cjr184

LOOKING FOR HELP!

I really want to get into BASE, however I can't seem to find any helpful guidance in my area. I currently have a little over 700 skydives (not like thats really a lot!), and I live in eastern PA. I was supposed to go to Bridge Day last year but unfortunately my trip got cancelled at the last minute:(.

Anyway, if anyone could help me out with some advice and maybe a few contacts I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
"I'm like a superhero...with no powers or motivation."

Have you asked around your dropzone to see if anyone knows any local BASE jumpers? Try to get a contact or two and touch base (no pun intended) with them about learning & ground crewing.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

My home dropzone is very small and no one is into BASE whatsoever. I have met a know a few jumpers from out of state, however I am trying to find someone a little closer to my location. However, it currently seems like that may not be possible. Any other suggestions?

Try going to the larger DZ's within a few hours like Cross Keys or the Ranch they are close to Eastern PA and they have BASE jumpers. Go up there for a weekend and ask around.
Get used to traveling a lot in BASE because for the most part the really sweet sites as well as most jumpers are usually hours and hours away.:(

I was taken around to some sites in Eastern PA a few years ago, by a very friendly local. I know he's on some Fixed! video, and we found him by random BASE board posting. How hard are you looking?

I don't have contact info for him, but maybe you ought to ask BASE 428, who lives relatively close (WV) and is on this board regularly.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

That's BASE 729, who lives in Philly. He's a great guy and I'm sure he'll show you around again. You can contact him at [email protected]. If his email gets bounced this weekend, just wait a few days as he and I are moving our domains to new servers.

Have fun.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it and hopefully I'll see some of you at BDB|