mjlaw201

Phoniex Fly lead times?

Recently bought a Strix and took longer than expected because I went for a custom pattern and then it got lost in shipping for over a month due to the postal service screwing up. Outside of the delay from that I found the lead time to be quite reasonable. I'm a diehard fan, but I am willing to admit this is the one area in which I'd say they need some improvements. I'd still rather wait a little longer for one of their suits than to go with anyone else.

Lead times vary from 2 weeks up to around 12/13 weeks in the high season.
High volumes of orders/popularity do push the leadtime.
We have added permanent new personel to the team of skilled workers, that have been with Robert since the start, to get that time down.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I'm at 13 weeks (and still counting). Would you consider early/mid spring the "high season?" If Feb-May is the busiest time of year at the factory, perhaps it should be shared with the public more openly. I always assumed summer was the busiest. If the factory was unexpectedly busy this spring due to an unusual surge in orders, then I can accept that. But PF should still be able to figure out roughly how long the delay will be.

It would help immensely if customers could get better info from the dealers. I ordered a PF suit around 2013 and experienced a delay then, too. My dealer had zero answers. He even stated that his inquiries to the factory had not been responded to. For my current suit I have a different dealer, but he appears to not be in the information loop either. He seems to have no idea what is happening with anyone's suit until it arrives on his doorstep. It doesn't even sound like he knows which suits are in transit to him from the factory. He told me several weeks ago that he had some suits arriving within days, and that mine *might* be one of them. I'm not trying to sound like I need a stitch by stitch update during production, but having to wait considerably longer than what I was told by a PF rep, I should at least be given a concrete answer as to what's going on. Not sure why PF, which has been in business for a long time, can't seem to figure out this area of customer service and get the factory and dealers on the same page.

Though sometimes busy times are seasonal, at the moment we're just having a huge rush in orders (onesie, strix, carve etc selling like mad) which pushes lead time up.

The rep should be able to get an accurate leadtime via edo@phoenix-fly. Though that can fluctuate a bit of course depending on how busy the queue is around time of order.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

mccordia

Though sometimes busy times are seasonal, at the moment we're just having a huge rush in orders (onesie, strix, carve etc selling like mad) which pushes lead time up.

The rep should be able to get an accurate leadtime via edo@phoenix-fly. Though that can fluctuate a bit of course depending on how busy the queue is around time of order.

so its still up in the air... seems like this thread pops up every year. I think pf makes great suits but with all these stories I would be afraid to ever order one for myself.
you could just go with squirrell I recently got my freak 2 in less than 4 weeks. just sayin squirrel has kind of set the bar for lead time which is one of the reasons they have taken over the US industry
BASE 1519

My Aura 3 was quoated 8 weeks as I ordered it before it was on the site too. I belive it came in 6 weeks along with a Stream and OutlawLite which I ordered 2 weeks after the suit. And any emails responded to usually within the hour but 24 hours max.
Whats the point of living if you aren't doing what you love?

More than double the lead time doesn't seem like a little :$ and I've had no quality issues with anything I've received from Squirrel. And it's nice to have to comfort of fast response and updates when you drop a few grand on some gear rather than seeing the money disappear and not getting any response to questions :S

I don't really care where it's made if it's made well and works well. The construction on my stream was snatch was way nicer than the construction on my Zak2 and PC from Adrenaline. Haven't seen a huge difference in quality between the PF and Squirrel suits, but much better service from Squirrel....

Whats the point of living if you aren't doing what you love?

BryanCampau

Point of view is everything. I've had multiple serious quality issues with squirrel. And I've had zero quality issues with PF. And I've had late orders from both.

im the exact opposite. Lead time for my first P3 was weeks longer than expected, it came missing 2 snap buttons. When i finally got a response back, it was an offer for some free swag and a suggestion to "bring the suit to my rigger". I bought a snap button kit and fixed the suit myself.

For me, that first experience was enough to never give my money to PF again. As you said, it's all personal perspective
gravity brings me down.........