DexterBase

Bio

Skydiver have them so why shouldn't we? Post yours if you want. Cut and paste...

Chad “Dexter” Peabody
Height and weight: 5’8, 150 lbs
Birthplace: West Covina, Ca
Marital status: Unmarried but not single
Hobbies: BASE jumping, skydiving, rock climbing, shooting pool, Bavarian hefeweisen
Harness and container: Perigee Pro by Asylum Designs
Parachute: Black Jack 240 by Consolidated Rigging
Home dropzone: Blueskies Skydiving in Bremerton, WA
Records or awards: First rollover/ double PCA three way 9/04
Pet peeves: Negative people and those who have stopped dreaming.
What is your favorite quote? "I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." -Jack London
What is your philosophy on life? There is nothing in life you cannot achieve if you’re willing to work hard enough.
What is something most people don’t know about you? I’m really scared of horses
Who has inspired you in BASE jumping? Tom Aiello, Tim Mattson, Ray Losli, Dwain Weston (RIP), Roland “Slim” Simpson (RIP)
What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment? Standing on top of a beautiful 300 foot cliff in Moab, Utah with two of the best BASE jumpers in the world, watching the sun set while preparing for a jump.
Describe Chad Peabody in five words or less: Constantly looking over the horizon
I BASE jump because… Man has already walked on the moon. We've already explored the deepest trenches of the ocean and the highest mountains on Earth. Most of the frontiers have already been explored. BASE jumpers are exploring the boundaries of the human mind every day. We're going further and further into the unknown and rewriting the possibilities of human flight and human achievement. BASE jumping is one activity where you can stand next to your heroes as equals and step onto the same playing field. If you’ve never experienced the sensations of flying your body through the air, it’s absolutely worth taking a look at. We watch records get broken all the time, and you never know what somebody’s going to do next.

Avery “Tattoo Buckaroo” Badenhop
Height and weight: 6', 170 lbs
Birthplace: Bremen, Germany
Marital status: Married
Hobbies: BASE Jumping, Skydiving, BirdMan
Harness and container: Perigee Pro by Consolidated Rigging
Parachute: Mojo 260 by Consolidated Rigging
Home dropzone: Lodi, CA
Records or awards: Trans-millennium BASE jump
Pet peeves: Ants in the butter.
What is your favorite quote? "Better to have and not need, than to need and not have". Seth Blake (rip)
What is your philosophy on life? If it's not fun, I'm not doing it.
What is something most people don’t know about you? I am a Christian.
Who has inspired you in BASE jumping? Dennis M. and Yuri K.
What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment? Sitting on a San Antonio side walk staring at my bones, calling my wife on the radio for a ride to the hospital.
Describe Avery in five words or less: Three, two, one, see ya!
I BASE jump because… I don't watch it on TV.
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Height and weight: 175,5cm:P 80kg(i lost weight
Birthplace: Haslev Denmark
Marital status: divorced but had a gf for the last 2,5year 2 kids
Hobbies: BASE
Harness and container: Vertex1 and Gargoyle
Parachute:Fox265vtec multi and Flik 266vtec multi
Home dropzone:any object i can jump off,i dont skydive anymore
Records or awards:bronce in accuracy at my dz year 2000:ph34r::D
Pet peeves: people who only thinks of them self
What is your favorite quote?:"what could posibly go wrong"i first heard it as BASE 813 said it
What is your philosophy on life?: dont waste your time beeing angry you only live once.
What is something most people don’t know about you?: i can move boths my balls whith out touching them(my x and my gf is vitness)
What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment? UK my first cliff
Describe Faber in five words or less:Egoist,loving father perfectionist
I BASE jump because…: Its what i love to do

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

What is your favorite quote? "I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." -Jack London

Interesting choice. I believe Jack London killed himself....
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

I'm not saying it makes a difference at all. I'm just saying that he did kill himself... London was a guy it would have been cool to hang around - sailor, boxer, dock worker, lumberer, sometime gold prospector, also a communist, well-known author (Sea Wolf, Call of the Wild). I'm sure if it had been a little later he would have been a pilot as well, probably flying in South America like Jimmy Angel. He also drank prodigously, and actually wrote a semi-biographical novel about an author who drank and then killed himself..... Like I said, an interesting guy. He died too young.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Nudge.

More bios please. You phreaques are pretty interesting.

Please include nekkid pics if you're a chick.

;)
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

I'll do one if you'll do one.

I sure hope you're referring to bio's and not naked pictures! ;)

You first big boy.;)
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Ahh....what the heck. My life is an open book anyway!;)

Jason Bell
Height and weight: 6'4", 212 lbs
Birthplace: Pennsylvania
Marital status: Married, wife is currently knocked up (2 months).
Occupation: Mechanical Engineer, Cat Herder (Bridge Day Co-organizer)
Hobbies: My smart home, photography, computers, BASE jumping, wingsuits.
Harness and container: Gargoyle and Wizard
Parachute: Mojo 280 and Fox Vtec 285, 26' Lopo
Home dropzone: Grove City-PA, NRGB.
Records or awards: 2nd place canopy opening during IPBC 1998 and 1999, 3rd place team 1998 IPBC, judges choice 1999 Bridge Day IPBC, 19-way Perrine jump May 2003.
Pet peeves: Littering, people who enter the freeway at 40mph.
What is your favorite quote? "Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant only taste of death but once" - Shakespeare
What is your philosophy on life? Get out and enjoy life, so you can have something cool to talk about when you're 85 years old in a nursing home.
What is something most people don’t know about you? I'm a Christian....oh, that's right, you already know that by now. How about the fact that I can ride a 6' tall unicycle and juggle at the same time?
Who has inspired you in BASE jumping? Slim, for coming back after a serious injury and enjoying life to the end.
What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment? Eiger, July 2002. Four of us thought we'd made our last leap.
Describe Jason in five words or less: Tough exterior, soft interior.
I BASE jump because… I don't do drugs and need my adrenaline fix.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Joe "Park" Ranger
Height and weight: 5’8, 150 lbs
Birthplace: _______ National Park Ranger Station
Marital status: Married to "The Force"
Hobbies: I enjoy long walks in the [National] park, with my snitch friends, high-powered binoculars, guns, and plenty of backup looking for "illegal" BASE jumpers.
Harness and container: I have many different ones in my evidence locker.
Parachute: I have many of those there, too.
Home dropzone: What's a dropzone?
Records or awards: Most taxpayer dollars wasted looking for illegal BASE jumping award, 1997-2004
Pet peeves: People who think that BASE jumping is not a crime.
What is your favorite quote? "Do you feel lucky, punk?" --Dirty Harry
What is your philosophy on life? There is nothing in life you cannot achieve if you can actually catch enough BASE jumpers.
What is something most people don’t know about you? I'm reading your posts on the BASE forums, right now.
Who has inspired you in BASE jumping? Smokey the Bear.
What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment? When I confiscated my 50th BASE rig, I stripped down to nothing and rolled around in the piles of nylon I had stacked up in the evidence locker, all the while thinking of Sigfried and Roy and listening to Ethel Merman.
Describe Joe Ranger in five words or less:I'm gonna bust your ass.
I [bust] BASE jump[ers] because… Where do I start? My dad didn't pay enough attention to me as a kid, Which left me without a real male role model in my life, forcing me to overcompensate for my small penis beginning in high school when I went out for ALL the sports, failing miserably in all save wrestling (which I really enjoyed, but couldn't win a match to save my life)...Well, to make a long story short, I really just don't have anything better to do with my life than selectively enforce outdated laws at the [great] expense of otherwise law-abiding citizens.

What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment? When I confiscated my 50th BASE rig, I stripped down to nothing and rolled around in the piles of nylon I had stacked up in the evidence locker, all the while thinking of Sigfried and Roy and listening to Ethel Merman.

(((((((Gag)))))))

I hope that wasn't my Ace...

(((((((Gag)))))))

I just threw up a little bit... into my mouth...

Katie "Katiemonster" Hansen
Height and weight: 5'7" 135lbs
Birthplace: Portland, OR
Marital status: Unmarried but not single
Hobbies: BASE jumping, skydiving, rock climbing, snowboarding, reading, music, beer.
Harness and container: Softcock by Bounceproof Rigging
Parachute: Black Jack 240 by Consolidated Rigging
Home dropzone: Blueskies Skydiving in Bremerton, WA
Records or awards: First rollover/ double PCA three way 9/04
Pet peeves: Drama
What is your favorite quote?: "I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms, and, if it proved to be mean, why then get the whole and genuine meanness of it...or if it were sublime, to know it by experience." Thoreau
What is your philosophy on life?: Do what you want to do, it's your life and you only get to live once, never stop dreaming, seize opportunities.
What is something most people don’t know about you?: I looooove cookies.
Who has inspired you in BASE jumping?: Chad, Dwain, Russel, Pete.
What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment?: Jumping in a crazy thunder and lightening storm with SBCMac. It rained on us so hard, I have never felt more like a part of the elements instead of just an observer in awe.
Describe Katie Hansen in five words or less: Dreamer, passionate, tenacious, active, student
I BASE jump because… I love it.

hehehehe... here's mine. This is fun.:P

Jen “JeNn*E*jEnN” Dembinski
Height and weight: 5’10, 140 lbs
Birthplace: Buffalo, NY
Marital status: Flyin' solo (single, no BF…)
Hobbies: BASE jumping, skydiving, bird(wo)man, traveling, swimming, being a GeEk
Harness and container: 1)Paratech Odyssey 2)CR Perigee
Parachute: CR Mojo 220, pegashit 220
Home dropzone: Spaceland/Waller Houston, TX
Records or awards: Curing cancer (ovarian)…
Pet peeves: laziness
What is your favorite quote? “Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.” – Fight Club
What is your philosophy on life? Get the most out of it while you can…
What is something most people don’t know about you? I am a GeEk.
Who has inspired you in BASE jumping? Um… I don’t really look to be like anyone, so does myself count??
What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment? Wow, so many memories!! But if I have to choose a MOMENT… I think it would be when I took that first step after just landing following a jump off a tall A… Feeling something rope-like and thinking, “wow, I stopped”, then realizing what I thought was a nice little ATV pathway to land on, was barbwire. Ouch.
Describe Jen in five words or less: Silly, fun, loyal, shy, geek.
I BASE jump because… It’s a part of me. It makes my life complete. I love it. I’m addicted.
-------------------------------------------
"Scars remind you that the past is real..."

