Perrinegrl

Perrine Burning Continues

Edit to add: During out talk, JT told me that he was leaving town, and likely wouldn't be back this season.

Don't tell me.... he's driving a doubledecker bus full of pensioners off the .

If i didn't know any better, i would have thought all these Perrine post were a wind-up. :S

"Taxi for Baumgartner..."

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

Amen to that - however, this wasn't a fuck up - this was a blatent (more than once I might add) disregard for one of the few rules setup at the potato bridge.

"It is my opinion that we need to self-regulate amongst ourselves as much as we possibly can and keep law enforcement out of it unless it is absolutely necessary."

On that note, how do you self-regulate someone who obviously has total disregard for a basic rule and continues to break it? You can only self regulate so far, whats to stop the guy from breaking the rules time and time again?? Public ridicule goes a far way, especially in todays internet age.

PS - I'm pretty sure I know what fuck up you are talking about and the bottomline is it should have been prevented hands down. Not that I have a PRO rating or anything, but I wouldn't have gone close to that event under canopy with those winds and I'd imagine if you ask 100 jumpers out there, 99 of the would agree. I've said no to a good dozen demos because of squirly winds. Different subject altogether - but, when it comes down to it, it sorta ties into what is happening in TF. Rules are there for a reason and to break them while knowing them is simply disrespect to EVERYONE who has worked so hard to get the location where it is today.

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

i bet after you spend the day out there jumping with him you'll find out that he does not have an FU attitude but he is one of the funnest people to jump with ......go jump have fun quit your bitchen

until he shows some good maners im not gonna jump whith a guy like him.. im not here to destroy the BASE comunity,if i can i will make it stronger.. and i cant do it by burning objects,giving ammo to the wrong people bla bla.. but yes i would like to jump whith JT the day he shows me that he can do better than he just did...but until then i feel no needs to jump whith a guy like that.sorry.Nothing about JT´s preformance which i think is great,its just the wrong place to show it...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

With all due respect have you met JT or any other other guilty people? Do you really know what sort of character he/they are? To my knowledge I haven't met JT (though his character has been described to me by someone on these boards who I know and respect who knows JT and JT's character was descibed as no different than someone who just needs to grow up a little and believe me I know plenty of people who also fall into that category). Nor have I met Jimmy H (someone I would like to meet one day). But I have met Miles at the bottom of the LZ and if I'm not mistaken he was one of the original people who was accused of jumping from the rail and I can tell you that Miles was very friendly and curtious to me. Heck I've even met Tom and I'd be willing to bet that he couldn't even pick me out of a line up without the help of others on this board. So unless you really know that JT has a "fuck all of you attitude", then you are only being a critic to judge someone who you don't know.

In my mind JT did fuck up ... again ... and yes leaving Twin Falls seems like a self preservation attitude. But to tell you the truth can you blame the guy for not wanting to be T&F? I can only hope that he has learned some lessons from his antics and life is nothing but an opportunity to learn from our mistakes.

Once again I feel that the time to flame people has come and gone and it is now time for everyone who jumps at the Perrine to remember what a great gift we have been given and to do our best to be good ambassadors to the sport while we are there.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

All I have to go on is actions unfortunately. I have not met the said jumpers. I do however no 20+ jumpers that use that bridge rather regularly and wouldn't want to see it dissappear. If the cops continue to get hasseld, it will eventually happen.

Character means nothing to me when actions prevail that character. I know you personally - I know your character and I think is a great one - BUT, lets say you were to get that bridge burned. As much as I respect you and admire the progress you've made in such a short period of time, I'd let that action speak louder than your character.

Again - about actions and character "So unless you really know that JT has a "fuck all of you attitude", then you are only being a critic to judge someone who you don't know." My only point was this wasn't the first time there was a blatent disregard for the rules.

I am not here to be a critic on someone's character when they aren't in freefall - the only thing that matters it the perception the potato town's people and cops have of the people jumping off of the bridge.

I don't want to start any kind of flame war, I want to see my friends happy when they come back from the bridge and not have that ruined by one person who has proven they don't care enough about the rules to follow them on more than one occasion. That and I'm bored at work hah!

