Spiderbaby

Free at last!

Just for the record. I just mailed my final $400.00 payment to the Embassy Suites Hotel for the BASE jump turned nightmare 3 years ago. The deal was. $200.00 a month for 2 years with the final payment being $400.00, making the total for the windows alone $5,000.00. If you throw in missed work, multiple motions hearings, a 4 day jury trial and Lawyer fees it's around $10,000.00, total. Careful out there kiddies, most of those groovy buildings have TEAMS of lawyers to protect the poor buildings rights. Hank Caylor
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

Nice... Do you mind informing what happened on that jump ??
Anyways now you finished paying, you can go for another hotel now :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I jumped from the 40th floor and had a violent 180'. I crashed through both 3/4" plate glass windows($5,000) on the 21st floor, and then escaped, but was forced to turn myself in due to massive blood loss.
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

[:/] not cool... But hope the health part is now fine... It's the most important. And now the financial part seems to be solved too, perfect world. But I bet they won't let you take a room in their hotel anymore...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

They say, "Any jump you walk away from was a successful jump". I walked away but I think it was far from successful!?.

Congrats on finally being free. B|

I have roughtly a $200/month payment that I seem to be enslaved to, but it's for my damn credit card. [:/]

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

chains are broken! nice work!!!

...and who says BASE jumping is cheap way out!

fuck man its costing me more than skydiving ever did!!!

I guess having an ER Doc on your ground crew could be a valuable asset?!

I hate being enslaved to the "Man"! Be careful over the next few months (Knock on wood), every time I get off of probation or finish those dreaded payments; I seem to find more trouble to pay for.

Good Luck and Congratulations on a chapter finished!
...FUN FOR ALL!

Congrats dude! Now come here and lettuce show you something. Trust C is doing well. Hug everyone you see for me.

Love,
Gardner

Way to go Hank! With all that extra disposable monthly income you can pick up some nice new nasty habit. Glad to hear its over.

Tree

was forced to turn myself in due to massive blood loss.

your docs dont have this silence agreement?

congrats your free.:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I'll just throw this out there to see if anyone beats me up about it.

If you had not been injured, and had been able to get away, would you have made reparations (even anonymously) to the hotel for the damage done?

I seem to have the feeling that one of the BASE jumpers creeds it to leave the site as they found it, especially when it's an illegal jump.

Congrats on paying off your debt, shitty about the layer bill. Shame it couldn't be worked out in some mutual agreement/mediation.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

If you had not been injured, and had been able to get away, would you have made reparations (even anonymously) to the hotel for the damage done?

I actually know a jumper who broke a window to exit, and made anonymous reparations for the damage. Pretty cool, if you ask me. Definitely in the minority, though.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I actually know a jumper who broke a window to exit, and made anonymous reparations for the damage. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

Agreed!:)

Definitely in the minority, though.

Agreed.[:/]
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I actually know a jumper who broke a window to exit, and made anonymous reparations for the damage. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

Wouldn't it have been cooler to walk away if he determined breaking a window was his only was to exit? Breaking something and paying for it is better than nothing, but it's still not leaving it as you found it.

Not criticizing per se, since I don't know all the details... just thinking out loud. If walking down presented a significant risk of getting busted, I could see breaking the window justified.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

hi brother!
last year, i jumped from 36th floor, 180°, hanging in 10th floor.
firerescue saved me;they must destroy a big iron wall....

in this time, i payed round $ 3000; (2000for firerescue, 1000 for the law) and for iron wall???- i hope not tooooo much 8-(
canopy also destroyed....
but today, i don´t worry- i drive to now :-)

greetings
miko