TomAiello

"Is BASE Jumping Illegal" on ABA Forum

its funny.......... only Saturday we were sprung by the land owner of a nice 220ft A - after some chat with her and some cool PR work by my girlfriend the woman said that it would be fine for us to jump this when ever we wanted to - in fact after her, her daughter and her neighbours witnessed us going off - they thanked us for letting them watch!!

No loud music, no fast driving, a little bit of time taken out to talk and be polite and civil to the local people ensured that this "daytime" jump is in a village still with BASE friendly residents......... who as one old lady said "wont grass you up to the coppers!" :D:D:D

Lets not fuck this one up! B|

:)

Heh heh I've been accompanying a number of BASE jumpers, with my camera's. There was this bridge they were building which was accessible for a short while, and there was a crane next to it for a longer time. This one got jumped a lot; the fishermen didn't even look up anymore.
Half a year later I was standing around in that neighbourhood, different object. Along comes this woman walking her little dog. The guys were still climbing. She saw me standing around innocently (NOT looking up). She then approached me: Are you the same guys jumping of the bridge last year? Me: Bridge? What bridge? Nah... Her: Is there a club or something, is this organised? Me: No... Her: Well it's cool, I like watching. Just be careful not to park where you're parked now (which was out of sight mostly) because the land's owner doesn't like that. Cool this, really! Have fun! Bye!

ciel bleu,
Saskia