Melissa126

PD Horizon Wingsuit canopy

Does anybody know anything more about the fabric? Pablo Hernandez stated that his 190 fits to Javelin NJK which by specs is max for 120 ZP.

So seems like some super UL fabric. My concern is that how many jumps can you make on it?

skow

Yep, but usually they pack 2-3 sizes smaller. This one is said to pack 4 sizes (almost 40%) smaller

I was assuming that based on the face that PD already produces two other lightweight products. If they had a new revolutionary fabric that is that much smaller, one would think they would put this into production across multiple platforms, but who knows. I wonder if they will release a size recommendation chart or anything.

I dont know if the fabric has changed from the prototypes people have been flying around for the last few years, but they seemed to size very similar to the other lightweight skydiving/wingsuit specific canopy on the market. The best I ever could manage was to freepack a 240 lightweight base canopy into a container for a 135. Remember the bigger the canopy, the bigger the difference the lightweight fabric makes in overall weight/volume.

I should add I have a DNKY which is also listed as a 109-120 by javelin. It fit a sabre1 120 uncomfortably, fits a 150 epicene with plenty of squishiness, would fit a 170 comfortably but coming up on snug. I think a 190 would fit, but I wouldnt really want to pack it, and it would feel like a brick.

Optimum fabric with ZP nose. It packs smaller than f111.
Also they use the same material on the proxy base canopy.
Openings are very similar to the pilot 7. Seems like a faster opening, lighter weight Spectre to me. It will have a shorter lifespan than zp.
Its PD's version of the epicene, with a better flare.
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

Have you already tried it?

From the interviews and videos I got the impression that this is a canopy which is super boring to fly, but will work for you if you have shitty opening position.

I assume this is not very true so would be nice to hear some opinions how it actually flies

I've done a solid handful (around 75) on them.

I currently have a 150 in my mirage MX built for up to a 107; that being said, I don't think I could go any bigger, it's pretty full.

openings are stress free and super comfortable, but don't eat up tons of altitude.

It really isn't boring to fly at all, It's not built to win swoop comps, but it definitely likes speed and will carry it well. The getting back from long spots thing is for real. It's got glide when it counts. It's a predictable wing with great openings and you can seriously land it wherever you want, it's very easy to be accurate with it.
I'd wait for you outside the courtoom.
Taunting; when all of your appeals were declined.

I received a demo 170 Horizon last week. I have it in a container sized for a 135 ZP max main and it fits fine.

Great openings which I expected but was more interested in the flare for landing compared to my current WS canopy. The Horizon does have more on the bottom end which is what i was looking for. Easy front risers for speed on landing too and seems great on glide (used a little rear riser too).

Pretty much sold on it for the WS discipline and will get one on order. ;)

Only 5 demo jumps but I think the Horizon is a pretty cool canopy. It's not for everyone but I think it meets the needs of wingsuiters that are seeking less opening drama, small pack volume, and a wing that lands well in a variety of conditions. I put the Horizon 190 in my container that typically holds a Storm 150 or Sabre 135, good fit. You want swoop canopy performance, then look elsewhere. You want reliable and predictable performance with high-performance wingsuits, and easy landings? Demo a Horizon.

I put two demo jumps on a Horizon 150 about a month ago. I've got a 300+ jumps on both an Epicene 150 and 170. My current canopy is a Storm 135. The Horizon is an Epicene that actually has a flare. If a low bulk, soft opening canopy is what you are after i'd recommend the Horizon. But if you don't need low bulk - i'd find a ZP canopy that suites you.

I have ~250 jumps on my Pilot7 147 and recently got a chance to demo a Horizon 170.
Only got one jump on it (together with my Freak 2), but the opening was just as nice as expected, which is basically the whole point of the canopy. Fast, but not uncomfortably so, super straight on heading opening.
Flying the canopy felt sort of like flying our student Navigator 260's.
Toggle response was super soggy and it generally just flied extremely docile. The flare was great though, I certainly didn't have any issues landing it.

Compared to the Pilot7 it's just what you would expect, it opens better but has a lot less performance. It's probably better than the Pilot7 if you only jump big wingsuits or have two canopies, but I will stick to my Pilot7 since it feels like a better match for mixing wingsuit jumping with belly and freefly jumps.

Again, I only did one jump on the Horizon, so take all of this with a grain of salt, but I figured i should at least share my opinion. I had a really hard time finding any useful info when i bought my Pilot7, so knowledge sharing seems like a good idea.

On 3/22/2017 at 12:40 PM, dandandan said:

I've done a solid handful (around 75) on them.

I currently have a 150 in my mirage MX built for up to a 107; that being said, I don't think I could go any bigger, it's pretty full.

openings are stress free and super comfortable, but don't eat up tons of altitude.

It really isn't boring to fly at all, It's not built to win swoop comps, but it definitely likes speed and will carry it well. The getting back from long spots thing is for real. It's got glide when it counts. It's a predictable wing with great openings and you can seriously land it wherever you want, it's very easy to be accurate with it.

I'd wait for you outside the courtoom.
Taunting; when all of your appeals were declined.

Is that a Brand New quote I see?