portillo

PRESSURIZED pantz&jacket

i thought someone had claimed that those were phoenix fly setup?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Those look like the pants worn for the 34 sec delay in Italy. 550 Euros for the complete package is $673 US. Ouch!
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Hello skipro101, maybe you're right and there're some austrenglish parts in it, sorry for that!
please let me know where to find a real good grammar editor and I'll check again.
(hope I made no mistake here) ;)
andreas

www.pressurized.at

Nice site. And they seem to work well per the video. That just looks like a weird body position. The PF suit seems to allow for a more "natural" track, and you aren't spilling air anywhere. It'd be nice to try the Pressurized suit, but for that price, I may as well buy a Classic and get better performance. Or hell, just use my S3 and save a few bucks and get way better performance.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Cut & Paste from www.phoenix-fly.com:

Phoenix Fly Pants are designed to be worn over your harness leg straps, thus creating an even larger and smoother surface.

Hi Robert, first of all i'm thinking from a skydiving angle (wrong forum i know)
but do the Phoenix pants have to be worn over the harness ?

And do you have any comparisons when worn under the harness ? or does this drastically affect the performance ?

Thanks. :)

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

do the Phoenix pants have to be worn over the harness ?

I think that by wearing them under your harness it will cut off or cover the vents on the hips and in the crotch. Which will dramatically reduce the flow of air into the pants.
Base # 942
The race is long and in the end, its only with yourself.

do the Phoenix pants have to be worn over the harness ?

I think that by wearing them under your harness it will cut off or cover the vents on the hips and in the crotch. Which will dramatically reduce the flow of air into the pants.

If they're at all like the BirdMan Pantz, the effect isn't that dramatic. The vents don't get covered, but inflation in the ass area is somewhat restricted (unless your leg straps are a tad loose).

Besides, what's so bad about wearing leg straps under your pants on a skydive? I wear them under my wingsuit all the time.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

hello,

The Phoenix tracking pants are designed to be used so that leg strap goes under them.
However, They can be worn with leg straps outside, like most of the freefly pants.
Performance with the leg straps outside is not that great as it is when is properly set, but the pants WILL inflate with the air and will have the power to push you in direction you wanna go. The inlets are long and allow enough space for air to come in to them.
One of the top class BASE jumper who is using the PF pants with leg straps outside is Jeb Corliss and he has no problems w that at all.
regards Robert
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

It'd be nice to try the Pressurized suit, but for that price, I may as well buy a Classic and get better performance. Or hell, just use my S3 and save a few bucks and get way better performance.

Disclaimer: I am not a BASE jumper and have never jumped a wingsuit.

I think the jackets and pants from Pressurized or Phoenix-fly are a great concept, giving you performance like a wingsuit while leaving arms and legs free to handle any problems like on a 'normal' skydive.

I'd love to skydive with one of those pants & jacket combo's.
Rainman

i think we are bond to see some awesome videos in the near future
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

thanks!
of course you can't compare the performance of the latest wingsuits with our brand-new tracking suit, even when we already track further than early wingsuits!B|

Our target was to achieve greatest efficiency without the use of wings and all benefits in safety. (pulling/ emergency procedure)

The technology of PRESSURIZED tracking-gear is based on the theory of lifting bodies: specially shaped bodies are able to generate lift in the same way as airfoils do. (in fact, airplanes have been built without wings- lifted by fuselage only!) And this is what made the enormous increase in performance of our gear possible!

Our pants do not just inflate to get more surface- they also develop best aerodynamic properties resulting in smooth and stable flight characteristics!Same with the jacket. Spoilers help to develop the lifting body-effect and reduce the interference-drag between your rig and your back!

By the way, demo pants/jacket will come soon...

regards
andreas

www.pressurized.at

I think I'll be going with Phoenix Fly, personally.

I made 3 demo Phoenix-Fly tracking suit jumps while I was in Eloy during this year's Holiday Boogie. The Phoenix-Fly suit is really fun to fly and you can get near classic wingsuit like performance from it without the hassles of dealing with the suit post opening. I'll be ordering a Phoenix-Fly tracking suit very very soon. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over