Rdutch

???? Jumping

this all kinda makes me laugh in away! these Americans saying how hard it is to get into BASE - no one will help you - its too much of a clique - count yourselves lucky and stop moaning - in the UK there are not a great deal of BASE jumpers not a great deal of "easy" sites - not a great deal of forthcoming help - but with enough effort and hunger (without going out and just doing it!) you can start to live your dreams. it takes a lot of time and effort - alot of knock backs and times where you never see the light at the end of the tunnel - but if you really want it - you put your head down stop bitching and work hard for it! - you will then find yourself at the exit - wondering why you are there!!! hehehehehehe :S

just my late sunday tired arsed ramblings!!!!

:$

ps) guinea pigs are just as hard to "get into"

Thank you, kokaneegirl- three excellent informational sites- for any who wish to pursue BASE, all are great info sources for BASE newbies--
I'm really very gentle, no matter what my kung-fu teacher says... he is giving me a reputation I do not deserve!

They seemed cliquey. But who cares. They were awesome in that they wouldn't encourage anybody to take it up. If they saw somebody that shouldn't do it, they are plane asses. That is a good thing.

I am still deep in the "do i really want the associated risk that comes along with being a good, active, safe, level headed BASE jumper". I have not started BASE jumping but have a very strong desire to. I would prefer the sport to be more difficult to break into, meaning, I better damn well be ready for the risks associated to it to spend the amount of time learning and progressing. I would rather my mentor's and friends that I learn from as my time in the sport progresses to rediculously redicule everything I do to my rig, to my exits, to my landings, etc - rather than it be too easy of a sport to get into. This is what I ask of any partner I travel into high avalanche danger areas with, this is what I ask of someone when I'm on rope with them because the risks are HUGE in these types of sports for incorrect decisions. My bottom line point is, the closed-ness one might assume of the participants of BASE jumping is really not that at all, it is a direct benefit to the sport because those with a true desire to be a part of the sport must spend quite a bit of time to learn it correctly and learn ones limits.

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

would everybody agree that skydiving is just as, or more dangerous than BASE? i hear a lot of "aw, dude, this is really dangerous stuff here" anytime anyone launches their body off of, or out of anything, it's dangerous, common sense. sure BASE jumping is complex, but it's not "rocket science" neither is sky diving, can't be, i've got over 500 dives without an injury and only one cut-away/reserve ride. i'd say i'm safe.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

i've got over 500 dives without an injury and only one cut-away/reserve ride. i'd say i'm safe.

Complacency kills!

thats the different.In skydive you have a major safemargen,in Base you dont.If you think your safe in BASE,youll better quit,before you die or get serius injuried.
by the way i have 500+skydives 30 BASEjumps and 3injuries,one major(in my leg at the time,from BASE).i have 4 reserve rides.Yes i fell skydive is safe,but BASE aint!!!
http://www.vertical-visions.com/27xrays.htm

http://juliabell.home.att.net/

try have a look at theese sites

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

i would not jump an illegal site

ok............. get back to us on that when you do start base and get a few jumps in!!! :P

phukq im bored - may have to break out the guinea pigs soon!!!!! skin you got the new shipment in yet!!! - the special ones! the local ones!!! "we will have no trouble here!!!!" I can I cant!!!

B|B|B|B|B|B|

500+skydives 30 BASEjumps and 3injuries,one major(in my leg at the time,from BASE).i have 4 reserve rides.

faber your skydiving packing sucks! so there is a reason for your reserve rides!!!! and your arms are SO long that when you flare you hook the toggle under your shoe - so there is a reason for your BASE injury!!!!! - :D:D:D:D

my advice - get shorter arms (ronnie corbet has a spare set) and dont be tight and pay someone to pack for you!!!

Cya soon back in the air!!!!!!

PS) your g/f given up smoking yet????? ;)

...skydiving is just as, or more dangerous than BASE?

Not even close. Skydiving is about an order of magnitude less dangerous than BASE.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

ha ha ha:ph34r::D:ph34r:
Nope i just want to tjek my gear,like others here around;)

when you flare you hook the toggle under your shoe

:ph34r::D

get shorter arms

nope then i wont be abel to catch you:P

if i see youin mid air ill cut away and get out of that BAD dream fast:ph34r:,well unless you insist to buy a beer after jumping

well my gf,has stoped smoking for a week or so(3days to go,and counting).I just love the smell of .... well not:(

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

would everybody agree that skydiving is just as, or more dangerous than BASE? i hear a lot of "aw, dude, this is really dangerous stuff here" anytime anyone launches their body off of, or out of anything, it's dangerous, common sense. sure BASE jumping is complex, but it's not "rocket science" neither is sky diving, can't be, i've got over 500 dives without an injury and only one cut-away/reserve ride. i'd say i'm safe.

well you can spend a weekend skydiving and to be honest generally shut off from the risks you are taking with skydiving - when was the last time you assessed - i mean really assessed the risks you were about to take? Honestly I would say most skydives I do I go into auto pilot and they just happen – you laugh you fall you land!!! Wohoo!!!! - cause you can afford to do that - no disrespect! I do the same thing - Cant say I remember a BASE jump being like that!!!:S:$

funny thourgth:
a smokin guinea pig:ph34r::o,im on video if you preformB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

thanks Stephen! cool sites. i think both activities present the equal amount of dangers, albeit different types of dangers. i'm not trying to take anything away from you jumpers. skydiving presents dangers that generally don't exists in base in the form of number of jumpers in the sky at one time, crowed landing areas, canopy traffic, etc...and of course we know all too well the dangers that are associated with base jumping that do not exists in skydiving. there are more fatalities in skydiving each year vs. base, why? because there are more skydives being made. if the same amount of base jumps were being made, would the fatality rate vs. jump numbers be the same, or would they differ? and in my opinion skydiving or base jumping are safe, and should not be anticipated to be.
--Richard--

you fall you land!!! Wohoo!!!!

i do that on each time on a BASE,but i say yeehaa instead:P

Cant say I remember a BASE jump being like that!!!

becours your a wimp,you have to open your eyes:ph34r:

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

skydiving presents dangers that generally don't exists in base in the form of number of jumpers in the sky at one time, crowed landing areas, canopy traffic, etc

shit man dont think i could handle that danger! i aint skydiving again!!! i did not realise the dangers involved!!!! i am off to grab the nearest guninea pig and grease it up with swarfeega (sp?)

:ph34r:

PS) i am not an expert and all postings from here onwards should be taken with pinch of salt as red wine is starting to take effect and the guninea pig is now warm from 3 mins in the microwave!!!!

B|

if the same amount of base jumps were being made, would the fatality rate vs. jump numbers be the same, or would they differ

there would be a huge differ.Sorry to say but i think thats becours theres too many smartass.
I dont want to step at anyone(besides Mac),i were one of thouse aswell.I got an injuri from a hook,i had 2 reserverides becours i were a badass that wanted to get back up in the air(sloppy pack job as Mac said:$).That aint alowed in BASE.
I uasaly use 45-60min to pack my BASE gear(yes D-Dog i know its a long time;)),and if im not happy of it,ill pull it out and start all over.You need to know the limit in BASE,as you have to in skydive,but theres a big differens
Im just a newbie in that sport,but already before i started jumping i found out that you cant just jump off a object.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

you fall you land!!! Wohoo!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i do that on each time on a BASE,but i say yeehaa instead

cause you want to be a cowboy!!!!!

Cant say I remember a BASE jump being like that!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To

becours your a wimp,you have to open your eyes

thats what your G/f says when i am hiding in your wardrobe!!!! ;)

thats what your G/f says when i am hiding in your wardrobe!!!!

what are you doing in thre?you dont have to hide,you get a chair and beer while you can watch me finish the smokin job:ph34r:

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

In Reply To

thats what your G/f says when i am hiding in your wardrobe!!!!

what are you doing in thre?you dont have to hide,you get a chair and beer while you can watch me finish the smokin job

ah cool!!! but i have to shut my eyes! i cant watch you touching the woman i love!!!!! ;);););)

I would completely disagree with this statement. Skydiving is not nearly as dangerous and unforgiving as BASE jumping.

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

I would seriously rethink your views on BASE. It is so much more complicated that skydiving. You must possess perfect subterminal launch skills, canopy flight skills, rigging and packing skills, just to name a few.There is little to no margin for error if you mis-judge or fail to perform in a near perfect manner on most technical jumps. Skydiving and BASE are related, but not even close to the same sports. If you've never seen a jump in person, or gone out to an exit point with someone, you should check it out some time. The span up in the central US is a good place to see. When you walk out on to the span, all you can think about is that this is about the height you normally start your turn into final when skydiving.
With minimal working altitude on may jumps, as well as object strike potential, tight dangerous landing areas with carnage zones on all four sides, remoteness of jump sights,wind gust potential, lack of a reserve(much less the altitude to use one ), add to that the potential bust factor on some sites, the differences clearly make BASE a much much more potentially dangerous sport.
Just my .02
Jay Epstein Ramirez
www.adrenalineexploits.com

there are plenty of legal sites

If you know of a single legal site in Texas I'd sure like to know where it is, because I haven't been able to find any. Not like that's stopped me from jumping. :P

I'm in total agreement with Thomas. If you really want to be an active, experienced (and, though I hate to use the word, safe) BASE jumper in the US, you pretty much have to accept that you will need to do the vast majority of your jumps illegally. Knowing that, you also have to accept the very real possibility that you will be arrested or at the very least accosted by landowners or their security.

I can't speak for anyone else, but part of the appeal of BASE for me is the sneaking around. Finding and assessing a site, getting in, making a jump & getting out (hopefully) undetected.

would everybody agree that skydiving is just as, or more dangerous than BASE?

I can't believe I'm actually reading this.

sure BASE jumping is complex, but it's not "rocket science"

Actually in some ways it is. If you read this forum or blinc, you'll find that the discussions are extremely detailed and technical. BASE jumpers, at least the ones I've met and corresponded with, are total gear-heads with a more thorough understanding of equipment and air dynamics than many riggers.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Knowing that, you also have to accept the very real possibility that you will be arrested or at the very least accosted by landowners or their security

then i won't do it. when i was referring to "legal sites" i didn't mean in texas. as far as BASE jumpers being more "rigger wise" i'm in total agreement. that said, since i'm not willing to participate in an illegal activity, you just witnessed the shortest interest in BASE jumping history. sorry i ever asked now. i know that every single BASE jumper out there is a brain surgeon, and i'm just a cheezy drilling engineer, i drill fricking holes in the ground with gigantic machinery. so there's no possible way i would ever have enough "grey matter" to participate in this facet of "our" sport. c ya, all of you be safe as you can in this very, very dangerous activity.
--Richard--

Hey Dude!!!

As long as your following the law, please make sure you never skydive through clouds, forget your seatbelt. etc .etc .etc man I can't even believe your a skydiver, you bad ass drilling mofo.....man your kewl.

luv
your
work
troll:o

post intended to harrass, intimidate, insult or attack will never have any impact here. any time YOU get ready to do some real work, i kindly extend you an invitation to join a drilling team effort. it has a tendency to immediately seperate the men from the boys.
--Richard--