harri

Smoking Pants?

Ahhh, I see!!:)
Thanks for that.

I wonder how they'd do in skydiving when you exit a plane and you already have all that speed....
www.motavi.com

I wonder how they'd do in skydiving when you exit a plane and you already have all that speed....

Only got one skydive with them. A couple of unintended flips in the exit, but then a looong flight. Jumped with a ProTrack and it recorded 99sec from 13.000feet, pulling altitude 2500feet.:D I think the average speed was something like 74mph.

Smokeman
See what I'm saying? Thats what I'm saying! What am I saying? I DON'T KNOW!!

Holy guacamole! You should change your login to Smokeman!! B|

I wonder what will happen if you make the holes bigger??
www.motavi.com

Thanks TomAiello, cpoxon, 'Smokeman'. Nice pants, nice pictures. I think I have to get back into habit of smoking, at least for one cigarette. ;) I am going to make a pair and give them a try from a plane.

Do you have your shoes inside the pants? Like in kind of booties? In the Smokeman's picture the pants are (taped?) tight at ankles. Could it be possible to get more forward 'power' that way?

-Harri-

Hey Atle and CPoxon

I'd like to include this "design" into a presentation on design and six sigma process variation. Are these pics public domain?

Maybe you can drop me a line to discuss...I'd like to give credit where it's due (and it's most certainly due here)

Awesome stuff.

[email protected]
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Hey Skin,

No credit due here, I just shot some video. The Smoking Man is the deserving one. But yes, you are free to use the screen grabs as you please if Atle doesn't mind.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

I'd like to include this "design" into a presentation on design and six sigma process variation. Are these pics public domain?

I don´t mind... But I´m interested in your presentation. Can you tell me about it?
[email protected]

Smokeman
See what I'm saying? Thats what I'm saying! What am I saying? I DON'T KNOW!!

Outstanding!

I've mirrored this file to SkydivingMovies.com

I used QuickTime to play this but it was a bit jerky. Anyone know where I can get an mp4v codec for use with Media Player?

Outstanding!

I used QuickTime to play this but it was a bit jerky. Anyone know where I can get an mp4v codec for use with Media Player?

Have som probs with playing .mp4 files too, but
I just renamed it to .mpg (after it has d'loaded) and it plays nice in my mediaplayer. Got most codecs installed though

--------------------------------------------------
http://www.oslobase.no

Is there any reinforcement around the holes to keep it from tearing? I imagine that a suddenly torn pant leg would make for bad news.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I imagine the heat would sear/melt the edges of the holes, especially in a man-made materials like nylon. [:/]

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

I think someone spoke of sewing grommets onto the pants as holes. That's what I intend to do with my rain pants I have collecting mildew in my hiking backpack. I'm not that great a tracker, but after I make them I'll give ya'll a report! Will be good to see how a "newbie" can handle them.

(strictly in a skydiving environment at this point :()

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Is there any reinforcement around the holes to keep it from tearing? I imagine that a suddenly torn pant leg would make for bad news.

I used grommets in mine. I put about 15 in the front of the pants and they worked really well until the seam in the right leg gave out. It tore out about 2 feet of the leg. I didn't have any stability problems. In fact I didn't know they tore out until I landed. That was only the second skydive on them. Pretty weak. I'm going to reinforce all of the seams on the next pair.

This might be of interest to UK jumpers.

I bought a pair of bike rain pants from this place. Only cost £18 (inc. P+P). What the ad doesn't say (and I was very pleased to discover) is that the pants have two layers. So, I have just burnt the holes in the outer layer. The lower legs also unzip to give a nice big '70s style flare (ie where they unzip there is more fabric the leg isn't exposed).

The fabric quality and stitching _seems_ good - I'll try them out this weekend at the DZ and give some feedback next week.

Will

so if you guys had to make a rule of number of skydives before you could safely try one of these...what number would you give??

im not planning to rush into anything but damn, these sound awesome!
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."