Kinaa

Felix Discussion

Please let it be Felix.

LOL
Felix is in Croatia, searching for some BASE sites (fort his "stunts") I just heard on TV.
We are honored with his presence.>:(:S
I hope that he will not burn some sites, cos I just started with BASE.>:(

You heard on TV that he is searching for sites?

Regular stealth ninja turtle ain't he... :S

Regular stealth ninja turtle ain't he... :S

*lol* yeah they had a nice blurb about where he'd be and when for autographs of course. ;)

Yo, I was with Felix on this scouting trip and Felix is only looking to open up some sites that are as yet unjumped. But I agree it would have been funny if it was he that hung on a crane B|
take care,
space

Regular stealth ninja turtle ain't he...

Yeah, isn't that guy funny?:S

It´s possible that he found something, more research is needed as Croatia is a quite large country and there are more BASEable sites than we first thought and also BASE jumpers who seemed to have jumped every site that we scoped :ph34r:
AFAIK, Felix has not burned anything for some years, Maybe you could post the date of his last burn to put your statement in perspective, Surely you don´t mean he burnt the English Channel:$
Take care,
space

Surely you don´t mean he burnt the English Channel

:ph34r::Dim sure that he didnt flew that fast:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

> Felix has not burned anything for some years
What what what what what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

> Maybe you could post the date of his last burn...
Perhaps Kinaa is not capable to tell you the date, but I can. The exact date I cannot tell, but for sure it is about June/July/August 2003, when he recently BURNED an object (a high profile one) for sure B|
It was on Italian Real TV on air around beginning of August 2003, when he jumped the very high profile tower in South Italy (me and you know what I am talking about), PRETENDING he found the gates open ("Oh, policeman, I did not know it was not legal to climb, we found the gates open..."(voice of Felix dubbed on TV)), he pretended to climb over the "first part" only with a rope (well, and how his "not-incredibly-fit" (no offence intended) photographer/videographer managed to climb up as well? because the photographer climbed up to film his exit, this is for sure!) and after the jump:"Oh, policeman, where do I have to sign? Here? Do I have to put my name or do you want an autograph?", PRETENDING the action was illegal, PRETENDING policemen found him by chance, not to mention that when he jumped, from the "light" on video, it looks like it were noon or anyway in the middle of the day...
Such a high profile object put on TV? Under the eyes of millions of Italian people? How do you call this if not "blatantly burning objects"?
When I will se you in person, #283, possibly when you come to visit our terminal wall, I will tell you what we think about Felix, the "skygod" (as he defined himself after the landing after the wingsuit flight on the beach "on the other part", wingsuit jump (I guess) made in the days of his unhappy exploit on OUR tower... "Hey ladies, here the real man has just landed", forget that if it were not for the help of his right hand pushing against ground, he would have fallen down on his "real man" landing...).
We do our things quite quietly, the normal population hardly knows about our existence, until Felix shows up with his Red Bull team and his photographers and his TV crew and puts on TV high profile objects being jumped!!!
Thanks so much, Felix!!!!!
I understand he is sponsored and the büllshit that comes out his mouth is to make his sponsor happy, fine with that (even if PDG was a much nicer and much more serious guy), but please, if he wants to get videos of his jumps with TV crew and show it to half world, please, stay in Austria.
Thanks!!!! B|
We don't need any skygod here in Italy, and moreover, we don't need any burning of our objects, granted they are NOT so many... B|
Thanks again for your understanding!!!!! B|
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

Hi #689,

Ø Felix has not burned anything for some years
What what what what what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

a. You took my statement out of context.
· BASE 689 snipped “Felix has not burned anything for some years”.
· Space posted “AFAIK, Felix has not burned anything for some years”.
· “AFAIK” means “As Far As I Know”.
· “As Far As I Know, Felix has not burned anything for some years,” was my statement.
· In no way is this a factual statement. Sorry if it was not clear.

b. What do you mean by “burn”?
· Old School definition; to jump an object in a way that restricts others from accessing/jumping it the same way that they had been jumping it before.
· The criteria needs;
a. a regularly jumped object
b. Jumpers that can not jump it as before, i.e. new security measures as a direct result of the burner´s action(s).
c. A definite time period when the new measures took effect, effecting the object´s other jumpers.

