schechter

Radix teaser

I guess I forgot to add the :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

For most of those "stealthy jumps" off the bridge you can see all sorts of traffic going by as the jumpers exit.
As for the claim of more Rad than 2nd BASE............ nah, I don't think so. Some cool shots and angles granted but the editing and style of jumps on 2nd BASE looks more appealing to me personally. Probably due to the extra "E" factor.
To each his own but to me it is the "E's" that float my boat.
12 days until Norway:):)......................................
SabreDave

The one on 2nd BASE that I thought was totally awesome was the guy swinging around on the gymnastics bar and then flinging himself over the edge.

NOICE! B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

is it the same one that is one the "Oslo Base" (iirc) video from the Flyboyz Film Festival?

that is an awesome exit...

honestly i dont care how EXTREME!!! :S your footage is, if your causing a situation that fucks over other jumpers to get it..your not getting any money from my pocket...

Hey Tree Jumps,
I'm not sure I know you. Are you the guy that said you were going to wrap my bridle around my leg or something when we were talking about the rail jumps? A bridle around leg...as if I haven't tried that.

Anyway, I'm sorry you don't like the aerials in the video. I guess the shot of Jimmy Freeman doing a double gainer off a 470' A is old-school and boring. I'll try to my friends to stay on-axis in the future.

And I guess you're right, maybe I was an idiot for jumping my VX-84 off the bridge at S-day. But I don't recall there being a 25mph headwind. Three gusting to five would be more accurate. But is it my fault I had a 180 on that. I've seen lots of good jumpers have off-heading openings, but I've never called them idiots for it. It's usually their reaction time I look at. Mine was pretty good on that one I think.

It appears that you just don't like my attitude. It's not the video, it's the attitude behind it, right?

Hmmm...whatever.

And as for more E in the final product. Don't worry, I'll be collecting footage until Sept. So there's still plenty of time to get a flat-bed. Dennis Murphy jumps at the same drop-zone as me. I know he's in.

Yes Jimmy, they were 20+, and you static lined into them. You are not an idiot for jumping the Xaos at BD, just for the very poor choice of deployment method. It was only luck that you didn't hit the steel and get seriously hurt or killed. Don't flatter yourself with quick reaction time. I was there and luck was all you had.

A double gainer from 470' is not old school and boring, but it sure isn't new. These days, who isn't doing that stuff. What do you want, a medal or something for shooting video of a jump that 100's of people do? There are a lot of people doing the same or better, but they're not running around trying to impress whuffos with it. You just don't get it: You (and your pals) are not unique and individual snowflakes. You are not breaking new ground, blazing new trails, or otherwise being original. You are media and attention hounds. Look at me, look at me, look what I can do! Big fucking deal. When and if you and your pals finally fuck up Perrine, you will have all of the publicity you can handle. You will be world wide dickheads, and eveyone will be looking for you then.

Grow up and loose the little punk attitude. You sound like a spoiled 15 year old.

Dude,
I can accept criticism, and you're right about my attitude sometimes.

But I swear, those winds were NOT 20+.

And I'm not a media hound. I've never cared about whether or not people know who I am or what I do.

I'm making this current video because actually, I'm an artist. I'm just trying to create something that didn't exist before. Just do me a favor and watch the finished product when it's done.

Those jumps at the bridge in Idaho are just one brush-stroke on the canvass. If you fixate on that alone you'll miss the point of the whole piece.

You did say that you liked some of the camera angles right?

Those jumps at the bridge in Idaho are just one brush-stroke on the canvass. If you fixate on that alone you'll miss the point of the whole piece.

By including them you've virtually guaranteed that BASE jumpers will fixate on them. Kind of ruined your art, there, I think.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Jimmy... a humble request.

Is there any chance at all that you could take the rail jumps out of your video? I'm sure you have plenty of other video that could go in their place and there's still lots of time until October to do it.

And I know you would get TONS of respect from your fellow jumpers if you did.

You must eventually do the video as you see fit, and I'm not telling you how to do your video. Just asking.

For the record, I have a few jumps in the video that I'm putting together that I was uncertain about. I wrote an email to Jason to see how he felt, since the jumps are in his backyard, and he was OK with it.

Courtesy goes a long way in this sport.

- Z

is there any chance at all that you could take the rail jumps out of your video?

Or edit the footage to show the jumps, but just not from the rail.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

You guys are gonna spoil the surprise.
I was already seriously considering that.
They're in the trailer partly because I wanted to see the actual reaction. I respect the concern about the site. I can see it's a real issue and not just a few people mad at a few others.

The trailer's on the web. we know that. And I sent about 20 out to friends, BR, Marti Tilley, and a few others. But when I go into production chances are, you won't see 'em.

However, the shot of Miles doing a Mr. Bill roll-over with Shane was not off the rail and that stays.

So does the VX jump at Bridge Day, no matter what the winds were or whether or not I got lucky.

However, the shot of Miles doing a Mr. Bill roll-over with Shane was not off the rail and that stays.

I don't think anyone had any problem with that one. :)
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Truth be known I had my VX packed with a freebag deployment system, ready to swoop the New. Its been a dream of mine for several years. Frankly the water level was too high and the wind to squirly, and ater watching your jump I decided that there would be better conditions in years to come. Of course Marvin did it again, this time using a reserve freebag, but nothing will ever compare to his FX WAD jump.

Yes, the winds were honking and you got lucky. But hey, anyone taking a Xbrace off that bridge has some serious intestinal fortitude. (or they are crazy)

Cya.

I was refering to my A's.

Your As huh? They belong to you and only you?

hookitt may disagree a bit with that...

Word.
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

anyone taking a Xbrace off that bridge has some serious intestinal fortitude. (or they are crazy)

As with most of the things we do, I think it's a touch of both. :S

- Z

The trailer's on the web. we know that. And I sent about 20 out to friends, BR, Marti Tilley, and a few others. But when I go into production chances are, you won't see 'em.

Hey Jimmy, that's very cool. Thanks! B|

- Z

I was really impressed by the freeflying. I normally find it really boring to watch. I guess the 30 seconds or so that was in there was the perfect amount. :P Skills.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

I'm taking the RADIX teaser off the web tonight, so check it while you can.

so check it while you can.

I've already saved it on my computer. :ph34r:

To all those people who have criticize certain aerials in Jimmy's preview video, have you been watching any of the other videos out there? I seem to slowly be accumulating a bunch of BASE videos and there is plenty of poorly executed aerials all over the place. In fact I don't think I have a single BASE video where all of the aerials were clean. Even DW has videos with aerials that were not clean and he was considered by many to be one of the best if not the best aerials BASE jumper out there. So let's be careful why we feel the need to criticize people.

Hey Jimmy, I love your "Standard Issue" video for both it's artistry and the awesome freeflying, swooping and BASE footage and I trust that Radix will be the same. I also trust that you know your mistakes at the Perrine. But we're all human, we make mistakes and learning from those mistakes is what counts in the long run. ;)

The man in black does some really nice ones. I saw video of JJ in Norway doing very nice stuff, as well. Even when DW had some slop, it was still better than most stuff that shows up on these vids. Plus he did double thingies from like 180', which is insane. In that 2nd BASE teaser, there was one that was just crazy -- wonder who it was.

Click

The man in black does some really nice ones.

Yes Jeb has some serious talent.

The man in black does some really nice ones.

Yes Jeb has some serious talent.

Actually, he once described himself, in conversation with me, as having "no talent at all". His point was that he has worked his ass off to gain the skills he has. It's one of the biggest reasons to respect him. He doesn't just go out and throw twisty flips off whatever--he has real coaches, real training, and real determination. He's one of the few Americans to actually get serious about training for this stuff, and it really shows.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

You can tell, he really knows where he is axis wise. I see it in alot of other aerials thrown where it just seems like the axis release points or angles are just guessed at creating over or under rotation side effects. Regardless, way to hairy for me period! Impressive as all get out though!!

Those doubles off the 180 footer are amazing...

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

That's how DW was, too. Train and train and train and train. That + talent.

Click