lazyfrog

fatality in switzerland

also posted it in incidents forum...

Base-jump: un Français de 36 ans se tue dans l'Oberland bernois
LAUTERBRUNNEN - Un Français âgé de 36 ans s'est tué lundi en pratiquant le base-jumping dans l'Oberland bernois. Son parachute s'est d'abord ouvert correctement, avant d'effectuer une rotation de 180 degrés et de projeter l'homme contre la paroi rocheuse.
[ats] - Il a ensuite chuté dans le vide, a précisé la police cantonale bernoise. Début juin, deux autres adeptes de ce sport extrême avaient été grièvement blessés lors d'un saut près de Lauterbrunnen (BE).

Le "base jump" est une forme de parachutisme qui consiste à se jeter dans le vide depuis un bâtiment, une antenne, un pont ou une falaise. Ce sport à risque est né aux Etats-Unis.

was on monday in lauterbrunnen, 180 on opening, return to obstacle...

condoleances to family and friends
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

any that can translate..
fly free Bro

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

babelfish translation - not so good, but gets the point across:

___begin___
Base-jump: a 36 year old French kills himself in Oberland bernois LAUTERBRUNNEN - a 36 years old French killed Monday as a practitioner base-base-jumping in Oberland bernois. Its parachute initially opened correctly, before carrying out a rotation of 180 degrees and projecting the man against the rock face. [ ATS ] - It then fell in the vacuum, specified the cantonal police force bernoise. At the beginning of June, two other followers of this extreme sport had been seriously wounded at the time of a jump close to Lauterbrunnen (BE). The "base jump" is a form of parachuting which consists in jumping into space since a building, an antenna, a bridge or a cliff. This sport at the risk was born in the United States.
___end___

Condolences to the jumper's friends and family.

bsbd,
Gardner

condolences, brother

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Fuck

Condolences to jumpers friends, family, the French crew and the suisse crew..............

Peace out

Sad news for all. Good thoughts and condolences from the canine crew in Vancouver BC.

The article (if my French is still working) suggests that two other jumpers have been seriously injured in Lauterbrunnen since June ("[d]ébut juin, deux autres adeptes de ce sport extrême avaient été grièvement blessés lors d'un saut près de Lauterbrunnen").

Peace,

D-d0g
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

Condolences to family and friends.

Anyone know the name of the jumper or more details? We were just there last week and have our fingers crossed that it wasn't one of our friends...

Condolences to the jumper's friends & family. :(

BSBD

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Hello,
It's not that I don't understand your sentiment,
it's just that I find it rather selfish.
It most certainly was someone elses friend,
possibly someone's son, father, lover, mate......
When ANY base jumper goes in, I am saddened.
We are ALL brothers and sisters.
It's a sensitive issue,
please make comments with respect to the family
and friends of our fallen base bro,
whoever he is.
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com