subterminal

Switzerland

Does anyone know what the conditions in the Valley are like this time of the year? I had a quick look on the Swiss BASE homepage, but the information didn't seem to be fully updated. Is it optimistic to expect access to the exit-points in November?

CJ

what would stop you or get in the way ??
snowwise should be OK in november.
Weather might be bad, but it's weather, like everywhere else...

for weekly weather forecast go to www.meteosuisse.ch
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

November is not the best month to go, weather wise. Very unpredictable: it could be OK, lots of rain or even snow.

I went twice to attempt the climb during the winter of 1992. First time was a disaster. The second time the weather co-operated and we made it to the top. I was not BASE jumping back then, stupid me!
Memento Audere Semper

In my opinion it's even better then spring and summer. Now all the grass is short and it's not to hot for hiking. You need some luck with the wetter, but you'll also need it in summer. I've been there with cristmas, perfect conditions. Not too busy also..

Ferry

I was on La Mousse on Sat., 16th October and there was snow already (not that much that I had to shit my pants). On Sunday the snow was almost gone. We had a few warm days but it shall get colder from now on (I live 2 hours away from Lauterbrunnen). So I stopped it for this year.

That's why I type with one hand.. ;)

Ps If they weren't that big I would have brougt you one as a present. Isn't that what you've always wanted..?!!

Ferry

We just changed the robes to LaMousse and Yellow, so access should be safe. Waterfall should be OK as well, but the Nose could be challenging.
jerome

We jumped waterfall and the nose last year end of november, about 30-40 cm of snow. Just put your rig on close to a possible slide and fall point.
If you don't like that conditions, don't do it and go back :S

Ronald Overdijk