pterodactyl1986

How many jumps before your first WS jump

I most certainly will do wingsuit at some point. But I have not even started AFF/AFP yet, so I'm just curious as to when everyone else started and if they feel there is any draw backs starting at 201. Just looking for perspective from the veterans

Personally I plan on jumping every state in the US after 200 (if I feel completely comfortable jumping alone)
Not quite sure when I will do wingsuit, way too early to tell

pterodactyl1986

I most certainly will do wingsuit at some point. But I have not even started AFF/AFP yet, so I'm just curious as to when everyone else started and if they feel there is any draw backs starting at 201. Just looking for perspective from the veterans

Personally I plan on jumping every state in the US after 200 (if I feel completely comfortable jumping alone)
Not quite sure when I will do wingsuit, way too early to tell

Here is something you can think about. No matter what type of skydiving that you do, it is good to know, which direction the plane was flying when you left it and which direction you are facing at any given moment during the jump. You can work on that understanding/skill very early in your skydive progression and it is a valuable skill anytime you jump from a plane.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

hjumper33

Remember that 200 wasn't always a requirement as well. I took my FFC with a reputable (maybe debatably so ;) ) instructor on my 150th jump when 200 was still a recommendation.

Ill bet there are more <200 than >1000.

I did not know this, I was told it was always a requirement. Thanks, That would make more sense. I'm not sure how to edit the poll at this point