BASE813

Quickest time for BASE

Just curious................ and I am sure this was once on BLINC - but cant find it - anyone know the quickest time (reported / heard of) that someone has jumped B A S E? (not for their number but for kicks!! :P)

I believe the record is just under three hours. 2:54 comes to mind, but that might just be something I'm making up.

I know that the BASE in a day thing has been done by numerous groups. The first one I know of was in the early 90's. I believe the fastest one was in the Pacific Northwest. The coolest, in my opinion, was in Arizona, where they did things like flying from one object to the next, skydiving onto the top, then grabbing BASE rigs and hopping off.

Let me see if I can find more info.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

The late Dr Nik, DJ and I completed BASE in 1 hour 53 minutes a couple of years ago.
There was nothing really remarkable or notable about it because the four objects were so close together.

During the process we got lost (wasting at least 15 minutes), had to repack one of Nik's rigs and had to wait for a security guard to leave. Plus we had some wind issues with the building which resulted in wasted time as we participated in the: "Is it safe enough to jump?" debate. We were pretty disorganized to say the least.

With 4 packed rigs and much better planning and execution you could probably do it in around 1:20 no problem. Less than 1 hour would be possible if everything went absolutely perfect, you drove like hell, had no traffic, and geared up inside the car as you were driven from one site to another.

Mostly though it was a pointless pet trick performed to alleviate the monotony of regular BASE jumping (and to annoy the Arizona guys who had just broken the record a week before with 3.5 hours).