skreamer

Average age?

As a guesstimate, what would you say is the average age of most active BASE jumpers today?

Also, what do you think is the average age at which most of today's active BASE jumpers did their first BASE jump?

I know this will mostly just be speculation and I'm sure some researcher has tried to work out the demographic (predominantly young, white and male etc), was just curious.

Will

predominantly young, white and male etc

I am hoping to dilute this a little one day. :)

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

Yep. ;)
I'm just hoping i don't OD on the carrotine tablets too. B|

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

As a guesstimate, what would you say is the average age of most active BASE jumpers today?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm -47 if you count all those things they said would take a few years off of my life.

My best guesses:

Also, what do you think is the average age at which most of today's active BASE jumpers did their first BASE jump?

The range is fairly large, though. I know a few old guys (one in Texas, one in Arizona, one in Ohio, one in Alabama) who made their first jumps more than 20 years ago.
And I've met BASE jumpers as young as 19 (my instructor was actually 19 when I met him).
But on average? Yeah, I'd say starting around 27, with a five year BASE career, average age around 30.
That's just a wild guess, though.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

>>5 year BASE career

Thank goodness this moronic behavior wears off eventually.
2 more years to go, then I can do something constructive with my life.

:D

The average I don't know. Speaking for myself, I am 43 now. B|

The average I don't know. Speaking for myself, I did my first BASE jump at 40. B|

Anyway, my jumping mates are from 13 to 19 years younger than me. :)And my mentor/instructor/best friend is 16 years younger than me :ph34r:
BTW, even if I am NOT the best athlete in the world, there are BASE jumpers with half my age that cannot stay after me while we hike up mountains ;)
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeehaa cant wait,ill get more active im 26now.

How many jumps would be enough to be active?I considder me active,while i jumped.I did 30 jumps at 3 month,and think ill keep it that way when im back..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

My first jump was Bridge Day '96. Got real BASE gear in '98 after 5 jumps with gutter gear at the Bridge. Best investment I have ever made. So, if i'll be 30 next month it looks like I started when I was 24. Geez, I'm getting old!! ;)

Thank goodness this moronic behavior wears off eventually.
2 more years to go, then I can do something constructive with my life.
:D

yeah, right! B|:D

Peace,

D-d0g
[email protected]
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.