base570

Continuum II.... Your thoughts

Just wondering what everyone thought of the new Continuum II flik.

I really liked the interviews with Hank, the Pick and Jimmy. It added a nice personal touch. It also had some nice jumps from all over the world with a fitting soundtrack. It had some funny stuff and many crash and burn jumps, however, I thought it lacked some things. Some of the jump sequences ran too long and you couldn't really tell one jump from the other after a while. Also some of the carnage footage is not new and has been passed around and seen by many. The beginning is a bit slow but the action picks up near the end.
Overall it was good and worth watching again. You could tell everyone involved put a lot of hard work into every detail of this film.

Jason

PS-I really liked the opening packing sequence. Nice job!

I don't know about everyone else that saw the premier at the Gorge, but I think it rocked... loved every minute of it!

I thought the video really related with how fun, dramatic, and liberating our sport is - but at the same time how dangerous and punishing it is.

Hank's prison photo was awesome too, how did you guys get that shit?

Yeah, Hank was totally the stud in that movie! He wasn't as funny as Jimmy, but what a hunk!!!!!!I'm gettin 5 copies and 3 T-shirts.
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

Yes, yes, yes! That Hank is a hunk;)

Continuum II is the first base jump movie I've seen. I enjoyed it very much. I enjoyed seeing all the different jump locations, the interviews, and the music. Kenyo and Chris did an outstanding job.

Sum1sneaky said it well, the movie showed how dramatic and fun the sport can be, but it also showed how dangerous it can be. Something newbies need to think about before doing a BASE jump.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Just bought it this weekend at B-day and watched it and Continuum as soon as I unloaded at home. Both great flicks. I liked the soundtracks and of course the footage was great too.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

I just got it yesterday and I have seen it twice so far, I planned my base jump for this winter but i don't think it will be posible, earlier next year wiil be.

Question.On the video C2 did you guys used "Slick" transitions to edit part of the video?.... looks very good, very professional. Please come up with C3 soon.

Carlos
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

could you be a bit more specific what you mean about "slick" transitions? I'm not familiar with that term...

Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the note!
cheers,
pope

i only saw the teaser for it so far,and as im usaly mean that teasers are of the coolest parts of the video im not impressed:|

But it sounds like the video is better?

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

could you be a bit more specific what you mean about "slick" transitions?

I thought the whole thing was pretty slick, actually.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Sorry is just a software a plug in for Macs in this case I movie effects like picture in picture and other transitions from the video seemed to me were edited with this.

http://www.geethree.com/products/index.html

Is not a bad thing looks great, what used to take me a couple hrs with Final Cut now I do with this on I movie and then export/import to what ever.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

Sorry is just a software a plug in for Macs in this case I movie effects like picture in picture and other transitions from the video seemed to me were edited with this.

http://www.geethree.com/products/index.html

Is not a bad thing looks great, what used to take me a couple hrs with Final Cut now I do with this on I movie and then export/import to what ever.

no worries- I'm just curious what part you are talking about--can you describe it (the transition)? At what point in the movie does it happen?
pope

I just got C and C2 on DVD two days ago. I've watched C twice and C2 once. They are both incredible videos and it was cool to see several of the people I met at the 1st M.O.A.B. in action.

I voted "Something Missing" just because there was alot of repeat footage in C2 and some of the transitions broke the flow of the video, esp. the blackScreen/silence...video...blackScreen/silence...video.

The tree landing mal was quite intense and the "I landed in a tree but I'm fine" phone call was great! The soundtrack for both is awesome. I can't wait to get home so I can watch them again...

I just got C1 & 2 and liked them both. On first viewing I thought C2 was better, more varied footage.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

I thought both were great, although C2 was more varied and the editing was more professional.

Looking at them both as a non-jumper, it was cool to see some 'tips' in the rigging area,
and some of the consequences arising from low pulls, off headings & linetwists etc.

Some funny moments too, particularly the premature cable-car exit, the phone call in a tree, Hank's "best pack-job ever"
and although it probably wasn't supposed to be funny... the leg-breaking landing in Norway (who was that ?). :D

Well worth the money and plenty to learn. :)

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

Just gotta resurrect this thread after my first look at C2. Wow! Now this is a real BASE "movie". Not the typical thrown together video grabs you usually see, and definitely full of the hard core action all of us want to see. The boys at Triax (that name reminds me of cereal for some reason) really put together a solid video I truly enjoyed.
That tracking suit guy had some serious forward velocity, I thought it was a wingsuit! Who was that guy?

Thanks for the props on the movie!

There were 3 jumpers in tracking suits in C2--all of their own design.

If it was a bright orange/red suit, it was either PerFlare or Martin.
If he was wearing Black and Red, it was Rob K (one of the naturally best trackers on the planet IMHO--with or without a suit)

All of those guys are top notch at what they do and totally helping to push the limits of subterminal body-flight...it was so cool getting a chance to film--and jump with them!

Glad you enjoyed it!
pope

That video was so good that I would like to invite Triax to come out to MOAB and make another great video!!

Hint: BASE & SWOOPING combined!

What do ya say?

-
Clint MacBeth
Skydive Moab 435 259 JUMP
M.O.A.B. Mother Of All Boogies Sept 19 - 23, 2012

That video was so good that I would like to invite Triax to come out to MOAB and make another great video!!

Hint: BASE & SWOOPING combined!

What do ya say?

-

ummmmmm...yes?

Continuum II -
Speaking from strictly an artist's standpoint, I thought that Salo and Damien were dead sexy! Probably could have done with less of that Pope guy though.;) Does anyone know who this guy is anyway? Like anyone's going to believe that he didn't hire a double for most of these jumps. C'mon Pope (if that's even your real name) who are you trying to kid.
Much love bro, give me a call, haven't heard from you in a while
AAron
Aaron
“God Damn Mountain Dew MotherFuckers!”

so you can blame the offheadings on the double...? lol JK
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Naw-
Having jumped Pope's pack job, and having watched him open his own pack job - I'd have to rack those up to ambient air tempature...
But then again - who am I to judge.
Nothing but love dude

aaron
“God Damn Mountain Dew MotherFuckers!”

nothing but love
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Naw-
Having jumped Pope's pack job, and having watched him open his own pack job - I'd have to rack those up to ambient air tempature...
But then again - who am I to judge.
Nothing but love dude

aaron

I heard he uses an ordinary household iron set on "low"

Gardner