towerrat

Why so damn expensive?

you know after a few post i hooked up into myself and started to read from the begining.

Ok, I've been looking into a few deals here and there to make my first jump. I really won't know if it's my thing or not until I make a jump or three.
So why does it cost $1200 to make 1 stinkin' jump.
Like I said, I may or may not want to continue, I really don't know until I check it out. It just seems like a lot of dough to throw away if it's not for me.
I just need a mentor, but it seems everyone is out to make a bunch of money.....maybe it's just me.

perhaps he would have got better respond if he didnt wrote that way from the start.

if you are going plan to berrate me for thinking we should be more respedctful of people don't bother, I won't be coming back here to argue with anyone.

we all have our opinions and all make our choices.
I respect you for your choices. As long you respect mine aswell:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

hands and feet punching and kicking the air, tears streaming down your face.....I wanna jump, I don't wan't to pay, and nobody will take me out....MOM, MAKE THEM PLAY WITH ME!

I think I can now see where I've been going wrong on all my dates... :$

Back on topic : like Mac, I had to pay about $1 000 just to get to TF for a FJC. Couldn't afford car-hire so was walking from Motel 6 (eating breakfast at the Shilo. B|). One year later I'm still in debt but am ordering a second BASE rig anyway. I think the only time you are really going to get sympathy from BASE jumpers regarding money is when it concerns medical bills.

Tell you what, pay the money for the FJC and if you truthfully feel afterwards that it wasn't worth it (even if you do just one jump) then I will refund you the full amount. All I'll require from you is video taken just after you have landed saying that what you just did was not worth $1 200. **

Will

** You would be tied for fifth in my list of creditors so I'd probably have to write you into my will. ;)

Umm, he dissed us first with his "stinkin´" remark IMHO.
I think as an individual one needs to be a little more respectful of the community when coming here to asking legitimate questions. Check your baggage at the door.
take care,
space

I think as a community we need to begin to be a little more respectful of people coming here and asking legitimate questions.

OK, I'll try this one more time.

You asked: Why so damn expensive?

Answer: To keep whiny bitches who don't really want to do it from getting into "the club".

Now you know. Pay or play, it's your call. :P

Tell you what, pay the money for the FJC and if you truthfully feel afterwards that it wasn't worth it (even if you do just one jump) then I will refund you the full amount. All I'll require from you is video taken just after you have landed saying that what you just did was not worth $1 200. **

could you do the same for me:) i mean... i could use the trip and really need to learn how to pack:ph34r::D

if it helps ill bring your gear home for free then:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Quite interesting question. As U probably know we have a lot of local jumpers in Norway. There is some kind of schooling in Kjerrag, but thats all. I do not know one norwegian jumper that has taken part in any kind of a organised base-course. As far as I`m concerned we just have a small "community" helping each other in the right direction....

But I guess it is special to be norwegian, we have a LOT of high mountains and probably the best sky-divers (possible recruts) in the world commpared to the inhabitants.

Is there any scientific figures/statistics that shows that the courses are helpful ?

Concerning the attitude of this thread, I`m NOT taking any part, just telling my experience and asking a question.

Have a good one....

”Verden har mange mangler, der mangelen på nytenkning er den største”
Mikael Gorbatsjov

You should ask The SBK! At least one of them who is a powerful member took a course. As for Statisics, there is nothing to compare it to as it was basically a first of it´s kind thingy. As for statistics, it is very difficult to determine the ratio of say Sabre/Stilletto jumpers that were convinced to jump BASE gear, probaly saving there lives, compared to those who did every thing right and still died because one only hears of the ones who died and not the ones who lived. Not all need instruction. But Death is a sure way to figure it out is it not?
take care,
space

I do not know one norwegian jumper that has taken part in any kind of a organised base-course.
Is there any scientific figures/statistics that shows that the courses are helpful ?

Ok, I was wrong, there is at least ONE norwegian jumper that has completed a course. Sorry for missleading the readers......

Nevertheless its quite obivious, those who are holding the courses will of course, justify the costs. Everybody who has done anything with sales/marketing know the mechanisms of pricing in highly specialiced markeds.

I also guess most of us intend to justify our choices (taking a FJC), at least official.

Nobody knew less than he who thought......

Have a good one...

”Verden har mange mangler, der mangelen på nytenkning er den største”
Mikael Gorbatsjov

i agree... yes there are those that need to be talked to harshly, but I remember someone saying we are all ambasadors of this sport, newbie or old fart...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

This is my point. I don't necesarily know if I want to make five or ten jumps. I may, and if so, that's great.

If you don't know, then you don't want to jump. Easily solved.