of view, which i can change. So let it be perfect.
What is something most people don't know about you?i really love my friends
Who has inspiried you in BASE jumping? Den, Vovka, Yuri
What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment? the last seconds on the exit point before my first cliff jump in South France.
Describe Lika in five words or less: I'm an animal
I BASE jump because... ...It was a chance to get the impressions of suicide not doing it... It was a method to learn how to enjoy the life... It is still scary... It's a way to get the magical visuals ... There is always something new ... It's my life.
Between two evils always pick theone never tried

"suicide without doing it... "
A curiosity of my own, (and only that). but i hardly see it voiced much. well put. just wanted to say 'Cheers.

-SPACE-

Don't screw up my teasing Yuri with spelling issues!

Now that you've done it, I'll explain for the short bus crowd. Yuri was in Skydiving under "Maybe You've Heard" regarding him hitting 1000. The spellign of the name was so far off, I decided to make fun. There, happy? Can't have any fun aorund here. :P

Dammit!

Tom, please delete this login name. Faber has obviously signed up for a second account which I believe is against the rules.

Perhaps we should chip in to buy the big feller a spell checker and a tricycle to get him off the little bus.

And btw, don't put the pipe or bottle down just pass them over here.

Congrats to Yuri on his nuvonym (did I just invent that term?)

Keep those bios coming kiddies. This is the most entertainment I've had since the top-secret dwarf juggling expedition to Reno...

:)
$kin.

psst if you knew how to do multiple IP´´s you probaly would do so aswell;)

Besides thanks for giving me credit for Treejumps´s often werry experienced posts:ph34r::D i owe you a beer:P

Perhaps we should chip in to buy the big feller a spell checker and a tricycle to get him off the little bus.

dont borther about the spellchekker i cant read anyway,if i can use the tricycle off a bus driving over an S im in...

looking forward to meet you funny fella:P

besides the only place im big is in the gasses that leaves my body;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Height and weight: 6' 85kg
Birthplace: The Midlands (m'duck), UK
Marital status: I believe I would be allowed to - I think the ban was only on me breeding
Hobbies: Apart from the obvious; bikes, music
Harness and container: Gargoyle
Parachute: Troll 265 MDV
Home dropzone: UK DZ's
Records or awards: Couple of skydiving medals that I was quite pleased about at the time
Pet peeves: middle-lane hoggers; stupid people
What is your favorite quote?: currently; "believe those who are seeking the truth, doubt those who have found it" or "never throw an angry cat straight up"
What is your philosophy on life?: I have no wish to be the richest man in the graveyard - so far I am succeeding....
What is something most people don’t know about you?: I grew up in a commune
What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment? For good reasons: my first (and only) SU; for personal development reasons: hopping out of the landing area for 30 mins with a broken leg
Describe Evilivan in five words or less: must try to drink less
I BASE jump because…: Ever since I was young I wanted to know what it would feel like to jump off a cliff and survive.... And it scares the crap out of me.
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

What is your philosophy on life?: I have no wish to be the richest man in the graveyard - so far I am succeeding....

:ph34r::D only by not beeing death:D:ph34r:

What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment?

huh you forgot the jump whith me>:(:D

Describe Evilivan in five words or less: must try to drink less

should be:Learning not to get hangovers...

I BASE jump because…: Ever since I was young I wanted to know what it would feel like to jump off a cliff and survive.... And it scares the crap out of me.

the guy watch cartoon all day,he think he will survive even whith out a rig:ph34r::D

luv ya bro:P
now use some of all your mony to get a camera so you can video the rest of us:ph34r::D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Michael "Mac" McHale
Height and weight: 5'11, 12 stone 12lbs (for now)
Birthplace: Ascot, Berks, UK
Marital status: Unmarried but not single
Occupation: Was Accountant, but got sacked after my 6 months off during injury
Hobbies: BASE, Learning about BASE, Walking my 2 dogs, drinking, and now after injury, going to the gym.
Harness and container: Gargoyle
Parachute: Troll MDV 265
Home dropzone: Well when I actually skydived it was Hinton UK - I will be back to get canopy skills up to speed again.
Records or awards: I award myself a medal to overcome my vertigo problem each and everytime I jump.
Pet peeves: traffic jams and newbies who think they know what they are doing, and people who burn objects, and people who have no respect for what they are doing in BASE.....
What is your favorite quote? "If you dont like it - FUCK OFF", "what could possibly go wrong", "and you wonder why we dont meet women"
What is your philosophy on life? Dont get caught up in the bulshit - live it, love it - and if you dont like it, dont fucking do it!
What is something most people don’t know about you? I am intersted in archeology and history
Who has inspired you in BASE jumping?
Firstly, Myself - I have manged to tame my fears, other than that - then Mark Amodeo for being more scared than me on an exit but still flicking the 240ft B with shit landing area, and also flicking a well known "cheesey" cliff solo, and obviously people like Slim who went back to jump after horrific injury, and DW who just pushed the limits that we never thought were able to be pushed. - In the end I get inspired by everyone - there is always someone out there that amazes me in what they are doing, whether its someone with 10 jumps or 1000 jumps - YOU ARE ALL INSPIRING!
What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment? Fucking up my leg quite badly........... the one that put the biggest smile on my face though, was doing a 270ft E with Faber on his first E........

Describe Michael McHale in five words or less: always looking for explainations and reasons for things.

I BASE jump because… I spent 28 years looking for something that makes me smile inside for real, I have now found it.

Rob 'Skypuppy' Price
BASE 92
Height and weight:5'6", 170-195 depending on time of year and injuries
Birthplace:Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Marital status:married
Hobbies:BASE, skydiving, kayaking, camping
Harness and container:Reactor
Parachute:Fury
Home Dropzone:Skydive Toronto

Records or Awards:helped organize Canadian CRW record on Canada Day in 1985; in Canadian record FS formation, 2001

Pet peeves:people who are always sure of what has to be done.

What is your favorite quote?
"now I see what you were doing... You just needed someplace high to jump off..." Some farmer wondering what my buddy was doing parked down at the road next to this antenna near his farm...
or how about
"Your buddy Joe tells us there's someone named Rob up there. You want to climb down so we can have a little talk with you too???"

What is your philosophy on life?There has to be something I'm alright at.

What is something most people don't know about you? I mostly feel like an anachronism.

Who has inspired you in BASE?Phil Smith, Kevin Venell (the little Texan), Robin Heid (that's right, Satan himself, and I still admire him!), Joe Stanley.

Most memorabe BASE jumping moment:Sitting atop a 700' antenna under a bright blue sky on a windy day above a solid 400' thick ground fog. The only thing I could see from the real world was the antenna I was on with it's guy wires disappearing into the fog, and another antenna a couple of miles away that poked up out of the fog. That's the closest I ever felt to being one of God's creatures in my life. Then falling into the fog before opening, facing the tower and doing s-turns into the wind while the only things I could make out thru were a short 50-70' section of the antenna in front of me, and the occasional glimpse of guy wire as I did my s-turns between them. The sight of trees coming up below me on a side of the tower I'd never really checked out, and not knowing if they were 100' high, or 10'... (turned out they were 10.

Describe Rob Price in five words or less:Desperately trying to fit in.

I BASE jump because...Originally in the mid 80's, I thought I was pretty adept at understanding how parachutes worked and why(I was a rigger and instructor with 1000+ jumps, lots of crw and accuracy), and it just seemed like another discipline of the sport and a natural progression. The challenge was just how to adapt the parachute to open at low altitudes. (Not for me the intentional throwing of one's body through wild gyrations on exit only to save one's life at the last second with a desparate throw of an over-sized sea anchor - no thanks, I'll try to exit belly down and hope to have a long, rather tame ride down).
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone