frontloop33

From a Prodigy2 to an intermediate suit?

Hi,

I've got the chance to get a quite new prodigy2 - suit for a really decent price.

The thing is, that some people I've been talking to, don't consider the prodigy2 as a "real wingsuit", since the wings are quite small and it is not a one-piece-suit. And also the performance seems not to be comparable to a "real (beginner) suit" like the Phantom edge.

So, what do you think?
Can I use the prodigy2 for - lets say 50 - 100 flights, and go straight to an intermediate suit like the Magister or havok carve (both: phoenix fly) or should I skip the opportunity to buy the prodigy2 and try (which might be really hard) to get a "real suit" (phantom2, phantom3, or something like that)?

you can, but would be much better to get a phantom or sth equivalent from other brand. It won't be too big to start wingsuiting- it's basically THE standard for first flight courses as it is easy to handle but still flies (very) well if you know how. But if you think of getting sth bigger later (especially havoc) the step will be much smaller between those two.

The fact that you can get the prodigy for a "really decent price" says it all how useful it is ;)

Similar to the above comment, a 'full' suit like a phantom or shadow would give you more range and fun (backfly inlets etc) and provide you with a much stronger basis should you later take a step up in size. Though havok etc is a popular intermediate suit, learning wise most acro, angle and flocking stuff still is easiest to learn on a small suit.

Even now, at 4000+ wingsuit jumps I still fly the shadow/phantom a lot, especially when trying new things. It's never a bad purchase, and will last many hundreds of jumps, if not even more.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

You can't go wrong with a Phantom 2 or 3. If you are a small person or a lanky person, the Phantom 2 might serve you will for 50 to 100 jumps. The Phantom 3, would also for an average build person. If you want to fly with others and have only an intro suit like the Prodigy, you would want to switch from it very soon.

I rented an Ibird (intro suit) for 26 jumps. I did well with the Ibird but was challenged to keep up with a normal flock. I moved to an Rbird at jump 27. I still fly that Rbird a lot, now 4 years later. If you can rent the first 20 jumps or so you will be better off then getting something you can stick with...in my opinion.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

dthames

You can't go wrong with a Phantom 2 or 3. If you are a small person or a lanky person, the Phantom 2 might serve you will for 50 to 100 jumps.

I agree with the first part but I think unless you're particularly round or heavy a Phantom will be good for hundreds of jumps.
I am 182cm, used to be 90kg and am now around 80kg, have been using my Phantom 2 since my FFC about 6 years ago and it's still my favourite suit. I've done around 300 jumps on it.