base428

Bridge Day 2004 Registration Starts July 1st

From the Bridge Day site....
Background Checks
Background checks are needed because jumpers will be the only people permitted to carry "backpacks" on the bridge. When jumpers submit their names, date of birth, and SSN or passport numbers (if not a US citizen), this information will be used for a background check performed by the Sheriff. No background checks are needed if you registered and jumped at Bridge Day 2002 or 2003. Situations that would disqualify you from jumping would include: Outstanding felony warrants, previous arrests for explosives, terrorist-related activities, or similar records. Misdemeanor warrants for items such as traffic tickets, or prior arrests or convictions for BASE jumping offenses will NOT affect your jumping at Bridge Day. All SSN and passport number information will be destroyed immediately after background checks are performed.

Isn't this a contradictory statement??? Are you destroying them or not? My guess is not>:(

It's not about giving the SS# out; it's about being lied to and taken advantage of by the government.
>:(>:(>:(

If the back ground check has already taken place, is there a reason to do another one? If not, then the numbers aren't needed any more.

Just a thought.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

maybe they committed a crime after teh previous bridge days?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I delete all DOB, SSN, and passport data each year.
However, I do still have a list of jumpers names from past years, so if you were on the BDay 2002 or 2003 jumper list, they WILL NOT do a background check on you again. We'll just make sure you were on the BDay 2002 or 2003 roster.....

I thought that the supplied SSN's were destroyed or disgarded after the initial background check for that year. How can they do a check if we are no longer in the 'system' or are we still in the 'system'?

(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Hey Mr. Go N Throw, hope to see you there. First round of top shelf el presidente margaritas is on me!
The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over - Hunter S. Thompson

Hey Mr. Go N Throw, hope to see you there. First round of top shelf el presidente margaritas is on me!

WORD!
We'll Have a few with breakfast than go jump!:P
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

We'll Have a few with breakfast than go jump!:P
~J

Of course, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over - Hunter S. Thompson

373 of 450 slots sold as of 11:33am, July 3rd.
77 slots are left, then we'll take a few jumpers for the waiting list.
If anyone has questions, don't hesitate to email or call. I'm busy, but not busy enough to help anyone who contacts me.
cya.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

425 of 450 slots sold as of 8:23am, July 6th. We have sold many more slots than expected for only the first week. After 450 slots are sold, we'll take a few waiting list slots, as there are always cancellations.

Thanks everyone.

I guess you're going to have to start petitioning for a larger window of time for the years to come... :P

Ganja

You and Ted can have one as well.

Jason,

Can you give us an update on registration status?

I'm just trying to decide when to release this thread from the top of the forum.

Thanks!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

5 slots left as of 4:42pm July 8th.
Feel free to release this thread, as we're pretty well sold out. Waiting list slots will be offered once the last few slots are sold.
Cya at the bridge!!!!!

Which airport do most recommend when flying to BD?

Last year I flew into Beckley which is probably 30 minutes south of Fayetteville. That is where any commercial flights come into which may be useful for rides, etc...plus there is a instrument approach which came in handy!
Party On!

Airports?
If you're looking for commercial flights, try Charleston, WV (CRW) - 1 hr drive or Pittsburgh (PIT) - 3.5 hour drive.

I'm not sure about Beckley? Do they have a "real" airport, or can you just fly your own plane in there?

If you're flying your own plane, there is actually a small airport about 2 miles from the bridge where "$5 Frank" used to fly at.