plaiskool64

Freak - Strix

I've got around 50 jumps on a Freak and I have to say it was the largest let downs of all the suits i've purchased. I know i'm gonna catch shit for voicing that opinion but it's the truth. I love back flying but that thing was terrible on it's back. The tail flapped like crazy unless you were flying it maxed out. You basically couldn't play with the range of the suit if you wanted the tail to inflate. I emailed Squirrel with my concerns and they assured me nothing was wrong with the suit and that it was simply not being flown right. Basically just boasting that it requires a lot of skill to back fly that suit. It was quite annoying at the time but now it is laughable. It would appear the Freak 2 release was rushed in response to both Tony Suits and Phoenix Fly releasing their big acro suits that actually can back fly! And of course now they are owning up and saying they fixed the back inlet vents on the tail so it actually inflates instead of flaps.

I switched to Phoenix Fly suits after owning 8 Squirrel suits and accumulating over 500 jumps on them. In my opinion their wings are extremely rigid and don't fit the style of flight I like. I enjoy the smoothness of transitions, carving, and just smooth flying overall. The smooth acro flight characteristics are in my opinion what Phoenix Fly does best.

Every manufacturer has something they tend to do exceptionally well over the competition. I don't think any manufacturer out there is complete garbage. In this case - I do think Squirrel let their customers down with the Freak and their response to the complaints.

My Strix should be here within a month. :) I can compare the two once I get some jumps on the Strix. But with the suit fitting the style Phoenix Fly is known for - I don't think I will be disappointed.

I hope you got some body armour at the ready! Publicly criticising something Squirrel makes has the same response from the Squirrel fanboys as it would saying something bad about Justin Bieber in front of a group of 12 year old girls [:/]

If you are quick you may be able to get one of these priority dispatch http://www.dog-training-equipment-store.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=677

The Gods take care of your soul!

I had around 500 WS jumps all on PF suits (except for 2 jumps on an X-Bird) when I bought my Freak.

The Freak was the first Squirrel suit I've ever flown and I cannot echo the sentiment above. I love mine. It's got more speed, power, and range than my Venom Power and flies with speed and power on its back marvelously.

It's true that it wants to be maxed out on its back. It's not a Havok, but I don't think it's designed to be. If I'm going to join a group flock on my back with an array of different suits I'd grab my Havok. Almost any other situation and my Freak would be the suit of choice.

Can't speak for the Stryx. Haven't flown it.
Apex BASE

Bluhdow

I had around 500 WS jumps all on PF suits (except

It's true that it wants to be maxed out on its back. It's not a Havok, but I don't think it's designed to be. If I'm going to join a group flock on my back with an array of different suits I'd grab my Havok. Almost any other situation and my Freak would be the suit of choice.

Can't speak for the Stryx. Haven't flown it.

What Bluhdow said

too bad you had that experience, too bad you didnt go with a trusted manufacturer that doesnt put out a "model-2" less than a year from initial release; on every model! doesnt take a genius to figure out something's wrong!

well, that or you just wait for a better copy!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

as evidenced in this thread.. clearly you're wrong. if you do something right, right off the start, there's no need for a "model-2" a couple months later. that or you just rename it to something new, so your dumb customers dont realize they're being rammed in the ass with a squirrel AGAIN!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

So far in this thread I count two happy fliers and one disappointed one:D But quick, email Robert and yell at him for putting out the Sukhoi2 soon! And while you're at it, write an angry email to Matt and Mike for making the Aura 3!! They have obviously been screwing us over with the two previous models, how dare they!

Or you could go skydiving instead, I think you need it;)

Not that I care.. but it's not always Squirrel who copies stuff, it also goes the other way around with the Strix being a "very very similar" platform as the Freak. Or think about the "innie-outie-zippers" or stiffened inlets.

But I am sure this will not help for the fanboys to shut up about this "who copied from who" nonsense. Every car has four wheels and every wingsuit has three wings.

Yes, I have more jumps on Funk1 than anything else. I also have around 50 on the Funk2. And now about 75 on the Havoc Carve. Squirrel is not even close to the Havoc Carve. The Havoc Carve is incredibly smooth and agile. The Funk's fly decent on both their belly and back but are clumsy in transitions and any kind of dynamic flight. It's because their wings are too rigid for acro. The funk 1 lacked forward speed. The funk 2 was an attempt to fix it. But what happens when you slow it down at all on its back? It looks just like a Freak with the tail flapping like crazy. Neither of them come close to the havoc carve in my opinion.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Literally every post Virgin-Burner has ever written has been bashing Squirrel, orally copulating PF, or both.

Can we just ban him from the wingsuit forum? We already know exactly what he's going to say, in every thread, up until wingsuits go the way of skysurfing.

In related news, when skysurfing comes back PF will obviously make the best boards and Squirrel will do nothing more than produce sh*tty Vietnamese copies. Just wanted to clear that up in advance.
Apex BASE

come on, let him bash what and whoever he wants, if we are all judged by the informational value of our posts and subsequently banned this forum would be empty in no time.
Don't be buthurt clinton voters and let him have fun. Its actually quite entertaining to follow the discussions sprouting from his ranting posts

Suck it up and endure, I bet he's just trolling anyway ^^
-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends