1 1
plaiskool64

Storm Vs Epicene

Yeah the basics of packing are all the same, but you can tweak your openings some. It varies on the wing how those tweaks respond as well. Now talking about finesse rather than necessary or important; I've found rolling the outer cells inward and leaving the center cell open on my Prime help dial in inflation the way I like and making two reduction folds also improves consistency. I will admit that if you had me jump back to back pack jobs and tell you which one is which (assuming nothing was amiss) I probably couldn't, so it may just be mental masturbation, but I do believe it increases the quality of my deployments somewhat. On the same note, it is really easy to screw a perfect pack job with bad body position.

Film few of your opening and see if you can see those folds after canopy comes out of a d-bag :)
It's the same as with not eating gluten - people thing it helps but it's just that they don't eat fast food and pizza what makes them feel better.

So people that try all the different tricks usually focus much more on the opening position because they don't want all this packing effort to go to waste

Anachronist

You are over simplifying it, how you pack also affects how the bag fits in the container, and subsequently how it comes out. Everyone seems to think the snivel is the only thing that matters, but that is because everyone is monumentally fucking retarded.

As soon at that thing comes out of the bag, I am retarded.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

lyosha

***but that is because everyone is monumentally fucking retarded.

Except you, right?

Less retarded than most B|

After reviewing a ton of openings, a lot of the line twists happen before the canopy comes out of the bag. So extraction from the container is also important, and what determines how the bag comes out of the container, how it fits in the container (as well as body position of course).

It is silly (monumentally fucking retarded) to think that as soon as the bag opens that all pack jobs are exactly the same. Otherwise why do we bother flaking or cocooning it? Just stretch the lines, quarter the slider, and shove it in like a stuff sack. Can't wait to hear how that goes. :S

Otherwise why do we bother flaking or cocooning it? Just stretch the lines, quarter the slider, and shove it in like a stuff sack. Can't wait to hear how that goes. Crazy

So far 1 cutaway in 4200 wingsuit jumps, watch me pack in 3 minutesB|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

mccordia

Otherwise why do we bother flaking or cocooning it? Just stretch the lines, quarter the slider, and shove it in like a stuff sack. Can't wait to hear how that goes. Crazy

We all wait for the vid sir. No seriously. :P

mccordia

And that wasn't even your packjob ;-)

mccordia

So why don't you pack your BASE rig that way?

Anachronist

So why don't you pack your BASE rig that way?

Who says he doesn't?

Because the base canopy is a lot bigger, more fabric to manage.
Doesnt work with a deployment bag and a dozen other quite sane reasons.

Just because I don't flake individual pannels, doesn't mean the fabric isnt right where it should be. A good shake on the nose, and using direct control (bungies that keep the lines in check together with the slider) its quick but still neat/clean and all lines and fabric are right where they should be, yet in a very short/fast way.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Im at the moment a tad busy with several video edits on past events, a jet project, suit testing, website, event planning and a lot more, but the moment I find a few spare minutes Ill try and put something together.

My packing is just a mix of tips and tricks Ive picked up from other over the past dozen years. But it seems to work, clean openings, and its nice and fast in packing..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?