BASE813

BASE and SkyDiving Associations

it will never be a issue as all parachute ass. need regulations about how low you can pull your canopy.they also need rules about reserves and ADD to make the sport more safe. if WE had similar rules in BASE,there wouldnt be a sport called BASE anymore,but you would have groups that broke thouse rules all the time..

BASE is BASE,let it be that wayB|

the only rules we need is the rules of gravity,comon gear use(up to the single jumper to choose this),and the "dontburnobjects"rule

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

it will never be a issue as all parachute ass. need regulations about how low you can pull your canopy.they also need rules about reserves and ADD to make the sport more safe.

Someone once told me that they have some sort of BASE association in Germany that requires jumpers to wear reserves. Front-mounted rounds/squares? that are only there for regulation purposes, but the organisation makes it much easier to access all sorts of objects. Anyone know if this is true? (Actually, I'd be surprised if it wasn't, since the person who told me about it knows very well what he's talking about, especially if it's any kind of parachuting or flying in general.)
[edit]I used some google and eventually found a discussion about that right here on dz.com. D'oh!:P

it is true that they in Germany has some sort of work whith the skydive world(trying to legalize it),which includes chest mounted reserves that has beed TSOéd as i know of they dont have alot of objects they can jump that way(im not werry well informed in it).
but it would be the next problem. if people tells yoy what to jump and what not to jump,then you always will have persons that aint willing to only jump thouse objects,then you already have a grour out side the "rest".

I dont think you can control BASE(besides on the legal sites),and i actualy like it that way.

No skydive instructor should say to me that i aint alowed to freefall 180ft if i want to,or to deside if other should make acrobatic manuvers below a sudden altitude.

BASE is personal,it wont be if some one desides what to do or not. not to mention all the pioneers in this sport would be heavily slowed down by such rules.. no let BASE be as it is:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I am not a base jumper, but i can read german.
Here ist their homepage:

http://www.base-jump.de/

A few facts from the homepage.
Since 1998 it is allowed to jump from fixed objects if you complie with certain laws.
200 legal Base jumps last year.
Click on "wir über uns" to see a list of sites that have been jumped legally
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

jesus Faber your English is getting worse!! - have you had a stroke?? ;):P

saying that my Danish aint up to much!!

B|

Later

Michael

sorry my kids are sick and i were in a hurry:$

shouldnt you work at this time;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Allein im letzten Jahr wurden in Deutschland über 200 legale Sprünge vom VDO e.V. organisiert.

as i read it it says " whith the last year there has been over 200 legal jumps in Germany that VDO has oganiced"

IE. VDO=united german object jumpers

i alone made 49 BASE last year and im not hardcore at all,im sure some germans does alot more than that.But i think its a great step for the BASE world,that they can pull this off.B|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

hi everyone, I am the webmaster of the german webpage. I have about 210 jumps and yes it is true, we are allowed to make legal jumps and we have to wear reserves (chest mounted-round ones) because it´s the law to wear one. we managed to get it legal in 1998 by beating the system with its own weapons. we made the german kind of tso on container-systems and canopies with our own money. we wrote an instructual manual to guide licensed skydivers to this sport. we also offer instructional courses. after all, we got the permission from the german skydiving association to jump legally. all we now have to do is the same paperwork as for a demo-jump into a stadium. we also have a general permission for using our specific flight level from the german airtraffic security. means, for official jumps we do not need any further papers from them, we just shoul make a phonecall in front. we also have 3 objects with a permanent permission to jump from, we just have to phone the owner in front and we can jump there on everyday we want to. our sites are not so much as in usa, but we some nice bridges and buildings, a lot of antennas and a few cliffs. only in 2003, we gave about 35 boys and girls an instructional course and they started jumping from fixed objekts. not everyone in germany, but in italy, austria and switzerland, to get the skills for the official jumps in germany. ;) So if we plan our next event, I will post it here. perhaps someone wants to join us.
--------------------------------------------------

With sufficient thrust,
pigs just fly well

Allein im letzten Jahr wurden in Deutschland über 200 legale Sprünge vom VDO e.V. organisiert.

as i read it it says " whith the last year there has been over 200 legal jumps in Germany that VDO has oganiced"

Ok, i agree, they organized 200 legal base jumps, but i don't think there where many more legal base jumps without hte VDO.

i alone made 49 BASE last year and im not hardcore at all,im sure some germans does alot more than that.But i think its a great step for the BASE world,that they can pull this off.B|

49, but how many legal? :P

200 is not much, but it's a start. I know there are a lot more illegal in gemany, for example the recent one in Munich with the object strike.:S
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

just for info, the vdo (or the members of it) is the only one in germany who can organize legal jumps.
200 Jumps is a good start and there are sure a lot more illegal jumps like the one in munich, where the austrian guy was busted.

With sufficient thrust,
pigs just fly well

perhaps someone wants to join us.

sure.what do i need to do to be a part of such event?
I live in DK,and i sure would like to make some trips to Germany to flickB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

49, but how many legal?

ALL of them are legalized to my self;) however i do belive my E were a barley legal one if it wasnt total legal 813 can might clarify this(ough:Sdid i make a legal jump:ph34r::D)

i know 200 aint much what i wanted to say were that you still have a group of people that jumps ilegal stuff anyway. but who wouldnt think it could be total cool if it all were legal..B|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

no big deal, just tell me. but you have to use licensed gear (no problem at all, we have some for instruction, like PROs ore velcro-closed ones) because you have to wear a reserve-container :ph34r:

With sufficient thrust,
pigs just fly well

I think it would be great if there were some sort of umbrella organization to help organize large-scale competitions and events - and skydiving associations have bigger budgets then base jumpers! Of course you'll always have a dichotomy between legal jumps and illegal jumps, and skydiving organizations are always going to disavow illegal jumps, but that doesn't mean they couldn't lend their warchest to arranging more legal sites and events... Let's face it, who benefits from Base jumping most??? Skydiving schools, that's who... People see base jumpers for real or on tv and they want to learn to do that... Right now skydiving benefits from the exposure base-jumping gets without contributing to it... Personally I log 'parachute jumps' in my log book, and a base jump is no different to me than a CRW jump or an accuracy jump or an RW jump - they all require their own specialized equipment and techniques, but they're all 'parachuting' - How many cutting edge skydiving movies come out that DON"T include BASE footage? It's all the same to me.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Personally I log 'parachute jumps' in my log book, and a base jump is no different to me than a CRW jump or an accuracy jump or an RW jump - they all require their own specialized equipment and techniques, but they're all 'parachuting' - How many cutting edge skydiving movies come out that DON"T include BASE footage? It's all the same to me.

To me its like if I play hockey I also play football coz we use a circular ball!

True we are all parachutists, sometimes it would be nice that skydivers actually understood this concept, but deep down we are doing completly different things and the two can never be attached - I am sorry but I think its only skydivers that think they are similar, and to me this is so incorrect..........

or maybe thats just me!?!?! [:/]