c. Things that have no bearing on the matter;
· High or low profile. High Profile objects are normally non burnable as security or danger is very high.
· Publicity. 3 Jumpers jumped “Torre del Plaza” in an Italian town, they were heroes when it was publicized. They were not considered to be burning.
· What the media says. Check out this link http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=695253;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread Ummmm….why is the identifier “Real” in “Real TV” used? As opposed to what? Fake TV.

d. Television is for entertainment. Never ask it for facts, only ask it to entertain you. One must search for facts themselves.
· Felix has spoken to me about the incident you speak of. There were no Pretending Police, He was busted and used his last publicized jump as a “get out of jail free” card.
· You wrote; “Such a high profile object put on TV? Under the eyes of millions of Italian people? How do you call this if not "blatantly burning objects"?
· My answer is that this was “blatantly allowing publicizing of the jumping of an object”. If this is a crime, then Felix must pay. If he actually burned it, What are the access changes and are the jumpers (if any), that had been jumping it, affected?
· You wrote; “Perhaps Kinaa is not capable to tell you the date“,
Ø Exactly. I think he is just playing the follower,
So now is the Dilemma.
How is Felix to jump within the community if no one will cooperate with him?
Let me know #689.

Hopefully in Nov I will visit,
Take care,
space

Perhaps he should have thought about that before he began antagonizing locals all over the world?

Let's see if we can get some South Africans to post on this thread, shall we?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Near where I live, there is an easily accessed object. Some people that jump it pack at the base of it under cover of darkness. Recently, a group of people parked cars at the base and packed in the light of the cars headlamps. It lit up the base of the object for any one near there to see. These lucky folks did this on a day where no patrol was in the area. I've seen some form of patrol near there many times. In fact I saw patrol near there the very next day. We waited for them to do their rounds and all was well.

It's simple to not be seen there. But as blatant as these folks were, was way over the top.

Here's how I look at it.

They jump, pack jump again, some one sees them but they leave before they are caught. Now the place is under surveilance. I show up there in the dark but can't see the patrol since they are now hiding. They nab me. I get busted and fined and such.

Technically it's not burned cuz it would still be accessable. But it should have never been brought to anyones attention in the first place. It would cost me bundles to deal with it. Since some one was caught on the object, the people who caused it to be hot in the first place would come back and be very careful to not be seen having a good laugh at how lucky they were.

Note, I wasn't caught, it's just an example. The part about the headlights is true. I talked with these folks at a later date and they didn't seem receptive, but i'll just hope they were.

Get the point?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

> What do you mean by “burn”?
Space, my friend, don’t hurt my intelligence, please, don’t go too subtle here. Felix is a foreigner that shows up in foreign (for him) nations and foreign BASE sites and shows up with ground crew, TV crew, photographer, whatever. WE DO NOT LIKE THAT. Full stop. We do not show up in Austria jumping “sensitive” objects in day time.

If you tell me: “#689, you know, we (myself, Felix, the rest of crew) get some money from Redbull, we still need to live somehow…”, it’s OK, I can understand, still I don’t like showing up with all that “advertisement”, but I can understand what money can do.
But then, again, if you set up a very long discussion putting in background the story of money and trying to put a lot of words down to say that the object perhaps is not regularly jumped, TV is for entertainment, and all the rest of bs, please, it is an insult to my intelligence.

Let’s answer point per point as follows.

> a regularly jumped object
Now, how regularly and how often the object is being jumped, sorry, it is NOT a Felix’s business. He is NOT a local. “Respect the local” rule. All this showing up with fanfare simply creates attention where it is not needed and when it is not necessary. Burning? Technically speaking, we would discuss for hours what “burning” means, for sure all this showing up makes the object WAY HOTTER. Clear enough?

> Jumpers that can not jump it as before, i.e. new security measures as a direct result of the burner´s action(s).
Ah, again, definitely it is hotter, police being smashed in the face (if it is the case, see after…), for sure will give a much more alert eye to the object.

High or low profile. High Profile objects are normally non burnable as security or danger is very high.
Ah, again too subtle to justify Felix’s actions. For me, high profile means an object that cannot be jumped in full daylight, and, moreover, evident difficulties arising from both exposure and difficulty in the “first part” climb.

