SkymonkeyONE

CNN Headline news

I would like to Congradulate Wired Beef to the Fall line up. I think all of us Sonic Beefers should pool some money and buy this Wired some new pants.

For the whole Blitzkrieg bashing thing, since everyone is looking for the weakest link here he isnt it. He went out to jump just like everyone else with no intention to burn it. He is so serious about BASE jumping that he is the one that brought the LSD and four gallons of baby oil to the raging German Beer kegger we had just before the jump to get ready.

Tee----------Hee

what about calling him "HUNG" beef?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I don't know what you think you are rebelling against, but your high school attitude won't get you far in BASE. WHy thumb your nose at the entire base community? While you may not be begging people to jump with you, should you decide to ever leave the warm, cozy comfort of your local area, you may want to meet other jumpers.

Blazing is bad. Period. Shit does happen, but it is funny how predicably it happend here. First jump off a tower? Very bad idea. Why make things difficult for others to jump? Is that cool where you come from? Your actions can and will affect other jumpers. You can make things easier, or harder, or leave things as you found them. Which would you like done for you? I can think of many situations that resulted in objects either becoming unjumpable, or so difficult, it takes the fun out of it. Why not just be low key and cool, and be part of the solution? If you are ticking off your peers it just could be you, and not them.

what are you gonna do, arrest me?

I believe JV said almost the exact same words after burning a site. And we all know what happened next.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I'm convinced that if he didn't have the lines his rotation wouldn't have been fast enough on the gainer

Not to mention he probably wouldn't have made it all the way to the top with all that alcohol in him.;)

I'm glad everything so far has worked out for the best...considering the situation.

In a serious nutshell, BASE jumping is dangerous and jumping guyed antennas poses additional risks if you fail to avoid guyed wires. Additional risks include shitting yourself, partial to full canopy collapse, and severe body damage if your body, not the canopy, impacts the wire. It was merely a bad spatial awareness of the situation. Due to the current legal situation that is all the information that can be known. In the end if you don't want to entangle a wire, check the sticky topic in the forum, or DON'T JUMP GUYED ANTENNAS.

PS If you couldn't tell the whole situation outlined was highly dramatized, and is hardly factual at all.

Well Justin I would have expected a little more from you but I guess all that time in California changed you somehow:S. So you were there to supervise in case something happened?? Hell my grandma could have done the same supervising job you did.
Why not take the wires out of play??? Why jump a guyed antenna on your first jump in the first place??>:( THINK MAN!!
The main issue here is safety, I dont care the site got burned I'm just glad everyone is uninjured and alive. It would be a much worse headline if it had the word 'death' or 'died' in it. Please think a little before you attempt this again.

ps-I agree that it sure would have been some funny shit to see.:P:P

Yes, congrats to Wired Beef. You'll at least have some entertaining stories to tell around the campfire this winter. As for pooling money to buy him new pants, I wasn't aware that tights were cost prohibitive purchase items. Heck, I'll just have Cora go pick up some of those panties-in-an-egg deal for him and call it good. Lime green okay? :P

Bashing others is not the issue at hand. As many here have already mentioned, it's relieving to know that nobody got hurt. It's where this all goes from here that counts. Posting in an online forum is not the same as acting on those printed words. If you get the same impressions about someone after meeting them and discussing your concerns logically and reasonably, then silently distancing yourself from what you perceive to be a bad attitude would seem to be a better course than setting yourself up to exhibit a similar bad attitude...said the guy who was previously reprimanded for his perceived bashing in another BASE thread. :P

Maybe some examples of talking points and issues to address at a meeting might be in order here. Suggestions?
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Kevin I agree. Some people get on here just to see how many people's feathers they can ruffle up or to see how many responces they get to a subject.But in person they are really good people. We all shouldn't base our oppinions on what people post or their attitudes in a forum but how they are in person.
SONIC BEEF #1 BASE 708, NC BASE 3
SLI,IADI,AFFI.TIE.FAA Rigger, Single & Multi Commercial Pilot,CFI, CFII, MEI

it's not that i don't care about "peoples places", my whole point is no BASE jumper owns these objects

your completly right,BUT if you want to Jump the same object another day then you´ll need to take care of that object:if other people dont give a shit about your favorite object i guess you would fight to keep it jumpbel in the future...

i wasn't ever begging anyone here to take me jumping.

perhaps you should...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Beware, or I shall taunt you some more!
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

We all shouldn't base our oppinions on what people post or their attitudes in a forum but how they are in person.

well it should be the same unless people lies on the Forum;)(talking doubble personality...huh)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH BLAZING ANY SITE.

Just to add that i did not respond becours i did becourse i thourght you were Blazing the Antenna,i just didnt liked your attitude about objects...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH BLAZING ANY SITE.
love,
Elliot

If you yell at me like that 5 more times, I'm going to ask you to quit...if that's okay.

I don't love you,
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

*BUMP*

Due to allegations that I tend to be overly verbose here (actual term was "verbal diarrhea"), here are some relatively short bullets for your perusal:

- Had local BASE meeting

- Everyone had a say

- Everyone seemed to be on the same page

- Parameters were set for current (new) BASE jumpers, so that when we deviate and are ostracized, we will know why

- Safety and common sense (as much as BASE jumpers can have) were key issues, as well as following your mentor's advice to the letter and seeking advice from other mentors if you find fault in your current mentor's wisdom

I'll leave it at that for now. Questions about the meeting can be addressed here or in PMs, at everyone's leisure.

Hopefully my verbal stool hardener worked this time. :P

Bryan John Klindworth, 25, of Apex, illegally jumped from a 1,500-foot radio tower in Rennert, catching his parachute on a guide wire from the radio tower and dangling for eight hours before rescuers got him down.

Holy crap! I stay out of this forum for a few weeks and I go and miss hearing about this!! :o
I'm sooooooooo glad you're ok Bryan!!!

Justin! You're supposed to mention things like this!!!! >:(:P
Pink Mafia Sis #26

I was out of town this last weekend so I couldn't come to this meeting. I am very interested to know what was said, as it will probably effect me, since we share some of the same objects. I'll be at bridge day if anyone wants to discuss it.

Thanks
Mike

May we live long and die out

I agree with Mike, MOST of the experienced Carolina jumpers I know, were out in Colorado or elsewhere jumping last weekend. And I'm talking about the guys who have the MOST jumps off the MOST objects, and are responsible for OPENING almost ALL of the objects that are now regularly jumped in BOTH states.
That said, I feel it would be in EVERYONE's best interest to consult these guys, 2 of them are regular posters here, and could offer valuable insight on how to go about bandit jumping OUR (ie everyone's)objects.
And if you don't know who the most experienced jumpers are, or who to talk to, please PM me and I can get you in touch, as I regularly jump with a couple of them.
Hopefully we can all get along, maybe put together a big way off the bridge and all land in the trees together :P

Later
Blair

I won't be at Bridge Day, but most of our DZ's BASE jumpers will be there. I'm sure there will be at least SOME time to get together and discuss what went on at our meeting, as well as any other concerns from those who weren't able to attend.

If anyone is interested, I have a bit more detailed account of what we discussed, but I'll leave out names if I haven't met you personally. I can either post it here or send it in PMs. Let me know what the preferred method is and I'll do my best to comply.

I'll be manning the manifest office at our DZ during Bridge Day, so anyone not heading off to WV is more than welcome to stop by and keep me company. B|

I'll be at bridge day if anyone wants to discuss it.

Thanks
Mike

I've got a cabin just on the far end of the bridge from the hotel, and will be glad to host the meeting there if we want to set a day/time...

Ganja

I recommend you guys try to include TM. He's probably America's most experienced BASE jumper, and it sounded to me like he's got some fairly legitimate gripes about a tower that's right next to a place he calls home for several weeks a year.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I've got a cabin just on the far end of the bridge from the hotel, and will be glad to host the meeting there if we want to set a day/time...

Ganja

The wife/girlfriends will love that...
or do you have the whole thing to yourself now?:P

I recommend you guys try to include TM. He's probably America's most experienced BASE jumper, and it sounded to me like he's got some fairly legitimate gripes about a tower that's right next to a place he calls home for several weeks a year.

I Agree. When I spoke with TM this past weekend he wasn't too happy about the day jumps that were going on at that freestander that he has been jumping without any hassles for YEARS. I'll introduce all of you to him at BD. He is a very likable guy with tons of knowledge and information plus over 1000 BASE jumps so he just might have some good points that have not been discussed.

See you at BD,
Jason

Saw this comming with this kid. Glad he is ok. And sure hopes he never attemps another one.

Live true my friend
and life will be true to you............

Your old pal,
Pauly:)