DemolitionDarby

Freak 2 sub 175 jumps

Putting a jump # on everything is not the definitive answer to how good you will be and how well you will progress . Some people are naturally talented , some have to work harder to achieve the same success . Ultimately the biggest problem is people not taking the time to progress through flying smaller suits in all configurations before moving forward . Coaching and outside video are the most invaluable things you can do. skipping this will cause bad habits . Then you will pay more in the long run trying to fix what you have created. Using a smaller suit teaches you how to use your whole body and because you don't have the speed and surface area you feel exactly what you are doing to complete the task . Then when you move into larger suits that require fine movement you have better control.

Weight and Height is an excuse people use to justify why they need to upsize . Thats not the problem . Take the time to learn how to fly your body.

rlseib

Putting a jump # on everything is not the definitive answer to how good you will be and how well you will progress . Some people are naturally talented , some have to work harder to achieve the same success...

...Take the time to learn how to fly your body.

100% yes.

People lean on jump numbers to determine suitability (pun!) but the reality is that it's a poor metric. It's the most obvious, and I don't think there's a better universal measure of ability, but we should be aware of its limitations.

I've seen world-class freeflyers get in a Freak with like 2 WS jumps and absolutely slay. I've also seen people with way more jumps, on way easier suits, totally embarrassing themselves.

I personally think that learning to freefly is the best tool to become a better wingsuiter. Learn to fly your body and the suit will follow.
Apex BASE

I see your point. My first suit was a Tony Intro, and I did 125 jumps with it. At the time I was 6'1 and 210; at least I was mostly flying by myself, haha.
But I was tearing it up. Flips, rolls, crazy exits. Learning.
When I got a Raptor, I was ready.
I did the same thing with that suit, but it was easy, mostly.
That's why Jarno is right. It's really important to do more than just fly it when it's going right, and a big suit is not the place to learn.
But, I did it anyway, got a sm1 at 250. I could have never got a big suit and had a world of fun. Been a better flier. Not have been as scared.
But I didn't, and the early work kept me alive, and for me the best feeling in the world is floating around in a big wingsuit.
But what do I know?

Bluhdow

People lean on jump numbers to determine suitability

Maybe some people do, but in general that is not what a minimum jump requirement is intended for. And discrediting it as such relies on a not entirely honest accusation.

A minimum jump requirement is just that: a minimum. It does not, alone, determine "suitability." It's a necessary, but not sufficient, condition.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com