peek

PIA position statement - Emergency Handles Relocation on Wingsuits

In today's USPA Professional newsletter there is a paragraph about PIA's position on emergency handles relocation on wingsuits. There is a link to the paper but I can't find a link to it on the PIA web site.

In the PIA document the Position Statement paragraph included the sentence "Wingsuit manufacturers are responsible for obtaining the proper authorizations for such alterations."

Does anyone have more detail about this?

That's probably a safe guess. Tony has contributed a lot to the world of wingsuiting. Who knows if this concept will actually take off. But you can't blame the USPA for posting their position on it just in case there becomes an issue with it. We live in a world that you have to be preventative in covering your own ass.

It's a shame the simple word 'accessible' was not added as well, as quite a few jumpers seem to just opt to jump with handles in the correct location, but hidden under the suit.

Looking at reserve statistics, 'we' score a huge percentage higher in actual cutaways (or with some current high performance models, even 'no pull' incidents on the main). Having handles hidden underneath a suit is not the most beneficial behavior safety wise either.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

peek

***... But you can't blame the USPA for posting their position on it....

PIA, not USPA, but I can understand the confusion at times. :)

I see what you meant there... B| (No, nothing to do with wingsuits...)

Mild curiosity for those of us who should find better things to care about: IPC, not FAI, right,
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork