platypii

World's first inclined wingsuit tunnel

We wil in about 2 to 3 weeks.
At the moment there are still a few open sections, so we're not running at full speed yet. But around 2nd half of Sept we'll have more stuff up show flat glide and high speed. Currently we're playing at 1.6 or so and 120 kmh (lazy flocking speeds) but glide around 3 at high speeds of course will be shown asap!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

This looks like a great way to learn skills to fly better. Is the coaching part of the price for the time? Or is this like vertical tunnels where if you want "good" coaching, you need to pay extra? Will they be able to do video debriefs in between sessions? Does the price come with suit rentals if you want to try different suits or if you advance to a larger suit and want to learn in tunnel before taking it to the sky? Do you start people out in beginner suits during the "start up Pac" and after they prove stable and certify to fly without harness, let them go to bigger suits? Last question, how long can a person fly in a day? Is this similar to vertical tunnels where most people can get a good 45-60 minutes of training in before they start to get tired and waste air time? I know that will be depending on each person and the shape they are in, but what is your recommended suggestion of time most people would be capable of? Just trying to figure out how many hours i would be able to try and book for a trip there. This looks awesome and i am excited to come learn more.

I got in touch with the wingsuit tunnel through FB and they answered my questions. I thought i would put the info up here.

You start out with a 30 minute time pac to learn to fly in the tunnel, you start out on their beginner suits and hooked up to a harness system to keep you from hitting the walls/ceiling. After you demonstrate the ability to fly (should be less than 30 min for people that already wing suit) then you come off of the harness system and can advance in suits to your own or one of theirs.

They recommend no more than 60 minutes a day, if you are splitting the time up through out the day to keep from getting too tired and waisting the airtime.

They have free coaching right now through the rest of 2017 but will have to pay for coaching after the end of the year. Probably not a lot of coaches with this tunnel experience other than their own employees right now.

They get a discount at the hotel just down the street from there and will send you a link when you purchase time with them. They were very quick to respond to my questions and seem willing to help out travellers coming to fly from other countries. great customer service so far. They are hosting a competition in early december.

Between a buddy and I we have booked 5 hours that we plan to split or share if possible. I can definitely agree I’ve had a similar customer service experience as well. No question has gone unanswered and they’ve been super accommodating.

I leave for the trip in less than a week and we fly our time over 4 days. Each day flying in the morning and again at night. So we will wake up, wingsuit tunnel, explore a bit, fly more, sleep, and repeat. I plan to get lots of video and do a good review on it all so perhaps others can use the info to decide if they want to go.

I just spent 90 minutes over 2 days in the tunnel and it totally exceeded my expectations. I learned more about the technical nuances of flying a wingsuit than I have even come close to in the sky in the last 10 years.

If you are thinking of flying a wingsuit, go visit the tunnel.
If you think you know how to fly a wingsuit, go visit the tunnel and take a napkin for your humble pie. :)

Oh, and for bonus points, Stockholm is an amazing city!

Simon

Completely agree. The tunnel they have built is incredibly fun and beneficial to quickly progress in a wingsuit. It is comparible to a vertical tunnel for a slick jumper. There will be a definitive difference between those that train there and those that train in the sky only. I look forward to seeing more of these inclined tunnels pop up around the world. Until then - i will keep Stockholm as a regular destination in my yearly travels.