Garrythegoat

Phantom 3 vs phantom edge

sedsquare

A P3 that fits perfectly is the way to go in my opinion, rather than spend the extra money on something new. P3s are great first wingsuits and are fun to fly. Save the money and spend it on jump tickets.

Agreed. Your first suit is a lot like your first rig - you need something that's not obsolete, but that can be a stepping stone to get you where you ultimately wind up. A P3 is a great suit - particularly if it fits you well.

Spend the extra money on jump tickets, and really learn to fly it. You'll be glad you did.

At some point, you'll get the itch to buy another suit (or 7). And you may even decide you don't like PF as much as you do Squirrel or Tony Suits. Or you may decide you really like it, and just want an updated model (I still fly my first suit, a PF Shadow, regularly, and am now finally itching for an upgraded model almost 10 years later).

Regardless, nothing wrong with a Phantom 3. Get it, and start putting in the reps to learn how to fly it. Once you're ready, you can move up to an Edge (or whatever their latest model is at that point) or move to another suit. Or you might just keep flying it forever... :)
Signatures are the new black.

johnmatrix

The P3 is fine - as long as it fits nicely.
It's worth buying new for a perfect fit if you are really sure you're going to use the suit.
A Phantom you can keep forever and if you do sell it it should hold its value well.

Perfect fit isn't quite as important on smaller suits like a phantom as opposed to giant suits. It's interesting that phantoms do seem to hold their value better than the majority of suits these days. I'm amazed to see how many suits that were 1500-1800 new just 2-3 years ago listed for $400, and no one will even touch them at that. I remember having a v3 that I flew for 2 years and was still able to sell for $1100 with multiple offers.

hjumper33

... I'm amazed to see how many suits that were 1500-1800 new just 2-3 years ago listed for $400, and no one will even touch them at that..

True. But also very logical :)

Developments within advanced suits class have been quite frenzy for some time now and pace is not slowing down. So many people upgrade often and so that is why we see a lot of barely used advanced suits for sale; driving the used suit price down.

Not a'lot development going on in the beginners class, few suits being upgraded at a slow pace, and just one entirely new one. These suits hold their value much better and they are a solid investment. Many people flying advanced also keeps their small suit for good reasons, so there are fewer small suits out there for sale.