Spy38W

Canopy Coloring...

I remember reading an article a few months ago about suggestions for a color scheme for canopies, while packing a skydiving reserve today, I noticed a color pattern that seemed pretty easy to keep track of, so I adopted it, and modified it (off color center rib) for an initial idea for my BJ. Any tips are appreciated.

Edit: Colors are Royal Blue, Yellow, White

--
Hook high, flare on time

There's no need to off color the center rib - you hardly see it at all during a packjob. With a name like "spy", I'm suprised you're not going with something more like the attached:

on a related note, i'm looking at canopy colors that are a good color combination for daylight but useful for stealthly jumps at night...

how visible is the 'blackberry' color (most manufacturers) under moonlight??

heey you nearly copycatted my new FLIK(its onder production right now)

grey stabilizors,grey end cell walls(out to the stabilizors,grey center cell the rest is black,inkluding black lines and multi:P

sadly i dong know were to find the program to make the diagram you have there[:/]

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

how visible is the 'blackberry' color (most manufacturers) under moonlight??

It's pretty much black in moonlight. My first canopy was a blackberry/grey canopy with black lines (I still have it), and it's _very_ stealthy.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

How could I have copied you if I've had mine for weeks?

www.vertigobase.com

Please keep me posted though about your openings - I'm wondering if you have harder openings on a mostly black canopy. Mine have been a bit snappier than on my mostly blue one.

i ordered mine 22/6-04;)i had picked the coullor long time ago and its a Faber coullor,you may ask me to either use black or grey in any canopyes in the future:D:P:ph34r:(please read the sarcasm,which i also meant in the above;))

how do i copy the pic as i made the collur choice?right click didnt do it[:/]

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I think if you want to get a REAL stealth attitude you´ll need serval different coullored canopyes.

example,in dark(no moon up but you can still see abit)my guess is that the black canopy will be most stealth,but in full moon all light up you will pretty much be easy to see.

guess the ultimate stealthy would be an grey canopy whith black lines,slider and so on..

am i wrong?

why do i then want a black canopy?hmm i think its still stealthy at some point,to me its just the coullor my BASE gear should wear(black and grey)...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Of course nobody will hear it opening at all....;)

your canopy makes noise?.. hmm mine never do...;):D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I have a black/olive green FOX (UGT) and a multi coloured FOX, can't say I've noticed any difference, tbh the harder the better :)

they sure does;)

i have only flewn 2 canopyes(red unvented and a black vented)im sure the black one only opens faster becours its black:D:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber