TomAiello

Boyfriends and BASE

i dont mean those sheep you keep dressing up!

so its there you got your cowthing...things just need to get extreme...huh..:DB|

when you popping over to your orginal home?!?!?!

shure first when he feel it safe,and as long your there it aint..:ph34r::D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Early august my man. Let's tear it up.;)

$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Early august my man. Let's tear it up

if im lucky ill be okay at that time...lets ruin Mac´s place in a looooong weekendB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Sounds good. I'll bring the chainsaw.B|

$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Is this based on a "5 star rating system"?

Don't understand this one either. 2 Stars.

Exactly WHAT are the dimensions of each?

I'm thinking bigger than a gnome but shorter than an ogre

It would be nice if there were some way to actually get some good statistics about this... if there was one person (or organization) who people could report injuries to and this info could be analyzed over a few years - I think that's the only way we'll ever see any accurate "trends"...

There may be more recent statistics available, but Norm Heaton, then head of the "Parachute Club of America", (since renamed "United States Parachuting Association"]), stated in December of 1967 that: "50% of all skydiving fatalities are women, and 10% of all jumpers are women".

Note that far from being a published report, Norm made this statement one evening in informal conversation in a bar after a day of skydiving in Taft California. But it's probably quite safe to assume that the PCA would have had access to fairly good data in this regard, just as the USPA would have today.

Please also note that this post should not be construed in any way to be my opinion regarding female jumpers. It is simply a response to your query about statistics. I knew some extremely talented and competent female skydivers back in my days. Jean Boenish, Marta Eminotti, and Heather Swan, among others, are certainly icons in the sport of BASE jumping today.
In theory, there is no difference bretween theory and practice. In practice, however, there is. -

"RIP Forever Brian Schubert. Always remembered, Never forgotten" - Leroy DB
http://www.johnny

Norm Heaton, then head of the "Parachute Club of America", (since renamed "United States Parachuting Association"]), stated in December of 1967 ...

How's ole Norm doing now?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I didn't take Tom's post as condescending toward women at all. I believe it was more just to point out that boys will be boys, and boys enjoy impressing girls--especially those who will feed their egos by acting soooo impressed by the fact that they BASE.
I am a new skydiver, and have been fortunate in that my instructors all have a great interest in seeing me succeed. A couple even asked--more than once--to be certain I was jumping because it was what I wantes to do, not just because my boyfriend was a skydiver. I could answer without hesitation that jumping is something I have always wanted to do...and I am grateful that my instructors cared enough to give me the chance to pause and discover if it was for me, not my loved one.
I do not plan on BASE jumping, and my man is glad-he certainly does his part in discouraging me from BASE! Thank you, Tom, for making me feel even more loved and cared for than I already did! :)Safe landings...

I agree with you this post really is great and I really want to learn both skydiving and base but it was base that drew me to this forum. I had seen it somewhere and I my curious mind got the best of me. I really want this for me and not to impress anyone. I added it to the list of things that I want to do before I turn 30 but I don't know if it will happen by then. If I hear another pick-up line I think that I will scream. I just want to learn about the sport with out any person getting in my way.
kate
Kate

A few summers ago I was at Perrine making a few leaps with some friends. There were a couple of nice looking young ladies hanging out with some jumpers.
In the afternoon the girls were PCA'd off the bridge while wearing bikinis and no helmets. The swimwear was for the water landings they were to do because the guys didn't think they could land the big Mojo 260's on the grass.
Boy did we look like dunces in our helmets and long pants and shirts!
I really enjoyed the part when the one attractive young lady nearly drowned because she didn't know there was a cutaway handle on her rig.
We debated if we should jump and land next to her and help, since her dispatchers had no gear.
Oh, wait...I'm mistaken. Two of the guys had gear, one wearing a really nice camera. They did a 2 way to help. The camera dude had an off heading and went back under the bridge and pounded in on the north side, west of the bridge and the other guy wrapped the pilot chute around his arm. He opened at about 50ft and splashed down also, nowhere near the girl in trouble.
It was quite entertaining watching the old dude in the boat try to get 2 girls, one nearly pulled under by her canopy and one guy who had a load of poo in his britches. And all the while the camera guy yelling for help 'cuz his camera got wet or something. Man that old guy in the boat was pissed off!!!!!

True story. I was there with some very experienced BASE jumpers. They politely approached the guys and asked if they wanted to borrow our helmets for the girls. We had some extras. A lot of attitude was given so we just hung out and did our leaps and watched the carnage for a few days. I spoke with Don the boat guy after his experience rescuing them. He was really mad and asked those guys and girls to not jump anymore. How retarded do you have to be to make him fear for you?
Bikini BASE school...I think I'm gonna start one!