Ummmm….why is the identifier “Real” in “Real TV” used? As opposed to what? Fake TV.
Space, DO NOT, please, INSULT ME AND MY INTELLIGENCE. “Real TV” is just the name of an Italian TV program that shows video shot by “amateurs” to millions of Italian people. Full stop. Then if people think it is fake or not is simply irrelevant, just because the site in question is very real.

> Felix has spoken to me about the incident you speak of. There were no Pretending Police,
Space, please, DO NOT INSULT ME AND MY INTELLIGENCE. I don’t believe you about “pretending police”. The gate is ALWAYS closed . Full stop. It can only be open for some “maintenance, but in this case “maintenance” people are inside and so you cannot do anything, they would all over the place. And you are coming to me telling me that Felix, coming from Austria that particular day, BY CHANCE found the gate open, he simply entered and climbed up?!?!?!?!?!?!? Do you think I am so stupid?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? And how did Felix manage to get his “not-so-fit-as-Felix” videographer (no offence here) up to the “first part” of climb WITHOUT a quite long ladder being brought inside the area? Do you think Italian people being all blind?!?!?!?!?!?!?
But let’s consider the remote case in which he really did NOT get any permit and managed to enter the open gate: first, this event (of showing up from Austria and finding the gate open with NO people inside) has one probability out of one billion, and then, my dear, would it be the case out of a billion, would you jump it at 10 a.m.? Or 11 a.m. that could have been? How would you call to jump in full broad daylight?!?!?!?!? Àsshòlish, I would say. Please, Felix, stay in your country. Thanks.
It is simply not possible

> My answer is that this was “blatantly allowing publicizing of the jumping of an object”. If this is a crime, then Felix must pay
Again, do not insult me. But which crime are you talking about?!?!?!?!?!? There is nothing to “pay”, there is no crime committed, simply “burning” (sorry if I don’t spend half an hour to define what burning EXACTLY means…) an object.

He was busted and used his last publicized jump as a “get out of jail free” card.

Do you think that in our country, with all the number of policemen invoilved there, a “get out of jail free card” can be spent someway somehow?!?!?!?!? What do you think Italy is?

NEVER. Never in a millions years. As long as Felix will show up with TV crew, photographers, whatever, jumping in broad daylight object that for “high profile” reasons (sorry, again, if I don’t spend half an hour to define in a better way what “high profile” means…), he will never have the cooperation, neither of us poor Italian BASE chaps nor the ones of any other nation.
He gets the money (I am NOT jealous, I have my own life of which I am quite satisfied) and while doing so (jumping daylight, ground and TV crew, bla bla bla…) he “burns” objects, and we should cooperate?!?!?!?!? Do you think we are stupid?!?!?!?!?!?
For us poor folks down here BASE is a game, is a pastime, is a hobby, is a very important part of our life, a way of living (even if we do not make a living out of it), is a way of thinking, is an enormous way to express our freedom to jump an object, it is right of our to jump OUR objects and to keep discreet the BASE jumping activity, is a way to give and share happiness to out foreign brothers and sisters (whom we share the happiness, simply wanting back their “respect” and to “use” our objects EXACTLY how we “use” them) and then Mr. Felix-the-skygod-I-get-pay-to-jump-and-burn-your-objects” shows up and burns out object?
Please, Felix, stay in Austria. Do jump and do burn whatever you like. In your homecountry, thanks. Each to his own. Thanks.

Closing this post, I say again: if you tell me: “#689, you know, we (myself, Felix, the rest of crew) get some money from Redbull, we still need to live somehow…”, it’s OK, I can understand, still I don’t like showing up with all that “advertisement”, but I can understand what money can do. Don’t try to put down tons of words trying to stir the situation up, talking about frequency of jumps off a certain site and similar bs.
Simply be honest and talk about money.

With no offence on you, because I think you are a great chap and a great BASE jump instructor (possibly one of the best in the world).
And to close this post really down, we are NOT jealous of Felix and honestly we all think that Felix is a good BASE jumper indeed. Simply we want to keep our objects as they are. With no “burning” and not TV crew. Thanks
See you soon at our terminal wall.
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

I've split this off from the "Crane" thread, as it appears to be diverging. It's pretty interesting stuff, and worth noting by the aspiring BASE jumper.

