arm900fj

Freak 2 - any feedback?

BryanCampau

Biting my tongue so hard....

Why have you flown the 2? Sounds like it's better vents for back flying and small improvements on pressure and whatever blah blah
The freak was good this one will be better that's how wing suits go.
I have flown the freak super fun suit have a 2 on order but will not be able to give a good comparison because I've only got about 5 freak jumps and I suck.
BASE 1519

In the meantime, I wonder if it'd make sense to upgrade to a Freak 2 from a Swift 1 given enough amount of jumps (say 200 jumps on a Swift 1, being able to backfly it and go steep, blah blah).
I know it's always best to upgrade in between, but I don't wanna spend so much on custom-sized suits, so perhaps I'd rather go second hand for an intermediate step, or wait more and turbo-upsize with enough experience...?

I see no problems with your approach, Swift1 is actually classified as an intermediate suit though in the small end and Freak is a "small" advanced class suit and super easy to fly. So given what you wrote, go ahead. Regarding deployments, you have to talk with someone and understand/train a different deployment procedure. Horizontal speed is way up so, you must flare the suit as part of that procedure. It is not difficult though. I trust you have longer bridle, semi stowless bag, bigger pilot chute and a docile main at wl 1.3 max :)

I am the happy owner of the original Freak and it is still my favorite suit by far. I have just one jump in the Freak2 so can't say too much. I also fly the C-Race series suits frequently, so my first impression of the Freak 2 is that it has taken in some DNA from the latest race suits, feels like a hybrid btw Freak and a current C-Race - it is more rigid and extremely precise. The original Freak "feeling" is actually still there - luckily so it still does what a Freak do, there is just a bit more of everything. So go for a Freak or a Freak 2. Truly wonderful suits both of them.

I've only got a few jumps now on the Freak 2, but had about 100 on the original Freak and about 40 on the C-Race.

I would also agree the Freak 2 feels like it combines the strengths of the Freak and C-Race into an easy to fly package. It is smoother, faster, easier to transition, and has better back fly pressurization than the original. It feels more precise and more efficient with both slow and fast flight. The Freak is a great suit, and this is a great advancement to the platform.

danielfornies

In the meantime, I wonder if it'd make sense to upgrade to a Freak 2 from a Swift 1 given enough amount of jumps (say 200 jumps on a Swift 1, being able to backfly it and go steep, blah blah).

That is a good plan and it sounds like you know what you're doing.

However - because it's an internet forum here's a criticism anyway. :)

I think 'upsize' is a better term than 'upgrade' - bigger does not necessary mean better (not a comment on the Freak 2 - I've heard it's a good suit).

I think there is a natural attraction to bigger suits at the start of one's wingsuit career, but they're actually not necessarily more fun than a small suit.
But your plan is good because it will be A. fun and B. will give you a solid platform to upsize if there is something you want to do that you need a bigger suit for.