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

I met JT at the potato not long ago. He's an alright guy, friendly even. Yeah, he did some things he shouldn't have, and I am sure he knows he pissed a lot of people off. Personally, though, I think it's crap that he's being chased out of town by this angry mob. Anyone ever think of talking to the guy besides Tom? I hate this mob mentality that everybody thinks is going to scare someone into submission. Don't get me wrong, I didn't appreciate his actions, but he'll get his in the end. We have no more right to judge than the people who deem us criminals. Try being a voice of reason rather than a high school bully. I know I would respond a hell of a lot better to someone talking to me about a situation rather than threatening me. Devils advocate I guess. oh yes, and let the flames begin.

Don't tell me.... he's driving a doubledecker bus full of pensioners...

Well, he did say he was heading to Norway. Y'all have fun over there, ya' hear?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

actions like this hurt everyone, i have no idea what should be done in situations like this but we should all remember one thing. it's a golden rule.

Leave things in life just a little bit better than how you found them. including the communities that you belong to.

~chachi

Why do you feel the need to defend him? Who said he was chased out of town? If he has the character that his defenders are claiming, it doesn't seem like he would be so easily run out of town. Is it possible he came to town, pissed on a bridge, and now is kicking grass on it? Nobody is saying he isn't a nice guy, he just doesn't get it. People are discussing here how to give it to him in a way that he will understand. He was spoken to, and his actions reflect a finger in the air attitude. I don't know the guy, not do I care about how he is judged or treated by INTERNET characters, but his actions can potentially ruin a fun activity for hundreds (maybe thousands) of people that are willing to play by the rules.
...FUN FOR ALL!

I am not defending JT or his actions.

OOps, I guess I took it the wrong way. You were playing the devils advocate, and I am playing the devil's ....( Webster, help me out here) challenger. Either way, this thread is far too exciting to let you rain on the parade. I say T/F any fucker that is causing problemsw, throw em off the bridge with his bridle wrapped around his feet, with a .....how bout an Air Chair (seems suitable), then have what's his name film it from the rail. Then when he lands in Mr. Johnson's boat, he can get a ride back to the top and have the Sherrif Death Camp with the local tanning constituants. We'll put it on Real TV, and when we are old and grey doing bandits off of the P-span we can watch Vids of when it was legal and free like The Captain once was. :P

PS: I need a mentor:D
...FUN FOR ALL!

Tree --

Congrats on the new kid -- that's awesome! I hope he'll be BASEing and Swooping within a few years. :)
Your question of "What can we do?" is an excellent question.

In my opinion, we should all talk to him one-on-one. In person is better, but phone or email may work too. It can certainly be pointed out that this has already happenned (from the standing on the rail incident/water skis) and then he went on to pull a stupid stunt (the surfboard)...but I think that talking to him may still have a positive effect.

I have never met JT, and it's awfully hard to judge someone who you have never met. From what I've been exposed to here on the internet, I'd say that perhaps he is someone who doesn't have an appreciation for the Perrine's legal status. He may also be someone who is "caught-up" in the whole mentality of "Hey, I am sponsered (or want to be sponsored) and gotta look cool for my sponsors, so I want to pull off some tricks". Now add the fact that he didn't enter the sport through the normal channels (no skydives when a friend hucked him off the bridge) so therefore he probably doesn't have the same appreciation that we all have...

But even with all of this, I do not know JT, so is all of this true? Maybe, maybe not. But if I have an opportunity to meet him, then any judgements I form may be more substantiated.

By all means, hucking your meat from the rail, jumping with water-skis when asked not too, and jumping with a surfboard not even remotely secured to your body is just plain wrong. I don't support any of this, but my plan is to talk to him rationally and explain why. It may or may not have any effect, but I think it's the next step to take. (if he goes to Norway before I see him, I'll still talk to him next time he is in town or via email if I have to)

Everyone's frustration over his actions are well-founded. Everyone here wants to see the Perrine remain open for BASE jumping, me included. I think one-on-one communication may still work. If not, then you're right -- something else should be done -- but I'm not sure I have the perfect answer.

Bryan

Never met JT, never jumped with JT...don't care to meet JT, don't care to jump with JT. Actions speak louder than words, so he's not sweet-talking his way out of this one.

And I haven't read any scare tactics on here. A scare tactic would be to T&F. THEN HE WOULD BE SCARED. I have seen no posts directed towards JT, only possible options. Besides, does he even know how to use a computer? Can he even read?? I know that he can't hear, because I know of at least two other people besides the one mentioned that have talked to him.

When he gets back from Norway, we'll see how he acts. If he doesn't behave, then T&F. My opinion.

In my mind JT did fuck up ... again ... and yes leaving Twin Falls seems like a self preservation attitude. But to tell you the truth can you blame the guy for not wanting to be T&F? I can only hope that he has learned some lessons from his antics and life is nothing but an opportunity to learn from our mistakes.

so does that mean that i can go to the S,be disrespectful to it and thouse who jumps it and then just carry on becours i can do some kick ass stuff(well i cant get off whith it as im not a kick ass person,and im not doing arials)???

If thats the way your jumping then feel free not to visit me.I dont have any legal sites around here,however after hard work i can now jump this A whith no harm aslong i follow the rules i made whith the farmers and neighbours...You have any idea how much you need to put into it to keep it like that?How often do you drive to an object,knowing you cant jump but just to clean up the place as you know people use it as a trash can.. how often do you drive out visiting neighbours to keep them in the freindly way?I can tell you i use more time and mony on that than you can imagiene.

Should i have flowers for that?? no i dont think so but i do expect people jumping the site to follow thouse simple rules there are,and people feel the same way about that S.

Untill you care as much about an object then please dont be critic to thouse who really fight so that you and other can keep playing all over the world.

What JT and thouse guys should have done were playing by the rules they knew it.But even as they were pointed out that they werent allowed they still did the same...About the board thing..Try a radio,if a guy below tells its clear then it would never had been an issue(unless you cant jump wthith a board)..

I do agree that we cant keep blaming forever but as it seems they dont really get it,untill they do i guess the flames will stay...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I met JT for my first time this weekend. I was making my first base jump with Utah. He Seemed like a pretty cool guy and even gave me some complements, felt good from hearing it from sombody with his experience. But deffenetly we only have very few legal places to jump meening only 1 legal bridge. Nobody wants to see that get ruined. For a safty aspect there is no better place to learn, JT i have to say man, quit doing what your doing. Stick to the edicate and help protect what we have.

Here is video of the jump in question.

Two things to note that are the subject of discussion here.

1) The board was a "tow in" type board with straps to hold it to the feet (they turned out not to be strong enough to hold it through opening shock).

2) There is a boat waiting under the jumpers, which you can see through the rail as he climbs over. The boat comes up the river to pick him up after the jump.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Tom

I was under the impression there were other boats in the area. The only one in view is the one that picked him up.

I remember seeing a video of Jason Rooney(rip) jumping a surfboard with straps about, oh 10 or 11 years ago. His was off a building, in daylight, pca,. More entertaining then that board off a bridge. If these guys are sponsered, they really need to come up with something fresh and original. :P:P

May we live long and die out

There's another one behind it, if you look carefully at the end. And you can't really see under the bridge in the video. I've got no idea if there was anything on the water over that way or not.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I was under the impression there were other boats in the area. The only one in view is the one that picked him up.

so were i.If thouse boats behind the boat rushing towads him are thouse who were close,then i do belive he still made it as safe as posible.I dunno if you can jump whith boards off the S,but the vids looks like no one were near the boards as it impact the water,and he lands just besides the board to pick it up.As said you cant see under the S while he jumps,perhaps a guy on the ground could have used a walkie to make it clear that it were 100%safe,but its easy to say afterwards..

Unless The board is a not premitted jump off that S(and things are as i see them on the vid) you have my apoligies JT.I had the impress that people were just below and were about to get a board in the head,after what i can see it wasnt the case.Therefore my flames in this issue werent ok,and my apoligies for that.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber