Maximus1

Spectre 135 Max Wt. 148.5?

I just purchased a Spectre 135 DOM 1997. It lists a max wt. of 148.5? Another Spectre 135 DOM 2000 shows a max wt. of 216, which coincides with PDs website. Can the 148.5 be correct? Were Spectres manufactured differently in '97?

- Maximus

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.

Hi

I also had the same question about my stiletto, also manufactured in the mid 90's has a lower max weight than I expected and not the weight that is listed on PDs site. I have a hunch but I am curious if anyone knows for sure what the reason is.

Adrian
S.E.X. party #2

..It is far worse to live with fear, than to die confronting it.

Adrian, is the max wt on your stiletto less than your exit wt? My exit wt is about 180 and max wt on the Spectre is 148.5. I currently jump a Spectre 120 DOM 2000 and am within max weights, but am concerned with this Spectre. From what I've read, the harness is the weakest link and is rated between 2500# and 6000# (gross wt * g force). I don't think I should be concerned about jumping the 135, but I'd like to know if it may rip apart on me. :o

- Maximus

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.

is the max wt on your stiletto less than your exit wt?

No it isn't less than my exit weight and thus why I haven't really investigated it until now.

Now that I think about it though I think that mine says 148.5kg on it too for max weight. My rig is not here with me now otherwise I would check.

Adrian
S.E.X. party #2

..It is far worse to live with fear, than to die confronting it.