Clownburner

Neptune software v2.0.6 released

Anyone bought a neptune really recently (or know about the newest ones)? There were 2 things I was waiting for before I'd consider buying one. Stable, complete software, which this may be, and a smaller ring on the hand mount (as I heard from alti-2 would be coming along). Smaller than the altimaster 3's ring that is, which I find uncomfortable without gloves. Anyone know if they've changed that yet?

Dave

Mines only a few weeks old, and it still has the larger hand ring. Although I was seriously considering improvising a replacement - it'd be easy to do with some surgical tubing and a little glue. ;)
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

No, that was a cut-and-paste. Wow, they work fast. ;)

From the web site:

Version 2.0.8
Release Date 1/6/2004

* World Team version (2.0.8W) with higher altitude speed statistics
* Bug fix to correct log error for very short freefall times

Version 2.0.6
Release Date 1/6/2004
* Neptune data can now be uploaded to Paralog
* The logging function has been updated
* Average speed has replaced max speed
* Minor improvements to menu structure
* New year rollover bug fixed

7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

* Bug fix to correct log error for very short freefall times

Cool, I was wondering if that was a known bug or just a one-off glitch. I did a CRW jump with the Neptune in my pocket and it said I exited it 13000 and pulled at 300.

Yes!! I updated my neptune with 2.0.8 as well.

I also downloaded Paralog and paid the registration, have to wait until tomorrow to download the information. It downloaded the first jump so I know it works :)

The demo downloaded my 4 jumps that I did with the Neptune, but none have a detail graph. It's supposed to download one, right? I'm more than willing to fork over the $50, as long as it works as it is meant to. Not seeing the one it's supposed to allow doesn't sit well with me.

Can someone post a screenshot of a stat graph? Mine are all "estimates".
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Don't know if they changed that but I had a friend (who wanted my handmount) make me a nice wristmount in return. I don't like anything on my hand really let alone such a big ring. But it is fairly easy to make your own mount, or ask a rigger to. If that's the only thing that's preventing you from buying one...

ciel bleu,
Saskia

So, at this point you'd buy the product, then wire it in and upload this newer software onto the alti? I'm not all that good with this stuff, so pardon my ignorance here.

Then, they are going to be changing to a smaller ring on the handmount? Does anyone know when this change will be in effect? What will they do with all the unpurchased ones out there that don't have it if everyone wants the smaller one? Having small hands, i'd prefer the smaller ring.

Thanks.
Angela.

You can also send it back to Alti-2 for the upgrade.

The upload and data downloads are via an InfraRed port so no wires but the process is similar. It is very easy if you have alaptop with an IR port.

Most times its not an issue but sometimes you might need help with the initial setup, then its a breeze.

There seem to be enough software/ tech saavy people in this sport, so it should not be too difficult to get someone to help you out.

Yep, thought I'd get the detailed jump information if I paid my $50 bucks too. However, you only get the details with jumps you make using the new 2.0.8 firmware. All your jumps with the old firmware versions give you no details, just the simulation on the dive profile. See the alti-2 web site for details. Anybody having problems getting Paralog to save? I click save and it seems to just go off forever and not come back. Oh, the joy of new software!

OK, I'm not having the problems everyone else is having. I haven't made a jump yet on the new version, so the judges are still out on that. Everything, almost, is working very well. Paralog asks for a save on exit, and it does save everything. I've been playing with a number of the options, like your gear profiles. They work, but in order to activate your gear choices after a change, you must restart Paralog. An inconvenience, but not a big deal.

I know Klaus lurks here, so, here's a bug I found.
Klaus,
In preferences, there is a place to select Metric-Imperial. That works great, but also on that page is a place to select either feet per second or miles per hour. I have it set as miles per hour (I just double checked) and it still reads feet per second on the screen. Feet per second readings are useless to me for "at a glance" reading. This is the same reason an early firmware revision on the Neptune changed to MPH, nobody (I know of) uses feet per second.
It's your life, live it!

Think I'll wait a bit for my purchase of the software...any indication that they know they have a problem?

Try emailing Klaus (the guy who developed Paralog). I downloaded my copy in december and had some problems with the different date formats- he was quite helpful and fixed the code in a day, although I imagine he might have a bit more work now that Neptune owners will be using his software more extensively.

Think I'll wait a bit for my purchase of the software...any indication that they know they have a problem?

The wait is up to you. I'm going to put a jump on the new firmware this weekend (I hope) and if all goes well, I'll be purchasing the software next week.

Klaus does monitor these boards, but the best way to report a bug is to email him directly from his website.
It's your life, live it!

I just got my license today. I am having the same problems you are having. Can't save.

:(

I was not saying anything derrogatory about the software. Was disappointed I could'nt play with Paralog(I had spent all of 20 mins on it...including installation) when I made the above post. I would not have posted that if I was smart enough to realize it might be interpreted in a bad way. :$

Didn't take it that way...I just don't want to wade through the development cycle right now. I'm sure I'll use it at some point, but just not now.

Actually, I'm looking forward to using it.:)
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

Wow , that's what I call tech support! I had planned to email Klaus this weekend about my saving problem when I had some spare time. He beat me to the punch and PM'ed me first.

Shades of Minority Report! Yes sir, Mr Brewster, we've become aware that your application will crash tommorrow at 5:00pm causing you to lose critical data. Please STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD and keep your hands in plain sight.

Can't wait to log some jumps this weekend and try out Paralog for real. Forecast for Saturday is: Mostly sunny, with a high near 51. East wind between 3 and 9 mph.

B|B|B|

FYI: newest version 2.0.14 is now available...it allows logs recorded at prior versions to work.

I went directly to that version from 1.17. My Neptune freaked out, doubled a couple of my exit altitudes (ff time and average speed remains normal) and shifted around the dates of my jumps without any obvious pattern. I had to change the date on every jump I uploaded, with an exception of five that Paralog won't take because they're from the future.:o:D
I suspect this was because the "new" battery I used when upgrading apparently wasn't so new after all.