Steve Armstrong
Height and weight: 5’10", 185-190 lbs
Birthplace: Toronto Ontario, Canada
Marital status: Single
Hobbies: BASE jumping, skydiving, hockey, skiing, climbing, mountain biking, volleyball and yes women.
Harness and container: Vertex from Basic Research (now Apex)
Parachute: FLiK 293 from Basic Research (now Apex)
Home dropzone: Wishing it was Eloy, but it's not.
Pet peeves: People who drive slow in the left hand lane.
What is your favorite quote? "Try not to worry about the things you have no control over"
What is your philosophy on life? Live for today as you may not be around tomorrow.
What is something most people don’t know about you? No comment.
Who has inspired you in BASE jumping? A certain bird-girl from the UK (but we haven't talked in months)
What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment? My first cliff jumps in Moab.
I BASE jump because… I can and because I have long term goals of doing wingsuit BASE jumps off of some big walls.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Tom Aiello
Height and weight: 5’7", 195 pounds
Birthplace: San Luis Obispo, Ca
Marital status: Married to the most wonderful woman in the world.
Hobbies: BASE jumping, MINI Coopers, Working on my house, Reading, Watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Harness and container: Prism (1), Basic Research; Gargoyle, Morpheus Technologies
Parachute: Troll 290 MDV, Atair Aerodynamics; Black Jack 280, Consolidated Rigging
Home dropzone: Don't have one. But there is this nice bridge by my house...
Records or awards: Unlikely to ever have any.
Pet peeves: People who worry too much about what everyone else is up to, and not enough about themselves.
What is your favorite quote? Real BASE jumpers are rebels more than freedom fighters. The good ones seek neither publicity, permission, nor support. They are the last cowboys of aviation and when gone this sport will be just another pastime, like golf or bowling. ~ Nick di Giovanni.
What is your philosophy on life? When it comes down to it, all that really matters is the people--how you effect them, how they effect you, and how we each effect ourselves.
What is something most people don’t know about you? I've been collecting quotations for more than 10 years. I have almost 30 pages of them, and I once decorated my apartment exclusively with quotes.
Who has inspired you in BASE jumping? Dwain Weston, Yuri Kuznetsov
What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment? Spending all day finding an exit by carrying around a magazine article with a full page photo of Frank Gamballie exiting there. It turned out to be an incredibly challenging and intense jump. The only people who knew I was there were the climbers on the wall. Afterward, one of them asked me why I hadn't at least asked for a picture, and I responded "I'm not really in it for that."
Describe Tom Aiello in five words or less: A few years ago it would have been: "Everybody's got to die sometime." Now? How about "Not sure where this goes."
I BASE jump because… ...of the people.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

But did you get video

no need to i can do it any time i want,you want to see my shaved balls:ph34r::D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Records or awards: Unlikely to ever have any.

BASE Fellowship Award 2004? "But he doesn't like to talk about it mate" ;-) Not a dig Tom, just a bit of UK humour!
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

I've been collecting quotations for more than 10 years. I have almost 30 pages of them, and I once decorated my apartment exclusively with quotes.

That's a pretty small apartment you had back then Tom. :)

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

Pet peeves: laziness

I'm sorry Jenn, but I about fell out of my chair laughing at that one.

"Hello, kettle? This is pot...." :D

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Ted “Zennie” Biggs
Height and weight: 5'8", 175 lbs
Birthplace: Wabash, IN
Marital status: divorced from a no-good-evil-bit... er... single
Hobbies: I have a 7th Degree Black Belt in Procrastination
Harness and container: Vertigo Warlock (2)
Parachute: Ace 220, Rock Dragon 266
Home dropzone: Everywhere
Records or awards: Nope
Pet peeves: People who let fear control their lives.
What is your favorite quote? "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson... or Desiderata, take your pick.
What is your philosophy on life? Life's too short to be living by someone else's standards.
What is something most people don’t know about you? I can't do that funky curly thing with my tongue.
Who has inspired you in BASE jumping? My mentor, 460. Tom Aiello. Dwain Weston. Jeb Corliss. Everyone, really.
What is your most memorable BASE jumping moment? So many memorable moments... probably my solo B jump which qualified me for BASE.
Describe Ted Biggs in five words or less: Always learning.
I BASE jump because… it gives me a feeling of freedom from boundaries. And the people are some of the wackiest, most wonderful folks I've ever come across.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon