Perrinegrl

Perrine Burning Continues

Hey everybody-

I hate to be the bearer of more bad news, but we have more burning happening at the Perrine.

On Sunday, July 25th, JT Holmes jumped with a buddies surfboard. He did a floater exit and upon the opening of the canopy he lost the board. This act is bad in itself, but to add to the danger, there were three boats coming up the river when this all happened. If JT had waited a few more seconds, one of the innocent by-standers could have been seriously injured.

I ask for your help in the fight to stop the burning.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Meghan

I'm on the East coast, so I really can't do much. You've made it clear how you feel about the rest of us jumpers. We will return the favor.

As much as I hate to say it, (and I REALLY HATE IT) I think the police should be called in on this. Throwing objects from the bridge is illegal, and I think JT really deserves to be charged and made an example of. In fact, I will make the call this afternoon and see exactly what we can have JT charged with. You were warned JT. You couldn't be a man and follow a couple simple rules. You just had to be the base bad ass, and now you will pay.

Hey Meghan, is there any video of this obvious infraction of the law agains throwing objects from the bridge? It can now be considered evidence.

Good Lord not again...

OK JT, let's hear your side of this.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

JT

Stop being a dumbass. That bridge is going away if people like you don't quit being so fucking arrogant. Come on man. I don't have the means to just find a new place to jump, nor do most of the folks that jump at the Perrine.

Oops that was a personal attack, I'll rephrase.

Actually, no I won't.

There's more but I'm at work.

Tim

Hi I'm JT - I think I'm the shit therefore I do as I please. Karma is going to be a bitch man. I simply cannot stand people with that type of attitude, "I'm accomplished therefore the rules don't apply to me". Quite frankly, I know people with a tenth of the number of base jumps that you have JT that are on an order of magnitude more respectful. Grow the fuk up and start taking responsibility for your actions.

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

...I know people with a tenth of the number of base jumps that you have JT that are on an order of magnitude more respectful.

How many jumps do you think JT has?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Good question - I'm assuming by watching some of their video and seeing some of the advanced aerials that all of the said jumpers have quite a bit of experience. I would never try half of that shit without at least a hundred under my belt. That's just me though, perhaps I like life.

You know what happens when you assume things.

As Tree noted, many of those aerials are easily recognizable to experienced BASE aerialists as (what was Dwain's phrase? ah, yes) "flailing BASE gainers" or derivatives thereof.

Very few Americans are really doing good, precise aerials (the man in black is a notable exception). You have to find Aussies for that.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Yah I hear that - my wife was an olympic caliber gymnast - I show her alot of these videos and all she does is shake her head at how close they come to really screwing things up...

I'll make sure to get it on film. :D

- Z

.......as much as I hate to say it, based on the content of this thread, I can't help myself....:

Talking of rules, both site naming and personal attacks are here. They are not in the rules.

As a caveat: I agree with everything said about this seemingly selfish behaviour, for totally selfish reasons; I want to jump this object one day. Please try and apply your motives for doing the (against the rules) things you do to all the other BASE jumpers out here....

Edited for purely poo grammer
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

And you are not a moderator.;)

There used to be a phone number several of you may be interested in.

It just might be the cell number that belongs to the subject of this thread.

And you are not a moderator.;)

Working on it bro, working on it. Slowly slowly catchy monkey ;)
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

And remember everyone...

Pay phones are your friend. :)

- Z

Yah - so are collect calls ;):ph34r:

For legal sites, would it be possible to establish some sort of local licensing to use the object, with the license fees going to local emergency crews? Anyone who does something stupid can have their site license revoked and not be eligible to jump there again.

Anyone who does something stupid can have their site license revoked and not be eligible to jump there again

Good idea in theory, but people like JT would then just bandit jump it.

- Z

Anyone who does something stupid can have their site license revoked and not be eligible to jump there again

Good idea in theory, but people like JT would then just bandit jump it.

Yeah, but then they'd be open to fines and gear confiscation just like from any other illegal site or like they would be if the site was burned for everyone. The idea would be to give the local fuzz an option over an all or nothing site ban.

I'm not saying the idea is perfect, I was just curious if it's been done or tried.

I'd really like to take my FJC at this site next spring and it would suck if it was closed down for legal jumping because of a few guys screwing off.

For legal sites, would it be possible to establish some sort of local licensing to use the object, with the license fees going to local emergency crews? Anyone who does something stupid can have their site license revoked and not be eligible to jump there again.

Yes. There has been some discussion of this with the state agency that regulates wilderness guides and outfitters. I, for one, hope it doesn't come to that.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

...site naming...

If you review the "before you post" guidelines above, you'll see that I specifically enumerated two examples of site names that would be allowed to stay. They are the bridge in Idaho and the cliff near Stavanger. I think I explained my reasoning there, but if it's not clear enough, start a separate thread and we'll discuss it.

Thanks!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Attention all:

This thread has plenty of personal attacks (I'm working on editing), and some threats of physical violence.

Let's please keep those off this forum.

Thanks!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Actually I don't think you're idea would work. Just as Americans cherish their freedom, BASE jumpers cherish the fact that there is no governing body. I trust BASE jumpers are capable of policing themselves and you are seeing some evidence of this right now. So far the tar and feathers haven't been used in these recent incidents, but don't be surprised if they do get broken out if the guilty people continue to thumb their noses at the people telling them to stop. Already one of the guilty parties (who jumped from the rail) at the Perrine has publicly stated that they know they did wrong and that they won't do it again (and time will tell as to whether or not they are honest with these statements). But forming a governing agency to oversee BASE jumping just isn't going to happen.

Let's be smart out there people. My future, your future and the future of those who have yet to huck themselves off this span in potato land depends on everyone living within the rules that the good people of Twin Falls Idaho have asked us to follow. If you want to break the rules, then do it from an already illegal site. Let's not jeopardize the gift that the good people of Twin Falls Idaho have given us.

Oh and if common sense doesn't convince the guilty people to stop their antics, then we need to sick Britney and Meghan on them. You've got to believe that these two girls can do some damage on them. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

JT,
You are selfish and disrespectful. Also, you are dishonest. The following is a quote from you while you were trying to cover your sorry-ass after the last time you were caught trying to burn our precious object.

please trust that I love and wantt o preserve the bridge like all of the rest of us... without it, i would not have such a perfect place for BASE jumping and deathcamping.

please be do not hate me, I am a good person and so are shane and miles and we are polite and respectful ambassadors for the sport.

JT, you are not a polite and respectful ambassador to the sport. You disgrace the BASE community by being unethical and flagrantly disobeying very simple rules. I would be interested to hear your definition of "good person."

In all seriousness, what could possibly make you think that jumping with a surf board was a good idea, especially with boats beneath the bridge?

Meghan: Thanks for keeping us updated. I appreciate how much you support the BASE community, you are an asset to have at the Perrine.

Katie.