TomAiello

"Biggest Mistakes" Thread

Here is a great BLiNC thread, that I strongly recommend to every BASE jumper--especially students.

Give it a read, if you get a chance. The life you save may be your own.

Thanks Skreamer!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Man, I can still remember Nathan's (field packed rig) jump like it was yesterday. With maybe two cells inflated and spiraling down.....straight down...at about 60 mph into the talus. The good Lord smiled down upon him that day.

Let's not forget another field packed rig that was jumped in mid-October in the mid 90's. The water saved him.

I think we all have interesting stories to tell about a particular day we almost bought the farm......
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Man, I can still remember Nathan's (field packed rig) jump like it was yesterday.

Me too. I remember blazing down the dirt road back toward civilization at 70 mph, my truck bouncing up and down, stopping every few minutes to stand on top of the truck and see if I had cell reception yet. It's not an experience I want to repeat any time soon.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I'll always remember the day I broke both of my legs while learning spit and the human body doesn’t react to the wind in the same way . . .

Nick
BASE 194

That is a Nice tread Tom.Its really a tread that should be readed belong whith the black list before you start BASEjumping.I actualy think i will write my storry there aswell,it could migth bring up more storyes,or prevent somthing.

Good job there:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I tried to start a new thread like that a while back on Blinc but didn't get many replies. Perhaps we could start another thread like it here. Who would be willing to post their stories?

I'm still to scared to admit my biggest mistake. The mere thought of it gives me chills.

Any time you want to learn how to break both legs the right way you just give me a call ;)

Red, White and Blue Skies,

John T. Brasher D-5166

Wow -- I feel as if we are having an accident reunion here.

I too will not forget that day. I was laying over the edge along with Bru** to study the winds (which were a little squirelly) when Nathan went charging off the edge. The seconds that ensued were pretty horrifying...

And of course, our group rescue effort over the next couple of hours...

Just as a word for all the perspective young BASE jumpers out there...always strive to be prepared and have the tools necessary to react to an accident, because if you're in this sport long enough, you will be around when it happens.

C-ya,

Bryan