There are several "high profile" jumpers running around, doing TV shows and stunts. Felix is definitely the worst received of these in the BASE world, deservedly or not.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Felix is definitely the worst received of these in the BASE world

JV could give him a good run for his money.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Do you really think I am insulting your intelligence?
One of my students just recovered one of your locals parachute from a cliff... who is in power here? Heli rescue.. It was not Felix, It was an unprepared jumper. hahaha.
attack me, better we PM. later. cya.
take care,
space..

I think we should send Felix to Atlanta. Heat up the tar! I've never met the guy, but he seems to constantly piss off jumpers with what can only be called selfish acts in the name of self promotion. Felix is not a base jumper, rather a paid promotional jumper for whom base ehtics clearly don't apply. I personlly think Felix is a punk considering what I've read of him. Teach that punk some manners!

Any of this might be OK if he did something even remotely groundbreaking, but he mostly does publically what others have quietly done years before and then proclaims himself SKYGOD!

Bad kitty!

Felix is definitely the worst received of these in the BASE world

JV could give him a good run for his money.

Funky funky, John was my student also......

Quote:

Perfect. Now Felix can jump them and tell everyone that he has opened Croatia up for BASE! Smile for the camera kitty. :P

but he mostly does publically what others have quietly done years before and then proclaims himself SKYGOD!

I got to agree with that, but what bugs me most are the whuffos who come running to me to tell me about this nutcase who has jumped this first & that first, and eluded the authorities and reamins at large...and ohhh....you should have seen it... :|

I realize this guy has a living to make, i like to think i have stronger ethics, maybe he could deliver mail or something instead.

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

OK, I'll bite :

This wasn't even a BASE jump it was an ultralow hop n pop over a beach full of people in Cape Town that annoyed the locals.

A) Did Felix get permission from the South African aviation authorities for this demo?
B) If something had gone wrong on this jump innocent people on the beach could've been hurt. This would not have been a victimless crime.

Then he pulled a similar stunt in the Netherlands only this time it was over an outdoor concert. Same as above :

A) Was permission received from the Dutch aviation authorities for this demo?
B) What if something had gone wrong with that crowd beneath?

Do you appreciate that both these stunts could cause problems for skydivers wanting to do demos in future? I'm glad you are posting here Space because perhaps you can clear these up for us. For these jumps to be a victimless crime surely there should be no possibility of any innocent victims getting hurt?

Will

PS and yes I heard the story of the burnt B in Cape Town but since I don't know specifics I won't go into that.

Yo Tree,
Nice to see you kickin.
Never joke to the press. it will follow you around like a darkshadow. Felix seemed to be annoyed that the press did not publish his other joke proclimation of "I want to be pasted on the 500 Euro note". It is and was only a joke that haunts him...

"I watched him strap on his harness and helmet, climb into the cockpit and, minutes later, a black dot falls off the wing two thousand feet above our field. At almost the same instant, a while streak behind him flowered out into the delicate wavering muslin of a parachute -- a few gossamer yards grasping onto air and suspending below them, with invisible threads, a human life, and man who by stitches, cloth, and cord, had made himself a god of the sky for those immortal moments. "
--Charles Lindbergh

take care and all thats not allowed,
space

Hi Tree,
Felix or Ich piss off no one. That is truly the choice of the whiner, whether to take offense or not, "selfish acts in the name of self promotion" Yep, I try to get him to see that promoting me is the way to go.....promote me before you.
The Press has repeatedly misquoted Felix. is he a dork for this? or is the Press. Get a life.
take care
space

I think we should send Felix to Atlanta. Heat up the tar! I've never met the guy, but he seems to constantly piss off jumpers with what can only be called selfish acts in the name of self promotion. Felix is not a base jumper, rather a paid promotional jumper for whom base ehtics clearly don't apply. I personlly think Felix is a punk considering what I've read of him. Teach that punk some manners!

Any of this might be OK if he did something even remotely groundbreaking, but he mostly does publically what others have quietly done years before and then proclaims himself SKYGOD!
Give an example. exactly stating what you surmise.
challenge... take care ,
space

Quote:

Perfect. Now Felix can jump them and tell everyone that he has opened Croatia up for BASE! Smile for the camera kitty. :P

Come on man, It´s a freakin joke you journalistic freak.
take care,
space

Please don´t insult meeeee.
There were no pretend police. deal with it. Or Pretend that they (Policia) love felix more than you. How many jumpers were burned as a result of Felix´s actions? Not How many ego´s were burned.
take care and step over the ego please.
space