ebluesky

You... and you alone?!?

I simply had no realization of what I was getting into until I was there...

I like that! ;)

I once climbed to the top with my mentor (close to 400 jumps), the conditions couldn't have been better. I exited first, after about 10 minutes of hesitation. Quite frankly I was scared. Well I landed, and waited, and waited, for him to go. After what seemed like an eternity, his canopy broke the dead silence of the cool winter night.

Once on the ground and securing our gear, I was amazed to hear him say "I was scared too".

There are gonna be those times when it just does not feel right. If it don't, don't do it. No shame, just back down.

Rod

Just the usual charming non-PC insult us European types throw at each other all the time without meaning it.

hehehe yup... well i guess Mac dont take it to hard as he calls me the same all the time,by pure freindly joke.

Well i hope so,if not i guess i will be beated up this summer by him and other European Jumpers:ph34r::D:ph34r:

only the things about he is old,fat and lazy should be taken serious,as its facts(but ofcours only in freindly manner:ph34r::D;))

Back to tread;)

im looking forward to get some jumps whith other jumpers this summer,i know its the way to learn more.and im sure its way more fun than being alone in a tower all the time.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

***you guys definitely have my admiration... I backed down from my first tower tonight. ***

Don't be in a rush to do a solo jump. When you jump with friends go last. See how you feel about being the last one off the object. If it spooks you then you are probably not ready to solo. No big deal. I made my first solo on my 69th jump. (Guess you could say I done a solo 69 :)
C-Ya
"When it comes to BASE, I'll never give advice, only my opinion"

I applaud you for having the guts to back down, I dont think once I get to my first jump I would back down (barring bad weather) because Im progressively getting more and more pumped. Just a question though, why did you want to do it from 333 feet instead of 1000? I have never BASE jumped before, but I would think the 1000 foot jump would be a LOT safer. Longer delay, more seperation from object...Or am I missing something?

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

I dont think once I get to my first jump I would back down (barring bad weather) because Im progressively getting more and more pumped.

Heh heh... Wait until you're at the exit point and you feel like puking and your knees are wobbling... it's ALL good!

Wait until you're at the exit point and you feel like puking and your knees are wobbling...

That and when you swing your leg over the railing for the first time. ;) MAN was I scared! B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Wait until you're at the exit point and you feel like puking and your knees are wobbling...

That and when you swing your leg over the railing for the first time. ;) MAN was I scared! B|

Hahaha.. So there I was, standing near the edge of an object i've already been off of twice, looking down at the street in perfect conditions, I finally tossed the pilot chute on the ground stripped the rig from my back and put it away... WHEW!!! ...did I feel better...
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I dont think once I get to my first jump I would back down (barring bad weather) because Im progressively getting more and more pumped.

Thats one of the things you´ll need to control before you start jumping.No one want to be the freind of you left alone at a exit becours you jumped when you shouldnt.

Its all about mind control.bwaaa i got it in my mind i got, it in my mind please help me:ph34r::D

I dont know if slider off or slider on is most safe,they both have their ups and downs.and why i would jump the 333ft instead of 1000ft?well:
Im lazy
i like slider off jumps
sliders scares me
becours i dont like spending my time in the tower instead of drinking beers

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

You guys crack me up w/ the "guts to back down" thing... t'weren't no thang... This must be one of those girl/guy differences (viva those!).

OK, re the 300footer... 1. It's what I had in mind all day. We talked about it and drew diagrams, so it was pretty real for me. 2. The small A was a nothing physical climb (stairs!). 3. I was packed slider off (tho, of course, there'd be no prob doing a <3 sec on the bigger tower w/ that setup). 4. There I was at the base of that big A... It was... just... so... BIG! (eh, I just threw that in here b/c you guys like to hear that ;o).

I dont know if slider off or slider on is most safe,they both have their ups and downs

I've been told that slider off is more simple, less complicated... introduces fewer variables into the opening sequence so it increases the liklihood of on-heading openings... reduces the chance for line-over mals w/ use of the tailgate....

Please, tho, someone set me straight if I've got this wrong!

Yea, as a result of this one sitch, freedom now means having the same alacrity w/ "no" as I do w/ "yes."

Dude, you're so experienced... when did your walk-away happen?

[QUOTE]
becours i dont like spending my time in the tower instead of drinking beers
[/QUOTE]

Point taken :P

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...