Coleman

Should there be more wingsuit regulations?

I know this conversation has already been discussed multiple times before, and will undoubtably be made again in the future. However, I was hoping we could start a discussion on the current state of wingsuiting/wingsuit training within different USPA member dropzones. What works, and what doesn't? Should the USPA (including us, the members) make more of an effort to push some form of a standardized student program like the one in the SIM, should wingsuit manufacturers keep pushing (or start) their own wingsuit coach ratings similar to the way Sigma and Strong do for tandems, or should we not do anything? Any opinions on the matter are welcome.

Coleman

I know this conversation has already been discussed multiple times before, and will undoubtably be made again in the future. However, I was hoping we could start a discussion on the current state of wingsuiting/wingsuit training within different USPA member dropzones. What works, and what doesn't? Should the USPA (including us, the members) make more of an effort to push some form of a standardized student program like the one in the SIM, should wingsuit manufacturers keep pushing (or start) their own wingsuit coach ratings similar to the way Sigma and Strong do for tandems, or should we not do anything? Any opinions on the matter are welcome.

Answers to your questions:

Should there be more wingsuit regulations? NO! And what "problem" are you looking to fix?

What is in the SIM works. Various instructors and schools add their own flourishes, just like other coaching programs.

There already is a form of standardized wingsuit student program, it's what is in the SIM.

Should the USPA make an effort to fix something that is not broken? No...

Various manufacturers and wingsuit coaches already have their own coach rating program, as do some other entities--it's been that way for well over a dozen years. That's really where what's in the SIM came from. Leave them to push what they think is best; they are the experts and that's where we'll see innovation and improvements to what already exists.

I think we need a thread about canopy size regulations. Nanny state style. After that we can go after wingsuits. Skydiving is an adult sport folks.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.