whatever

which way did you go?

would the top guy have to SL?

Nope. There's 2 platforms one on each side of the corner. They face 90 degrees away from each other and have seperate opening and landing zones.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

S:486ft
A:900ft
O:270ft
E:390ft
B: last night! 240ft
:)~J

Congrats Jamie!!!
Just started last May and now look at you. Nice work! You are quite stealthy arent you.

The kids grow up so fast. ;)
Have Fun, Don't Die!
Johnny Utah
My Website
email:[email protected]

Given that many of us have limited experience when we do our first B / A / S / E - why should wind be a factor???? Why not take it out of the equation to start with? I think we should minimise as many risk variables as possible prior to attempting something new... It is extremely relevant to have wind knowledge and we should use it when required but for your first on a new object, ??????

The wind behind your back on an antenna is useful - AS LONG AS THE ANTENNA IS HIGH ENOUGH - this is usually the case. I don't recommend it on lower antennas (i.e. with very short canopy rides) especially with deep brake settings as you may suffer surge / pressurisation issues.

r.e. the downdrafts - I wouldn't worry about canopy pressurisation problems that much. What about the pilot chute? The difference in the relative descent rate of your pilot chute and your body during a down draft is much less than in zero wind conditions. This basically means that it takes more altitude for the p/c to "anchor" and start the next part of the deployment sequence. This becames a real problem at low altitudes. Once it anchors, then you have to worry about what Tom says about the canopy. . . oohhh lah lah . . ouch . . . . . rip . . . .

The order that you jump the four objects is dependant on the objects that you have to choose from and the person jumping. Most people agree with S first and B last. and argue with the A and E in between. But it is NOT that simple for individual cases in certain areas.

e.g. KL tower is a B. In terms of exit, freefall, & deployment, I would recommend it over an antenna any day. But your accuracy skill must be somewhat respectable. Why? you typically have 120 degrees of freedom on an antenna - KL tower has virtually 360 degrees (unless you pick you nose for 5 seconds after you open), you have altitude to regain stability if your orientation changes, there are many places to land as long as your flight planning & execution is reasonable, etc.

So the best order for objects depends on your prior experience (freefall / accuracy / canopy / other skills), how high the object is, how overhung the object is, how good the landing area is, how stress free it is, etc.

Most accidents occur during deployment and landing. Hence, choose an object that is diificult to hit on opening with good landing areas, and enough height to utilise the type and configuration of equipment that you are using. Don't just focus on the letters, focus on the particular object and do an accurate risk assessment of each object.

Stay Safe
Have Fun
Good Luck

:)
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

Dude, without your help , things might have gone differently.
So when are you gonna make a trip out to the West Coast?:)~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

NO:ph34r:But hop n pop the other dude could have a nice delay from that altiB|But really depends if the jumpers does know to do it...

SL he he spoiled kid..:ph34r::D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

NO:ph34r:But hop n pop the other dude could have a nice delay from that altiB|But really depends if the jumpers does know to do it...

Heh...You haven't seen all the shit under and around that F#%&er!;)
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

i guess not,is it already an hop n pop jump?

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Jump #1 486' S sept 1st 2003
Jump #2 300' E
Jump #3 220' A
attempt Jump #4 200' B did not jump too windy sat on top for a while wind never died down[:/]
Jump #4 460' E

still need a B

bump for nvknight04
Looking for newbie rig, all components...

E-A-B-S

E was done from a 600' cliff with about 40 skydives.
S was done on the 100th base jump.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

he he i wasnt the only one to make a repost in this old tread;) http://dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=1044580;page=2;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

Dunno if it takes you directly to your post if not,you already posted as post #35 in this tread:P:ph34r:

Dont worry i did the same.. all it means is that we´re old and cant rember.. now when were you up for that beer here at my place:PB|:D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

My memory is having a senior moment! :D
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

I go both ways

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's really mellow to static line it. But sometimes I like to scare the shit out of myself and feefall it. Good point.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary