douggs

new fly pants

over the chopper boogie last weekend i saw an amazing progression in the sport, these were the new phoenix fly pants, i have never seen anything like it, people were getting almost to the landing area, actually getting to the landing area, and one person(jon inge) actually flew to the light house, this is unbelievable for the sport in a safety sense and also for human flight. we can now fly as good as a classic wingsuit by just tracking, there is also a jacket out as well which is alltime. robert has left birdman and created phoenix to further the sports of skydiving and base jumping, and already in a short time he has, there is a prototype here for everyone to use in norway and production should start very shortly. the sport has now hit a new level again. it is awesome,
stay safe everyone
douggs (:<

It was good seeing you out there Douggs.

Martin Rosen from Team Bautasten was also flying some new pants which he made and making it to the landing area also.

Its great to see tracking growing again in 2004.

Meeker

In my opinion, Robert knows more about wingsuits and the aerodynamics of human flight than anyone else on earth at the moment.

I'm very excited to see his new products. :)
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Are they similar to BM's pantz? Any interesting differences? I'd love to hear more about them.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Are they similar to BM's pantz?

Since Robert designed the BM pantz, I'd guess there are some similarities. Since these are his latest, greatest design, and are getting positive reviews from Smoking Pants trackers, I'd guess that they are far better.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

But whats the "Smoking Man" have to say about them? :P AD are you out there?
"When it comes to BASE, I'll never give advice, only my opinion"

phoenix fly pants.
the concept is the same as BM pants and smoke pants with holes in front that makes the legs become presurized and rigid.
when you look at them they really dont look very different at all. But when you try them.......

you have to try them to believe it, the speed and lift are mindblowing!!
and if you try them you WILL buy them!!
my order is already sent.

I have used smoke pants for 2 years now. But I am sorry to tell, I left my smoke pants in Kjerag at the harbour, becouse I know I will never jump them anymore, after having tested the Phoenix Fly Pants. With the fly pants i do have greater horisontal speed, and suffignent better lift. It is for sure a new step in to horizon!
Try them and you will never ever think twice about what you will jump in the future!

Importent to know is they are very powerfull, and I did lend my pair with jacket out to some experienced skydivers, they came down with huge smiles on their faces, and wanted to order right away. But also some less experienced skydivers like 100-150 jumps tried them to, and had some stabillity problems. One was in flatspinn twice, and had to go in to a ball position to recover!!!!

Pics you will find at the Heliboogie pictures post page 3. It is from me and Atle´s little battle from nr 5

Where does one order them? :)
"When it comes to BASE, I'll never give advice, only my opinion"

Robi's new pants kick ass. I got one jump on them and tracked farther than I had on previous jumps with no stability issues. I also did tracking jumps with guys I normally can out track who were demoing the pants and watched them disappear ahead of me. Nice work Robert!

Yo Douggs!! It was awesome meeting you at the boogie and it is equally awesome that you are so willing to share the pants with the community, unlike another jumper B| who has a pair, but isn't so willing to share. (Sorry couldn't resist :))
Base # 942
The race is long and in the end, its only with yourself.

looks like the site is kinda up
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

looks like the site is kinda up

Not really. Getting closer. You should be able to order the jacket and pants (but not the wingsuit) from baserigs.com very, very soon (days).
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

But whats the "Smoking Man" have to say about them? :P AD are you out there?

Well, I have already ordered a pair...

I only got to do two test jumps with them, but thats all I needed to be convinced! I'll get back with a more detailed review when I get to jump my fly pants. Can't wait!

Smokeman
See what I'm saying? Thats what I'm saying! What am I saying? I DON'T KNOW!!

Part of E-mail from Robert I got resently.
There is a little info on The new 2 piece
Trak suit and I think his new wing-suit.

Thank you Ray.
here is a few news about PF.
However the price will be announced soon, the order form as well.
I planning to start taking orders for pants & jacket on July 19th.

WS will came out in early September.
Doing right now testing of material and design.

:o)
Sincerely
Robert

I have over 100 jumps with ad smokepantz and they are really good, but the flypantz just take off... I have jumped a couple of different places in Romsdalen, and they give me long flights...

Last from K 44 sec frefall ca 1km long flight high pull(left my handbag at the exitpoint)

The functionality on the pants are good, easy to get on, and easy to fly... They flies almost as the classic, i have some great video from the ground and my speed horisontally is just awesome... by times it seems that i dont loose any hight....

I just take my hat off, and Im ready to get out there and play more....

The fly pantz rules !!!

Tom Erik Heimen
MOLDE BASE
ROMSDAL BASE

edit: site name ~TA

I' only went into a flat spin once... The second time they ruled!!
Seriously thinking of buying a pair to use in skydiving, waiting for enough jumps to jump WS

WS wannabe!

Do, or do not. There is no try.