mccordia

Felix on the news

Felix was on the Dutch TV news last night.
He was sayd to be the first that base-jumped from a new bridfe in France
They also showed his lowest basejump in the world again (from Jesus-arm)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Lowest BASE jump?
I've said it many times before.
Steve Ball, early 1990's, 63' cliff in Ohio, USA.
It would be nice if Felix stopped making those false claims.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Steve exited over land, opened, and flew for about 1 second into knee deep water.

How long was Felix's canopy ride????;)
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

that is so much shit..............

we were there long before feel my bum garter!

More respect to him if he gave respect to people before him!

Exactly how high is Felix's jump??? I have watched a total of 4 static-lines and one TARD off of a local 110ft. Span
It was -15C and the landing was rock-solid, frozen Canadian soil! Jesus can't be that much lower if at all!? Canopy times were probably around 3 seconds.
SabreDave

Another brilliant move by that Pussy (cat) Felix. Exactly how small is it Felix that you must constantly promote yourself at the expense of shamelessly burning objects?

I think that it is time for an international kitty hunt with the purpose of tarring & feathering. Does anyone have a 8 quart sauce pan that we can dip Felix in?

Unbelievable. >:(

Try again, Peter Gambs, Germany. Freefell 59 feet on a system I developed for him. By all means qualifying as a BASE jump. I measured the height at 18m. He also did some lower freefalls but I didn´t measure them.
The height of Felix' jump was 29m above obstacles, and once he cleared those obstacles on the opening surge he could fly 710m down the mountain. STI was around 2.5secs.
take care,
space

What kind of system allows one to freefall a 59' object? Probably not a conventional rig.
I guess Felix now has the 3rd lowest jump...;)
This lowest jump crap is simply that....crap. It only gets brought up when Felix babbles to the media.

What kind of system allows one to freefall a 59' object? Probably not a conventional rig.

\

It's a rocket deployed rig. There's video of some of Peter's jumps on one of the German BASE web sites. Pretty cool stuff.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I think that it is time for an international kitty hunt with the purpose of tarring & feathering.

Yeah, since when is he exempt from the rules? He himself says he's well-respected amongst BASE jumpers (he's the ONLY person who's said that). I guess he is, since no one has kicked his ass for burning sites in the worst way possible and discrediting others.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Hi Jason,
Point a. How soon we forget. Did you already forget the time Felix took some hrs off to give you and your friends a span and a cliff, defying the ranger proceeding in a car chase up the mountain? He couldn´t even stick around for dinner. How much did he charge you? NOTHING. He was willing to get busted to help you guys jump.
Point b. Red Bull purchased the mountain to stop the logging there and it is now open to jumping and ummm.... Felix is a direct cause of this because he did jump it first.
Point c. How is one to know who did the highest, lowest, longest etc if it´s not claimed?
Point d. Read the starter post again. " Felix was on the Dutch TV news last night.
They also showed his lowest basejump in the world again (from Jesus-arm) "

Phrases like "He was sayd to be the first" (not that HE said that he was first). "His lowest basejump in the world" (Not THE lowest BASEjump in the world).

Relax,
take care
space

I think anyone that freefalls or static lines less than 150' has pretty big nuts. And I vote that rocket deployment doesn't count... hehe
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime

He himself says he's well-respected amongst BASE jumpers (he's the ONLY person who's said that). I guess he is, since no one has kicked his ass for burning sites in the worst way possible and discrediting others.

Hi Manbird,
Back up your 2 allegations with facts please. i would be pissed too if it was true. I do agree that he burned a few sites and am not happy about that.
take care
space

If Felix would have charged me for that jump, I would have LAUGHED. If any BASE jumper comes to my neck of the woods, I would never even THINK of charging them just to show them my exit points. Why doesn't Felix reply to this rather than having his friend defend him?

Felix was good to us in 1999 when showing us his two exit points in Austria, but he has been disgracing the BASE world since then. If you doubt this, just read through the posts on this forum.

Did you already forget the time Felix took some hrs off to give you and your friends a span and a cliff, defying the ranger proceeding in a car chase up the mountain? He couldn´t even stick around for dinner. How much did he charge you? NOTHING.

He himself says he's well-respected amongst BASE jumpers (he's the ONLY person who's said that). I guess he is, since no one has kicked his ass for burning sites in the worst way possible and discrediting others.

Hi Manbird,
Back up your 2 allegations with facts please. i would be pissed too if it was true. I do agree that he burned a few sites and am not happy about that.
take care
space

Hi Manbird,
take care
space

So, you didn't see the "channel crossing" video? It does, in fact, claim that the Jesus statue is THE lowest BASE jump. This claim is also made in many articles about him. This discredits the many people that have done lower BASE jumps.

Going back and looking at your posts, I'm going to avoid starting a "burn" discussion, being that you have a different definition of what a "burn" is. According to what most consider a burn, I see complaints about him burning a number of objects -- even last year. Following this forum's rules, no one names the sites (or the names are edited).

Click

Try again, Peter Gambs, Germany. Freefell 59 feet on a system I developed for him. By all means qualifying as a BASE jump. I measured the height at 18m.

u mean the snowboard and the moto jumps?
the rocket can deploy a canopy in 18 m?
any other modify at the rig?

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

Saskia thanks for the video...
Felix is NOT the 1st to have jumped that bridge, I know several people who jumped it.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Felix is NOT the 1st to have jumped that bridge, I know several people who jumped it.

If this is the case, wouldn't this qualify as a "burn"? I don't know the story behind this particular S or if it's any hotter now. If it was already jumped, and it was not known to Felix, then the locals were evidently not contacted. Would they even think or try to contact the locals? I guess money and cameras makes for ethical exceptions.

There was a S in Cali that I did my first jumps off of. It is pretty high profile in terms of traffic. This means that you have to avoid getting caught, not that it is a publicly recognized BASE object. If someone brought a camera crew out there and got it on the news, even if permitted, that object would undoubtedly become hot. People (specifically authorative figures), would be looking out for BASE activity where they weren't looking before. Then there's always the risk of skydivers doing first BASE solos because they now know about this local object, and yada yada. Just some thoughts.

Click

I wonder how Red-Bull would feel about us using up hard drive space in their chat room discussing the subject.... Heck, they're makin about 60 bucks a week off me alone for all that humming-bird juice I drink... What happens if we all go "cold turkey" for the summer and let 'em know what we think of their sponsoring the "god of the sky"?

wow, because of felix there is an open base site? this is the first good comment I have heard of this fellow. I wonder what other positive things he has done?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I know several BASE jumpers who boycott Red Bull because of Felix.

Go Fast! is pretty good stuff, and it's owned by a real jumper.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

From the news article: 343 meter high, 2460 meter long.

PS I like GoFast! much better, too! ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia