douggie

Wingsuit BASE

I just received my gear and have worked on my packing a lot. I've watched all the videos about BASE that I could possibly find online or purchase. I have talked to people on the DZ forum and BASE board. I have a 600-700ft antenna down the road from my house and have always wanted to jump it. The landing area is clear for miles and the winds have been great all week. My friend says I should try his wingsuit off it. How much drive do you think I can get with the suit before pull time?

check your pm's.

Edit: crazy ass.

I just received my gear and have worked on my packing a lot. I've watched all the videos about BASE that I could possibly find online or purchase. I have talked to people on the DZ forum and BASE board. I have a 600-700ft antenna down the road from my house and have always wanted to jump it. The landing area is clear for miles and the winds have been great all week. My friend says I should try his wingsuit off it. How much drive do you think I can get with the suit before pull time?

I'm calling TROLL on this one.
maybe you should practice from the roof of your house first.

Make sure you get lots of video! (The guys from the darwin awards really like that.)

Doug, you can't be serious. That big one with the elevator is hardly worth a wingsuit.

Edit: You are just messin with us right?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

i think you should ship the gear to me first so i can inspect it,then i return it whith a video of how to jump off 6-700ft A´s.
after 2-3 jumps off that you´ll be ready for freefalling sub 150ft...

oh follow this advise or get a life:ph34r::D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

To everyone else here... I know Doug he isn't trolling and he USUALLY exercises excellent judgment. ;) So I have to ask... WHO on earth told you a wingsuit from 700 feet was a good idea?

PM me.

And if you say it was me, I was probably drunk at the time. :S

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

WHO on earth told you a wingsuit from 700 feet was a good idea?

huh i do it often off 400ft,well i call it chikenjump. i dont use a suit i just jump as usaly but i kick by arms and legs while i scream like a bird,i do that all the way down to pull alti,were i pich,fly my canopy in a bad manner so i can pound in the and get mud all over..wow i really feel like a chiken after a jump like that:D:ph34r:

ps. to get the real feeling stick up an eg(boild if you aint used to this),you allowed to dumb the eg while flying the canopy.

please try this AT HOME:PB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

My friend says I should try his wingsuit off it.

Long time no talk. I'm back out at Skydive Houston this weekend and I heard about this post from 4 different people. I think that's interesting considering the date you made it. I think people that know you have taken this seriously or are at the least a little concerned. Kinda funny listening about it the third time. That's when it all of the sudden dawned on me that that's my wingsuit. I had to take a short break from jumping. Way back then, Ted had my suit. I can't remember how or when you got it, but I told Brit that I didn't mind if you jumped it (airplane). For the number of jumps you have, you are a very talented freeflyer. However inlite of this post I think you are an very ignorant BASE jumper. I don't mean that in an ugly way, just what I think is an obvious truth. I don't think I have spoke to you since last October and that was before you started BASE jumping. Therefore I can't understand why what you wrote reads the way it does. According to the way it reads "his wingsuit" can only refer to me. I would like my suit back as soon as possible. Not just because I'm all of the sudden having trouble trusting you with it, but also because since I'm back to jumping again; I might need it. I'll be at the DZ thru Monday. Looking forward to some freefly jumps.

Hey buddy...do you really think I am that stupid? I was just trying to stir up the folks a bit. I will give you the suit back as soon as soon as I see ya. Just want to say thanks for letting me jump it. I am nowhere close to using it for BASE, dont worry. Looking forward to making some jumps....maybe you can finally take me on that ball jump you promised back at gladewater. :)

Hey buddy...do you really think I am that stupid? reply]

that's the thing. nobody does. add to that your young, bold and talented and you have a recipe for over confidence that can lead to poor judgement. so, yah, i was alarmed. would have gotten back to this earlier but we've been without power for 2 days. yall missed some pretty cool storms. we'll see about that ball jump next time I see ya.