Trafficdiver

Pitching on your back.

Hello fellow skydivers. I have never wingsuited. I know nothing about wingsuiting. I am a complete neophyte in regards to your discipline and have no plans on getting into it until I am satifsfied with my freeflying on every level (so 4-5 years away if ever). So if after reading this title or this question your immediate thought is that I am an idiot who knows nothing about wingsuiting let me say that I agree with you and am just curious.

So my question is this. Does pitching on your back avoid some of the burble related issues that come with wingsuiting. I ask because I saw a video of someone doing it (don't remember who or when) but thought....that takes care of the burble issue.

So can it make a better opening. It is a bad idea in freefall because you are falling straight down and it will wrap around you, but it seems (to my untrained and inexperienced mind) that it would be less of an issue with a wingsuit because the pilot chute is flying behind you more so than on top of you.

Anyway looking foward to the insults flying and I do hope they are creative because well, life is too short for unremarkable insults. I do hope you don't just ignore me because that is the sharpest cut of them all.
:)

Will it reduce the burble for the PC? Yea, I suppose so. Will it introduce a host of other problems, including wildly asymmetric body position, the possibility of flipping through your risers, and harder openings due to the pull angle of the inflating canopy? Also yes.

Don't get me wrong - I've seen that video too and it's impressive. But no, that deployment method will not lead to better openings consistently.

The burble issue can be essentially completed mitigated with proper gear choices (longer bridle, bigger PC) and good deployment technique.

Trafficdiver

***I think it would be like tossing you pilot chute in a head down orientation. :S

I envisioned that in my head. I'm now under my desk, in a fetal position, weeping.

Point taken.

Sooooo, BG, come join the flock bro, what are you waiting for??? Not afraid of a few line twists are ya?!?! lol But seriously hook up with the right instructors and taste some hang time. And about that "stunt" video in question, now that you know who the stunt man is, yea, THAT'S shit only people with an ass load of WS jumps do, because you know, there comfort level is there!

timski

******I think it would be like tossing you pilot chute in a head down orientation. :S

I envisioned that in my head. I'm now under my desk, in a fetal position, weeping.

Point taken.

Sooooo, BG, come join the flock bro, what are you waiting for??? Not afraid of a few line twists are ya?!?! lol But seriously hook up with the right instructors and taste some hang time. And about that "stunt" video in question, now that you know who the stunt man is, yea, THAT'S shit only people with an ass load of WS jumps do, because you know, there comfort level is there!

Last year I made a snide remark about wing suiting to a FF coach who I really respect and he basically said that the parts of angle flying that I really love, can be amplified in a small wing suit and that I'd love it. So I went from never going to wing suit to going to wing suit, someday, somewhere.

But I don't want to dabble in anything I like to learn it slowly and completely :) and I don't have that time now. But soon...also sometimes I look at puffy clouds and get jeoulous as fuck of you guys. [:/]

Trafficdiver

*********I think it would be like tossing you pilot chute in a head down orientation. :S

Point taken.

Last year I made a snide remark about wing suiting to a FF coach who I really respect and he basically said that the parts of angle flying that I really love, can be amplified in a small wing suit and that I'd love it. So I went from never going to wing suit to going to wing suit, someday, somewhere.

But I don't want to dabble in anything I like to learn it slowly and completely :) and I don't have that time now. But soon...also sometimes I look at puffy clouds and get jeoulous as fuck of you guys. [:/]

Yea, I had a cloud jump in Deland that would make you jizz in your pants! :o