JohnnyUtah

SUMMER BASE CAMP-FJC 2004

BASE CAMP - FJC is a BASE first jump course where skydivers can learn to BASE jump with Johnny Utah. This event is held in Twin Falls, Idaho at the Perrine Bridge twice a year and will happen again this Aug 30 - Sept 5, 2004.

For more information.
Have Fun, Don't Die!
Johnny Utah
My Website
email:[email protected]

oh how i wish i hadnt broken myself....running anything in early 05?

Johnny,

Congratulations on winning the World Championship

I took Johnny's Spring BASE Camp earlier this year and would recommend it to anyone interested in starting BASE.

I also took JU's course with Mike (donkeyboy) and all I have to say that it was all worth it and I came out with more knowledge than I thought I would have, albeit, I still have lots to learn. If anyone is contemplating taking Johnny's course, it is definately worth it and you will not be dissapointed.
The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over - Hunter S. Thompson

please donkey boy World Championship

Besides johnny and the germans no one cared about the comp every one was there to have fun

There is still a protest logged by me and many other jumpers for a point penatly for the pheinx pants

bsbd feral
Ingect smack into your eyeballs

Why is there so much negativity in BASE, and so much trying to squash people's excitement about things they love so much? Ok, so you don't care that Johnny came out #1 of 70 in Moscow. Why post to tell the world that it is somehow less of an accomplishment? Why post just to dampen the excitement of a new jumper, trying to help other jumpers, by slamming on their instructor that did a great job?

I think JU was there to have fun too... Everyone was there to have fun...

If you didn't give a crap, why log protests?

Can't we all just get along? Seriously...
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime

Feral only slam's smack. The other is just mouthin'.
Being a seppo from the Ky jelly state of the U.S., this has been observed over the years. He don't mean to diss I don't believe. Chill out.

Why is there so much negativity in BASE, and so much trying to squash people's excitement about things they love so much? Ok, so you don't care that Johnny came out #1 of 70 in Moscow. Why post to tell the world that it is somehow less of an accomplishment? Why post just to dampen the excitement of a new jumper, trying to help other jumpers, by slamming on their instructor that did a great job?

There is NO NEGATIVITY about that. It is a just a FACT that most basejumpers are gathering together to have fun and socialize. If there is a competition, just a few take it seriously, its about playing life for most of us. (might be hard to understand for a rookie, that only think about surviving-no offence).Ofcourse few jumpers are different. They are out to get medals in those events, that are so called "world championship" or "world cup". It is ok to compete, but what's so funny about competing seriously against people that are playing and having fun??? For fakes like FB is what it is all about. He call himself a WORLD champion of base (on his radiculous homepage), after doing a competition with few jumpers that aforded and had interest of meeting up for an private event. Well, it is what the sponsors want. Results, no mather true or fals...The funny thing is that those few jumpers that compete to be socalled "World Champions", will ramain in the basehistory as jerks, not greate athlets. Only media and nonjumpers can get fooled. Basejumpers knows what's going on ;-)
If you will be around for a while, you'll understand. You will be able to meet greate persons and skillfull jumpers, that you havent seen on the "championship ranking". They do not need any publicity, or proudly listing thir incredible results on their homepage...
PS.This has nothing to do with person Johnny Utah!I do not know him. Its just explenation to the "base world champion" bullshit lies...
Keep BASE pure!
Example on funny result hunger :
http://www.johnnyutah.com/resume.html
http://www.felixbaumgartner.com/site/index.html

Also not slamming Johnny, who I think everyone agrees is an outstanding jumper.

But one of the funniest stories I've heard regarding BASE competitions took place a few years back at Bridge Day, when the IPBC was having one of it's competitions at the bridge.

One round required you to call your jump and you'd be scored on complexity and how closely you came to doing what you said.

Well Yuri, who thought the notion of BASE competitions was a bit silly, said "I'm going to go off flailing and screaming like a newbie, pitch on my back, have the canopy come up between my legs and open in a perfect 180."

And he did exactly that. :S Apparently he didn't score that well... but I would have given him first place. :D

It's one Will Forshay's "Lemmings Exremes", if you ever want to see it.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Johnny i would like to slam(tequila-slammer) you,but only becours i wont give ya a bodytequila:D

Well Yuri, who thought the notion of BASE competitions was a bit silly, said "I'm going to go off flailing and screaming like a newbie, pitch on my back, have the canopy come up between my legs and open in a perfect 180."

And he did exactly that. Apparently he didn't score that well... but I would have given him first place.

ha ha so would i..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber