outrager

"Adrenaline Rush" at the new Air & Space Museum at Dulles airport

Yo !

If you pass through DC area, make sure to check out the new Air & Space Museum that just opened at Dulles. As a topping on a very sweet cake they have "Adrenaline Rush" (IMAX skydiving&BASE movie) playing right there in the museum.

bsbd!

Yuri.

Here are the show times if you were interested...
http://www.nasm.si.edu/visit/uhcimax/films.cfm

Adrenaline Rush: The Science Of Risk
This thrill ride of a film takes a close-up look at the world of skydiving and base jumping, exploring how the psychological and physiological forces behind risk-taking, extreme activities can tell us about the world of science and innovation, and how we deal with risk in our everyday lives. (2003; 40 minutes).
Showtimes (through Dec. 26) -- 12:30pm 3:30pm 5:30pm 7:30pm daily

See New Showtimes Starting December 26

Im not a BASE jumper (as of now) but im going tomorrow to the 12:30 show...

I think when Jesus said "love your enemy" he probably meant don't kill them.

Fu(k that!! If we have time to watch movies , we have time to jump!
-Bryan

I love base like a fat kid loves cake

and how we deal with risk in our everyday lives

is this film any good or is it like the rest of these films that cover this "subject" and bulshit?

i

I saw it on Saturday and thought the film was pretty good. As far as "how we deal with risk in our everyday lives" it was somewhat brief. It talked about seratonin and MAOs and the chemical reactions in the brain that have to do with risk and adrenalin. I am not sure if it was "concrete" evidence or not though.
I did think the part where they built Leonardo Da Vinci's parachute was pretty cool, and the movie really made me feel like I was standing on the edge of the cliff at the big wall of Norway where they were. But then again, IMAX films always give me the feeling of being "right there"...

I think when Jesus said "love your enemy" he probably meant don't kill them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and how we deal with risk in our everyday lives

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is this film any good or is it like the rest of these films that cover this "subject" and bulshit?

i were told by thouse danish gyys/gals that saw it(thouse i know;)) that it were a great movie.

Myself.. well as it were running in the summer 250km away from my home,i never manneged to make the trip and actualy see it.
I made my my own personal movieB|;),each time i see that i get wet in my hands and all swetty:ph34r::D

Mate let your cellphone be open these days,you might get a call;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

is this film any good

saw it last night, it was very good...sensational aspect was minimized, imax is simply awesome....

i found it very interesting that "adrenaline junkies" typically have low MAO counts, very similar to serial killers...i was torn between finding something to climb and jump, and stabbing the person sitting next to me in the theatre!:S

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

The Guys were out at Sebastian filming the skydiving side of things. They were a couple of very down to Earth skydivers from Canada, so I would imagine that the film would reflect their characters...
George
http://georgechurchill.blogspot.com