plaiskool64

Freak - Strix

Brand wars were a lot more fun when there was a giant difference in designs and philosophy. I guess that's what happens when we realize one planform of suit seems to work the best. I think pretty much everything in the large to mega sized class looks basically like a tuned up, down, or sideways X1.

Ive seen people do silly amazing things in just about every brand of suit on the market. When you see guys like noah and julien doing crazy things in sfly suits, and tony suits, and squirrel suits, maybe its in fact the indian that matters, and not the arrow.

Yeah the brand wars are getting pretty old, partially fueled by fan boys who would wet themselves if they got sponsored or even got to buy a suit 30% off, and partially fueled by the brands' marketing. And some of that is because the owners' personalities invariably get involved, and none of them have good ones. Tony and Robert are megalomaniacs and Matt is a walking 2 year old temper tantrum.

It's a shame there isn't a 3rd party reviewer(s) that can give an overall assessment not geared toward "which one is better" but rather "this is how this suit feels/flies, and how it differs from this other suit" then the viewer can decide what they like or don't like about it.

I'll volunteer, I think all of the major WS owners are shit bags but they all make decent suits. I can be "fair and balanced" because I don't care about any of them. :D

Send me a Freak, a Strix, and whatever Tony has this week, and I'll tell everyone what's what. B|

I'm only half joking... if the manufacturers want me to do a honest review and comparison w/o any judgement calls I'm willing, just send me a suit that fits and give me a month or two to play with it.

Bealio

The only reason I read this forum is to see what Virgin-Burner writes. Please don't take that away from me. Please.

dont get too much involved anymore these days, partially because most skydivers are a bunch of dick-comparing shitbags and well, BASEjumping is so much more raw and appealing. plus i get to hang out in beautiful mountain-sceneries and not on some crappy airports. for me, that's a no-brainer.

funny how everyone is displeased with my honest, fair and balanced reviews, then it goes on for like a dozen replies about how butthurt they are and how i dont contribute. speaks for itself really!

:D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda