Faber

water and rigs

After i (under much fun for other jumpers)mannegede to cover my harness 1/3 in mud at my resent trip in UK, yesterday desided to clean it up(wash it).So i cuttede the prsers and stripped the harnees for stuff that didnt needed a wash(hookknif and so on).I gavi it a nice bath in temperated water and cleanede it so it again looks like newB|.

After a couple of hours i felt at the harness,and were surpriced that it had dryed as much as it had(talking in my bathroom),as i returned home from work today i hoped i could pack my gear,but it still feels abit wet(moister? spell..) and i have desided not to pack it as i cant jump today and tommorrow.

But, it make me wonder how long time it usaly takes to dry up a harness(its a Vertex 2 pin from BR),before you would pack your canopy into it and be confident that you could leave it like that along time whith out using it(thinking of the canopy).
If i could jump in the next 24 hours,i would have packed it now,but as it will take some time before i get up(2 days are just way long:ph34r::D)..

Any?

Ps.no the canopy didnt got a wash,only the harness;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Moister can remain in the spacer material (normally foam) found in legstraps and in pack trays for a few days depending on the climate. I think the longest I've ever had to wait for a skydiving rig to dry was 48hrs, but I've never really "washed" my BASE rig so I can't say exactly how long it would take it to fully dry
"I'm like a superhero...with no powers or motivation."

thanks for your reply, i guess ill wait for tomorrow and then pack it,at least then im "forced" to try if it still works.You can never know...perhaps ill get left offheaddings now as i dont have that extra weight at my right side:ph34r::D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Hang it, let it dry for a few days. Point a fan at it.

I don't know about the vertex but if you can reach between the back pad and the Pack tray (where the diagonals are) put a few wads of news paper in there. It will speed up the drying time.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

from the small experience I have with skydiving rigs, takes approx a week. keep in a dry and ventilated space, and as usual do not expose to direct heat and sun.
and if you hang it maybe change the position of the rig every once in a while, so it can dry out completely and not take a bad shape.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM